Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

viktorv9

May 25, 2015
Hello there! Thanks for clicking.

This gamemode is similair to the Annihilation gamemode on Shotbow. However as this gamemode is dying on that server, and that server still has 1.8 pvp I think it would be a great addition to cubecraft.

I've got a game idea that could bring back a lot of people to the server. It's called annihilation, and it is pretty well known on other servers. Here's the basic idea:

Player loadout
The player starts out with the basic tools of a sword, an axe and a pickaxe. Full leather armor in the color of the team would also be cool.
The player must mine and collect resources to become stronger and to attack the other player's cores.
Players will respawn with this loadout when killed. They drop all items except the basic tools on death.
More details below.

Edit: Something else that I just remembered.
I remember that in these games, you could make a 'jump pad' by placing a stone pressure plate on top of an iron block. The launchpad would launch you for about 20 blocks foward, and cancel out any fall damage taken in the next 5 seconds. It would be awesome if this would be added as well.

Map

4 teams on one big, square-like map. Each team has a lange number of people on them. I say about 20 max. Maybe a bit more or fewer.
The game is on adventure mode, but you gain the basic tools needed to break blocks. So by crafting the needed tools all blocks can be broken - except the exceptions mentioned below.
-Near the player spawn-base and core.
-Ores. Can be broken, but will respawn in time.

Here's an idea on what a map could look like:
2015-06-30_1407079254224.jpg

The objective is to break the opponent's core, so that your enemies can no longer respawn and you can kill them. Each core has about 75 hits, so the core block must be broken 75 times (similair to core in blockwars). I recommend a block like endstone to be the core, so efficiency has an effect. The core has to be a little bit hidden, deep in the teams base. Again: breaking blocks near the team base is inpossible so that the team doesn't completely block up their core or enemies tunnel directly to their opponent's core. I suggest about a 20 block range where you can't break blocks near the core.

The game will also need different phases to keep order and prevent insane rushing, and add key world events. Each phase lasts 10 minutes.
Phase 1: Cores are invincible.
Phase 2: Cores are vincible.
Phase 3: Diamonds spawn in the center. Mini-bosses spawn. If we allow late-game joining, this is when we should stop that.
Phase 4: Big boss(es) spawn.
Phase 5: Cores take double damage.
(For details on bosses check a few replies down)

Here's an idea of what the core area could look like.
kDdNDBH.png

In the map are a few special places:
-Farms
Area's where the player can get food. Maybe respawning melon blocks, but this could be changed.
-Mines
per team 2 iron mines, 2 coal mines, 1 gold mine, 1 lapis mine.
The middle consists of 1 big diamond mine, as a place to fight over.
To get the ores you must break them with a pickaxe. This breaks them for a limited time, and will them reappear. I suggest a longer respawn time for diamond and a shorter respawn time for iron.
These ores also give the player exp to use for enchanting.
-Merchants
This is where gold comes in. You can use gold to either buy some basic equipment like chainmail armor, maybe a bow and arrows. Or you can buy items needed for potion brewing. I think we should just sell all items that have potion effects, so you can be creative with different strategies, as the game is based around that.
-(Trees, lumbermills)
Area's where the player can get wood. I reccommend you also make these blocks 'respawning'.
-Enchanting table
Near the base's core, protected from being broken.

With these resources you must work together with your teammates to attack the enemy cores and win the game. If you break a core, enemies will no longer be able to respawn.

End of the game

So to win the game you must destroy your opponents core. Once you are the last team standing with a core, you win the game!

Please let me know if you have any questions. I am very active on the forums so I promise I'll reply as quicly as I can. I've also spoken to a lot of people on the server and I'd love if this idea would be added to this awesome server.

That's it I think! Thanks for reading!
-viktorv9

Last edited:

viktorv9

May 25, 2015
I will edit this comment for kit ideas if people are interested in this gamemode.

So people seem interested in this game. Here are my ideas for kits. There may be more to come.

I want to start off by saying that the buy-kits-with-points system is fine, but I have something different in mind. I think to would be awesome if you earned your kits by completing achievement-like challenges. I will add the requirement by each kit. A progress indicator would be great, as there requirements are meant to be more long term. If these in-game requirements won't be added, maybe add ''Annhilation points'' (that can be optained by kills, core damage, wins ect.) or something, and make the kits more expensive. The goal of this is to keep people playing longer (because it takes longer to unlock all classe)s, so the server gains more players.

- Archer
Kit: Default + bow and about 8 arrows.
Ability: Craft 2 arrows from a sticks and a cobblestone block. Gain a little bit if exp every time you hit someone with an arrow.
Requirement: Make 100 archer kills.

- Warrior // Beserker
Kit: Default, but with a stone sword instead of a wooden one (+ the special ability item)
Ability: Right clicking with a sword or a special item actives a 8 second strength buff.
Requirement: Make 100 melee kills.

- Miner
Kit: Default, but with a stone pickaxe with efficiency II instead of a wooden pickaxe (+ the special ability item)
Ability: 20% chance to get double ores and right clicking with a pickaxe or a special item activates a 15 second haste buff.
Requirement: Mine 500 ores

- Warper
Kit: Default, with the special ability item.
Ability: Create a portal by right clicking on the ground. First portal will be the entrance and the second portal will be the destination.
Requirement: Walk a total of 50.000 blocks. (I know that sounds insane but is actually done quicker than you might expect. If it's too much, we'll change it)

- Sniper
Kit: Default + bow and 5 sniper arrows.
Ability: Craft a sniper arrow using a stick and an iron bar. Sniper arrows deal more damage the farther away the enemy is from the player. They deal less damage than a normal arrow when the enemy is too close.
Requirement: Make 10 archer kills from 50 or more blocks away.

- Grappler (?)
Kit: Default + fishing rod renamed "Grappling hook".
Ability: Using the grappling hook. (in a similar way it's used in the lobby with the grapple gadget)
Requirement: Deal 400 damage to enemy cores.

-Spy // Assassin // Shadow
Kit: Default, but with a stone sword instead of a wooden one.
Ability: Turn invisible when sneaking and standing still. Takes 1.5 seconds to kick in.
Requirement: Spend 20 minutes in active enemy bases. (By this I mean the area around the core where blocks can't be broken. I don't know if it's possible to keep track of this, as you need to check if the team core is still alive as well)

I'll add more as they come to mind. Open to suggestions!

Last edited:

Mesbar

Novice Member
Aug 11, 2017
Bosses would be a nice addition
There can be big bosses, and mini bosses.
Reward vary upon killing a boss

Such as:
Big bosses:
- Temporary regeneration (1) for the team. 5 minutes
- Temporary resistance (1) for the team. 5 minutes
(Doesn't have to be both effects, can be either one, or whatever seems more balanced)

Mini bosses:
Drops 2-6 items upon death
Such as armor, weaponry, potions etc.
These would be special weapons only dropped by the mini bosses

Bosses spawn after a certain time, for example big bosses can spawn after 15-20 minutes.
Mini bosses 3-5 minutes

As per location, big bosses somewhere in the middle
Mini bosses, each of the four teams, can have a special cage or area where the mini boss can spawn.

This way you have more approaches to winning the game, as well as playing the game differently every time, so it doesn't get stale. Bosses aren't required to win the game, but will surely help you.

I recommend that whoever last-hits the boss does not get the kill or reward, since people will just wait until last second to steal it.
When the boss dies, it drops the item(s) and whoever gets it, get it. So for the big boss, to get the reward for your entire team, it would drop an item, and whoever picks it up has to right click to activate it

After all, this is a team game

RoboticToast

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2015
Nah mate I totally agree with ya and I like this but they wont add it because "it aint original" --> "not a Cubecraft official"

viktorv9

May 25, 2015
Nah mate I totally agree with ya and I like this but they wont add it because "it aint original" --> "not a Cubecraft official"
I see that happening as well, but I think I can make a pretty good case why it could be more original then they would potentially think :)

Mesbar

Novice Member
Aug 11, 2017
There should not be a hardcore - normal - overpowered option, since that would completely ruin the game mode.
So the mode will only be normal. As for health types, it should remain on normal.
As for voting, in the game lobby, everyone can vote for their maps and choose their teams.
There needs to be a team auto-balancer of some sort. I think everyone should be able to vote and choose their maps. So every player gets 1 vote, however it would be unfair for the people who bought a rank, so I suggest rankers vote counts more
Ex.
Rank = VP(vote points)
Stone = 1 vp
Iron = 2 vp
Gold = 3 vp
and so on
So the only option players can choose in the lobby is their teams, kits, and what map they want to vote to play on.

As for game sizes, there can be multiple maps, ranging from 40, 80, and 120 (max players)
So
40 would be a 10v10v10v10
80 would be a 20v20v20v20
120 would be a 30v30v30v30
To start off I suggest starting with a 40 player map just so there can be multiple lobbies that fill up quickly.
I want to start off by saying that the buy-kits-with-points system is fine, but I have something different in mind. I think to would be awesome if you earned your kits by completing achievement-like challenges. I will add the requirement by each kit. A progress indicator would be great, as there requirements are meant to be more long term.
!
I do not think this is a good idea, since it defeats the whole point system, and players who don't usually play will have a hard time with kits. I suggest the kits be expensive in points, anything ranging from 800-2k points, since your play-style will be heavily influenced by your kit.

This is a team game, not everyone should pick the same kit, so I suggest kits become split into 3 categories.
(I suggest only starting with 3-5 kits under each category)
Offensive / Defensive / Support

Offensive - You are the main attack force of the team
Defensive - Your job is to prevent opposing forces from attacking your core
Support - Your job is to support your teammates through your specialized abilities
(Utility classes can fall under multiple categories, because of how they can be used/played)
Each kit can be played outside their assigned role depending on the players choice of strategy

If cube adds it, it would be the current top server to play Annihilation on.
The game would not even be close to a copy, because the game mechanics, maps, combat and kits are so different that it feels like an entire new game mode.
Even if Cube copies the game dead on(which they wont), cube still offers 3 unique things
1) 1.9 combat
2) EU server
3) Friendly community

viktorv9

May 25, 2015
So.. does this idea have any chance of being added? I know this would be a HUGE project, but I'd still like to see it.

Mesbar

Novice Member
Aug 11, 2017
You are kinda wrong on the 3rd part
If you compare shotbow to cube, it is much more friendlier.
Yes there are toxic players in the cube community, but cube added censors and a mute system, so its not really common. The only toxic things you might see occasionally are "L" and "e/z"
Which isn't anything major when compared

FluffyPasta

Dec 6, 2017
Yes, I think this is a very entertaining and amusing gamemode. It’s a gamemode where friends can enjoy time together and have fun. I’ve play this on another server with annihilation and I had a great time, sadly I stopped due to the server’s owner quiting Minecraft for his job. Cube is the forefront of 1.9 pvp so it should add more games related to 1.9. Gamemodes such as Bingo, Battlezone and Arcade games are gamemodes that some people may enjoy, but it is a gamemode that any Minecraft player can play. Therefore Cubecraft, the leading force of 1.9 pvp, should definitely add Annihilation.

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
Hello there! Thanks for clicking.

This gamemode is similair to the Annihilation gamemode on Shotbow. However as this gamemode is dying on that server, and that server still has 1.8 pvp I think it would be a great addition to cubecraft.

I've got a game idea that could bring back a lot of people to the server. It's called annihilation, and it is pretty well known on other servers. Here's the basic idea:

Player loadout
The player starts out with the basic tools of a sword, an axe and a pickaxe. Full leather armor in the color of the team would also be cool.
The player must mine and collect resources to become stronger and to attack the other player's cores.
Players will respawn with this loadout when killed. They drop all items except the basic tools on death.
More details below.

Edit: Something else that I just remembered.
I remember that in these games, you could make a 'jump pad' by placing a stone pressure plate on top of an iron block. The launchpad would launch you for about 20 blocks foward, and cancel out any fall damage taken in the next 5 seconds. It would be awesome if this would be added as well.

Map

4 teams on one big, square-like map. Each team has a lange number of people on them. I say about 20 max. Maybe a bit more or fewer.
The game is on adventure mode, but you gain the basic tools needed to break blocks. So by crafting the needed tools all blocks can be broken - except the exceptions mentioned below.
-Near the player spawn-base and core.
-Ores. Can be broken, but will respawn in time.

Here's an idea on what a map could look like:
View attachment 147777

The objective is to break the opponent's core, so that your enemies can no longer respawn and you can kill them. Each core has about 75 hits, so the core block must be broken 75 times (similair to core in blockwars). I recommend a block like endstone to be the core, so efficiency has an effect. The core has to be a little bit hidden, deep in the teams base. Again: breaking blocks near the team base is inpossible so that the team doesn't completely block up their core or enemies tunnel directly to their opponent's core. I suggest about a 20 block range where you can't break blocks near the core.

The game will also need different phases to keep order and prevent insane rushing, and add key world events. Each phase lasts 10 minutes.
Phase 1: Cores are invincible.
Phase 2: Cores are vincible.
Phase 3: Diamonds spawn in the center. Mini-bosses spawn. If we allow late-game joining, this is when we should stop that.
Phase 4: Big boss(es) spawn.
Phase 5: Cores take double damage.
(For details on bosses check a few replies down)

Here's an idea of what the core area could look like.
View attachment 147778

In the map are a few special places:
-Farms
Area's where the player can get food. Maybe respawning melon blocks, but this could be changed.
-Mines
per team 2 iron mines, 2 coal mines, 1 gold mine, 1 lapis mine.
The middle consists of 1 big diamond mine, as a place to fight over.
To get the ores you must break them with a pickaxe. This breaks them for a limited time, and will them reappear. I suggest a longer respawn time for diamond and a shorter respawn time for iron.
These ores also give the player exp to use for enchanting.
-Merchants
This is where gold comes in. You can use gold to either buy some basic equipment like chainmail armor, maybe a bow and arrows. Or you can buy items needed for potion brewing. I think we should just sell all items that have potion effects, so you can be creative with different strategies, as the game is based around that.
-(Trees, lumbermills)
Area's where the player can get wood. I reccommend you also make these blocks 'respawning'.
-Enchanting table
Near the base's core, protected from being broken.

With these resources you must work together with your teammates to attack the enemy cores and win the game. If you break a core, enemies will no longer be able to respawn.

End of the game

So to win the game you must destroy your opponents core. Once you are the last team standing with a core, you win the game!

Please let me know if you have any questions. I am very active on the forums so I promise I'll reply as quicly as I can. I've also spoken to a lot of people on the server and I'd love if this idea would be added to this awesome server.

That's it I think! Thanks for reading!
-viktorv9
This is destroy the nexus
This game actualy exist,

But add sometging like nexus or the walls are necesary for cubecraft.
Without UHC now cubecraft dont have any survival pvp game

Members Online

Latest profile posts

This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom