Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

u want dis?

• Total voters

bys1

Aug 10, 2016
Home
Hi,

I would like to see some changes in how the tab completion works for friends and parties:

First of all: /fmsg. The /fmsg command currently tab completes all of your friends. However it doesn't make much sense to message an offline friend. I'd like to see this changed to make /fmsg only tab complete online friends. This is much easier to use and also gives a better overview of your online friends rather than spamming your chat with offline people you will never be able to send a message.

Secondly: parties. The /p add command currently tab completes all online players of which most people you don't know at all. I think most players will only invite their friends to a party. I would like to see /p add only tab completing your online friends. This will make it much easier to invite your friends to a party rather than either having to type out their full name or having your chat spammed with random people.

I would like to hear your opinions on this. I think these simple changes will make most people's lives much easier (Cus life is hard) and they're also quite easy to implement for the developers. Any ideas are welcome and don't forget to vote ;)

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
Your second point would also stop people from using it to check if any player is currently online. Most players probably don’t want someone seeing when they’re connected or not, for privacy and to avoid potential harassment. Also, cheaters may check if certain staff are online to know if it’s safe.

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
To tab complete most commands with names you need to have the first 3 letters of the name, and that shouldn’t result in a lot of players to appear, especially for friends. The current tab system atm is perfectly fine with the 3 letter method, just means that sometimes you need to tab a couple more times xd. Thanks though.

bys1

Aug 10, 2016
Home
To tab complete most commands with names you need to have the first 3 letters of the name, and that shouldn’t result in a lot of players to appear, especially for friends. The current tab system atm is perfectly fine with the 3 letter method, just means that sometimes you need to tab a couple more times xd. Thanks though.
Yesterday I wanted to add The_Blocky_Man to a party and I got over 50 names.

The point with the tab completion for /fmsg is just that tab completion of offline people is completely useless. Who would want to get a tab completed command that cannot be executed at all? It's as simple as that. No one needs or wants tab completion for offline friends for a command that requires them to be online.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday!
me after realizing my uncle started watching jjk: 😨💀
UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Hiiii xSchulzis! :D
UncleSpect wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on WolfX's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom