Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you think?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 377664

Don’t think so,

Pretty sure he meant: please add this game mode..
What you think is your opinion and i appreciate you for it, but that doesnt make it more true. WE have more pvp games than non pvp based games so it would be nice if this gets added for people who dont like pvp that much.

TP_Mees

Novice Member
Jan 19, 2020
Netherlands, Utrecht
What you think is your opinion and i appreciate you for it, but that doesnt make it more true. WE have more pvp games than non pvp based games so it would be nice if this gets added for people who doesnt like pvp that much.
I feel like that's like adding Iron man into Star Wars.. But ye, just my point of view. You can disagree

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I have played the kart racing game in hypixel or whatever it’s name is and it was pretty weird experience.Kart racing and Minecraft just doesn’t make much sense

AdamvriesssGG

Jan 20, 2020
CubeKart

Hello, Cubecrafters!

Today I want to introduce a new game idea I came up with in the last days.
Basically it is racing in Minecraft or formula 1 in Minecraft. I was just thinking about that Cubecraft only has 7 games at the moment (not including the featured games). Five of those 7 games are PvP based and Tower Defence is kind of a PvE game. I thought that it would be nice if Cubecraft had some more games that are not based on PvP.

I have been working out this idea together with @TheSadPotato_ and we have got the following features for the game:

Basic Information

So, in this game, you will have to race against 7 other players (So the game will be played with 8 players) to be the first one to get over the finish line. But we thought that just racing was not enough fun. We wanted to add like a tactical element to the game with pitstops, different tires, weather and time of the day. I will come back on those later in this thread. We wanted to a feature where you can customize your car, it won't affect the performance of the car, only the looks of the car, but I will also come back on that later in this thread.

Tire Types

There will be 5 different types of tires you can use, just like in the real formula 1:

- Soft
- Medium
- Hard
- Intermediate
- Full-Wet

Sunny Weather Tires:
The Soft tires are the tires with the most grip, but they also have the least durability.

Durability: 2.5 laps
Colour:
Red
The Medium tires have an average grip and average durability.

Durability: 4.5 laps

Colour: Yellow
Hard tires have the most durability but also have the least grip.

Durability: 6.2 laps

Colour: White

Rainy Weather Tires:
Both of these tires don't have that much grip on the track when it is sunny weather.

Intermediate tires are made for half-wet tracks, they don't have the most grip, but they have the most durability.

Durability: 5 laps

Colour: Green
Full-Wet tires are made for, as the title says, full-wet tracks. They have the most grip but have less durability

Durability: 3.5 laps

Colour: Blue

Snowy Weather Tires:

Well, there actually are no snowy weather tires, you will just have to think about the best strategy to win this type of races ;)

Vote Options

There will be 4 different vote options for this game:

- Circuit
- Weather
- Laps
- Time

- Circuit
Circuit (Non-ranked feature)

Everyone will be able to vote for which circuit they want to race on, just like in Linde Dash where you can vote for the map.
- Weather
Weather (Ranked feature - Diamond)

With the Diamond rank, you can vote for the weather. The weather will affect the grip on the race track and will force you to make choices on which tire type you are going to use. The different weather types that you can vote for are:

- Sunny
- Rainy
- Snowy

Sunny

When it's sunny on the circuit, your grip will be just normal and you can use whatever tire type you want.

Rainy

When it is raining on the circuit, you will have less grip on the race track. You can better choose one of the tires that are made to be used on wet tracks. (Intermediate and Full-Wet)

Snowy

When It's snowy on the circuit, you will have a terrible grip on the race track, no tires are made for this type of weather. You will have to make good tactics to win this race in the snow.
- Laps
Laps (Ranked feature - Gold)

With the Gold rank, you will be able to vote for the number of laps needed to finish the race. The different vote options are:

- 3 Laps
- 5 Laps
- 7 Laps
- 12 Laps

You will have to make a great pitstop tactic for some of those options!
- Time
Time (Ranked feature - Lapiz)
With the Lapiz rank, you will be able to vote for the time of the day, just like in other game modes like Skywars and Eggwars.

Pitstops

In order to change tires, you will have to make a pitstop. I think that this can be done by having a pit street, like in Formula 1 at the finish line. You will have an item in your inventory from where you can select the tires you want to have on your kart. There will be a time that you have to wait until this is done. The default time will be 4 seconds and you will be able to upgrade your pitstop time with points, just like the abilities in SkyWars and EggWars. The best time you can have would be 1.9 seconds. every time you upgrade it, the price of the next upgrade would be more expensive. Some examples of prices:

Level 1 (3.9 sec) - 450 points
Level 2 (3.8 sec) - 900 points
Level 3 (3.7 sec) - 1350 points
Level 4 (3.6 sec) - 1800 points

+450 points at every level.

Example of the tire selector:

0nCmDQPkRtOVMjw-kE534A.png

5EKEkaqnSWSclUjYNaseog.png

Y--dbyIBSvah3JjoFaW2HA.png

3TC9tvT8Q3G0URY88uFNDA.png

wOLHNRtCSWeTh2OY47oXSQ.png

Karts

I thought that it would be nice if the karts would just minecarts, but with an optional texture pack where the minecart is turned into a real racing kart! I have searched for some examples of 3D models:
maxresdefault.jpg

1534947362_karts-addon-1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
When there is a texture pack, another cool feature would be if you could have the option to customize your kart! You would be able to change the colour of the kart, and maybe add a pattern to the karts so you can have 2 different colours on your kart! Maybe you could these "skins" be found in cubelets, or buy it with points. I think that there should also be some "premium skins" that are only available for certain ranks. If this gets added, I'd recommend people to play with a texture pack because otherwise, you will just see a minecart. ;)

I've seen server using a diamond hoe as the item for a car, I don't know if this is better for texture pack makers, but I don't think that that will be a good idea since people could also play without texture pack. That's more for the design team to decide. c:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for me, let me know what you think of this idea. c:

Want to thank @TheSadPotato_ again for helping me with this idea!
I like the idea. maybe this can be one of those returning limited time game modes

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
This is just mario kart but in Minecraft, isn't it?;)

I really like this game, and I'd like to see this added to CubeCraft!

But there are some things I miss:

• Are there leaderboards for this game? I didn't really saw them, so here are some ideas for that: Fastest lap (person with the fastest lap, per map, 1-200); Most wins (person with the most wins).

• Also I miss the achievements, examples for achievements could be: Drive a lap under X seconds; Kill 2/3/4/5 players in 1 game using power ups. Ofcourse there are different rarities, but of there'll be more achievement you could determine them by youreself!

• And as you might seen in one of my achievement ideas: Power ups! I know this isn't really original, but it should be a really cool feature for it! Examples: a CubeCraft block (:cube_light:) which can follow and kill people; An egg that you can shoot from your car; Laser beams: once you activated them, there will be a laser beam at the place you activated it, for about 3-5 seconds (depends on the rarity) if someone crosses that beam, he'll died and respawn at the last checkpoint/pitstop.

Hope you'll do something with it!

Siftenly

Forum Expert
Nov 30, 2016
The Netherlands
This is just mario kart but in Minecraft, isn't it?;)
nd as you might seen in one of my achievement ideas: Power ups! I know this isn't really original, but it should be a really cool feature for it! Examples: a CubeCraft block :)cube:) which can follow and kill people; An egg that you can shoot from your car; Laser beams: once you activated them, there will be a laser beam at the place you activated it, for about 3-5 seconds (depends on the rarity) if someone crosses that beam, he'll died and respawn at the last checkpoint/pitstop.
Well, that's exactly what I didn't want it to be because then it would have just been like wingrush but on the ground.

Are there leaderboards for this game? I didn't really saw them, so here are some ideas for that: Fastest lap (person with the fastest lap, per map, 1-200); Most wins (person with the most wins).
Yeah, that's a neat idea! I will add them to the thread.

Also I miss the achievements, examples for achievements could be: Drive a lap under X seconds; Kill 2/3/4/5 players in 1 game using power ups. Ofcourse there are different rarities, but of there'll be more achievement you could determine them by youreself!
Achievements are a good idea indeed, I will think about some, and when I have them I will add them to the thread too.

Thank you for your ideas/opinion ;p

Reactions: Finixly

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
Sorry, I don't see this becoming a thing.
These types of 'complex' games which are 100% copies of other games don't really work well in Minecraft imo. (For example, Blockband). This game just seems really really excessive - especially with the cart models. Why would I play this game on Minecraft when I can literally download a mobile app with better graphics and more features?

TD is the only exception I'be met so far. Chunk/Cube did a good job with the development of this game tbh.

Most games which are popular make use of the core Minecraft mechanics - building and PvP.

Also, pretty sure Hypixel has a similar game. I think it was called Turbo Cart Racers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the game isn't that popular even on their massive network.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom