Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

s4mways

Novice Member
May 12, 2023
www.twitch.tv
I tried to keep it short so you guys don't have to read a bible haha

Cubecraft has been around for more than 10 years now and most of you will probably know about the many deleted games. When I play on Cubecraft there is usually not much you can do since solo lucky islands & skywars are basically the same apart from the loot you get from the chests or blocks. New content in Skyblock goes slow even though many players are waiting for it. They eventually leave since they have nothing else to do. HOWEVER the Eggwars update has been a really good one!

I noticed that there is nothing to keep players on Java which is a huge problem especially because Creators have nothing to work with apart from hosting fun events with the community. I am not saying that the games are bad, it just isn't enough to keep players engaged. @Hazard mentioned before that it is hard to compete with Hypixel because they own Java which is true but I do see a solution to this problem.

I am going to use an example to explain the idea since it will be easier to understand! @jensjeflensje used to be a Developer on cubecraft and has a server where people can play Bingo. Bingo was one of the old games that got removed due to a low playercount. Jens usually gets contacted by creators to make Bingo content which is normal because it's completely different and original content. It would be smart if Cubecraft would allow Bingo to return on both Java & Bedrock since Jens would take care of the game with a professional team (QA & Developers if needed). This means Bingo would have its own Discord server too! You could see polls, suggestions and feedback.

You could do this with every game, there are a lot of talented developers who would love to improve removed & current games on the servver. It will engage players, bring new or old creators back and money shouldn't be an issue!

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
I think a developer would be able to shed more light on it but I'll try my best even though it may be a bit iffy.
I think there is quite a difference between making one game from scratch for someone and building a minigame on a server which handles both bedrock and java and has a gameframe which is used inbetween games. To have a similar structure as the other games the developer would first need acces to most of the codebase and get familair with it before being able to do actual work. From this perspective it's a lot more economical to hire developers long term instead of a different one each time and pay for the learning process. Someone with the company for some time would be able to do the same work much quicker.

The idea could however work for marketplace worlds, as these are completely separate from each other.

s4mways

Novice Member
May 12, 2023
www.twitch.tv
I think a developer would be able to shed more light on it but I'll try my best even though it may be a bit iffy.
I think there is quite a difference between making one game from scratch for someone and building a minigame on a server which handles both bedrock and java and has a gameframe which is used inbetween games. To have a similar structure as the other games the developer would first need acces to most of the codebase and get familair with it before being able to do actual work. From this perspective it's a lot more economical to hire developers long term instead of a different one each time.

The idea could however work for marketplace worlds, as these are completely separate from each other.
Cubecraft doesn't need to hire them, I mentioned in the example that some old games already exist on a server dedicated to that specific game. I am 100% sure that there's more old cubecraft developers that'd love to return to continue working on their game with their own team.

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Cubecraft doesn't need to hire them, I mentioned in the example that some old games already exist on a server dedicated to that specific game. I am 100% sure that there's more old cubecraft developers that'd love to return to continue working on their game with their own team.
I'm not sure what you're suggesting in that case.
. It would be smart if Cubecraft would allow Bingo to return on both Java & Bedrock since Jens would take care of the game with a professional team
You're suggesting that Jens would be hired as a freelancer and create Bingo on Cubecraft, no?
This means Bingo would have its own Discord server too!
I'm also not really sure where a dedicated Discord Server would come into play. Why not just have it in the CubeCraft Discord Community Talks channel? Where it can reach a broader audience.
there are a lot of talented developers who would love to improve removed & current games on the servver.
In the suggesting it's also not clear that you're only referring to old devs, and even then with the 1.19 update the whole codebase was rewritten and these 'removed gamemodes' would need to be updated to work with the gameframework, which again would require a learning process and time.

To add onto this if an old cubecraft developer is interested I'm sure he can reach out in some way, if he truly wants to further work on a game he started.

Reactions: s4mways

s4mways

Novice Member
May 12, 2023
www.twitch.tv
I'm not sure what you're suggesting in that case.
Mineplex is currently doing the same and their network is down, a network who's currently doing good on bedrock would have no problem doing this + it would really help Java as well.

You're suggesting that Jens would be hired as a freelancer and create Bingo on Cubecraft, no?
He already made a server where content creators play Bingo, hence is why i mentioned it brings more creators to cubecraft & a fresh game for bedrock players.
I'm also not really sure where a dedicated Discord Server would come into play. Why not just have it in the CubeCraft Discord Community Talks channel? Where it can reach a broader audience.
Very logical, community talks can stay but an entire community focussing on one game is much better. Users xho never played cubecraft would find their way to the server, more & better suggestions from players who understand the game well. There is no reason not to have one if you see how many players cube has on bedrock & Java.
To add onto this if an old cubecraft developer is interested I'm sure he can reach out in some way, if he truly wants to further work on a game he started
That is indeed the idea behind it, there are other talented developers in the community who could work on a deleted game if they are interested in doing that!

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
I can confirm that nearly all the prior developers for CubeCraft who have left in the last few years have moved into roles they're very happy with. A good number of them are working in parts of the tech industry they have always wanted to work in, so I'll be honest, I don't think any would want to return.

With regards to the bingo and other games situation;
We still have all the code and assets for those games, however due to us moving to our new Game Framework system, and the update to 1.20 with PaperMC, the games like Bingo, Tower Defense, and Among Slimes, are all still written in the outdated code and almost certainly wouldn't even run if we tried to spin them up right now.
Each one would take time to update and rewrite parts to get it to work. Bingo would be especially problematic because it uses a custom world generation system which I'm guessing would need lots of work. But we'd be fully capable of doing so.

However, this would still be easier to do than integrating someone else's game into our codebase. We have no idea if it would be compatible, how it runs games, how it handles stats, how it handles player information...

s4mways

Novice Member
May 12, 2023
www.twitch.tv
However, this would still be easier to do than integrating someone else's game into our codebase. We have no idea if it would be compatible, how it runs games, how it handles stats, how it handles player information...
I am sure there would be a solution for that no? If this would work out then partners & creators would have more to work with which is perfect for content. Professionals are working on the server so I believe that the team can make it work.

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
I am sure there would be a solution for that no? If this would work out then partners & creators would have more to work with which is perfect for content. Professionals are working on the server so I believe that the team can make it work.
Well yes, it's possible, but it would be way easier to convert our old Bingo code to the new system instead.
I need to stress that it wouldn't be easy, it would just be easier than using someone else's code.

Plus there's a whole issue of intellectual property rights and code rights if we were to bring someone else's product into ours, so using our old code would avoid that mess.

And with regards to why we don't have those games available right now, you can read up the specifics in this thread. The is more information and explanation in the replies for more details.

Reactions: Hoshi and s4mways

s4mways

Novice Member
May 12, 2023
www.twitch.tv
Well yes, it's possible, but it would be way easier to convert our old Bingo code to the new system instead.
I need to stress that it wouldn't be easy, it would just be easier than using someone else's code.

Plus there's a whole issue of intellectual property rights and code rights if we were to bring someone else's product into ours, so using our old code would avoid that mess.

And with regards to why we don't have those games available right now, you can read up the specifics in this thread. The is more information and explanation in the replies for more details.
Cubecraft could offer the right dev tools to those who are interested no? The games that have been removed give me Minecraft Monday vibes. I know it would take a long time for those developers but it would be worth it in the end no? Frequent updates for the most important games.

11Ls

Sep 5, 2016
CubeCraft absolutely could public-source/open-source their deprecated and unused games for players to contribute to.

Reactions: s4mways

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
CubeCraft absolutely could public-source/open-source their deprecated and unused games for players to contribute to.
so you want to throw open all the codes for any game that is currently outdated or not on the network? I might misunderstand, but if that's indeed what you are suggesting here, I would like to point out Trolling and Theft as just two major problems which are bound to happen and of which we cannot comprehend the consequences of.

I really like Bingo as a gamemode (in fact, I have suggested the return too, almost 2 years ago (which was a repost of the almost 60 times agreed thread of 2WPS)), but with the current state of CubeCraft (definitely Java) and the server of Jens, which I think is a well made one, but doesn't pull any players, reality is just massively against this idea. Besides the points mentioned by Laura and Xavi, it's not sustainable to keep Bingo for a longer time. The chances of the game pulling members is quite big, but not to retain members, as games can easily get repetitive and have very little interaction with other players, unlike PvP games for example.

Right now, I don't think Bingo is the game that should return or should be updated back to the current framework. Bingo is a nice game to play in between games, but not as a main game, and I believe that's way more what is needed for CubeCraft. I obviously only speak from a Java player perspective, so I wouldn't know the popularity on Bedrock and how that would develop itsself, but even without that knowledge I would still be in favor of putting dev time in something else, which is more helpful to get the network back on track.

• Disagree
Reactions: 11Ls

s4mways

Novice Member
May 12, 2023
www.twitch.tv
Right now, I don't think Bingo is the game that should return or should be updated back to the current framework. Bingo is a nice game to play in between games, but not as a main game, and I believe that's way more what is needed for CubeCraft.
I'm not saying Bingo needs to come back, it's an example like I mentioned before although Bingo would be a perfect game for partners & creators to host privategames for example.
as games can easily get repetitive and have very little interaction with other players, unlike PvP games for example.
Solo Skywars & Lucky Islands are litereally the same? ..

The old translator team contained some volunteers who were really talented and there are more professionals among us. Minerware for example would be a good project for someone with a lot of experience & talent.

Reactions: Blom

ToonBer

Moderator 🍰
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
May 13, 2021
The country of beer and chocolate
When I play on Cubecraft there is usually not much you can do since solo lucky islands & skywars are basically the same apart from the loot you get from the chests or blocks. New content in Skyblock goes slow even though many players are waiting for it. They eventually leave since they have nothing else to do. HOWEVER the Eggwars update has been a really good one!
I have to agree with most of this, back when we had other games like minerware and among slimes on java, there were many people coming to the server to play these game and after some games played some skywars/eggwars/lucky island games, and I am not talking about the first months of these games but in general.
You can see this in recent player counts when limited-time game modes like snowman survival were launched.
To be honest, I personally wouldn't start my Minecraft to play Sky Wars, but I would for another unique game, maybe because I'm not the fully PVP type.
These types of game modes were removed based on player count but as stated above these games also attracted many player to the server that also played/started playing the other games on the network. Idk if you had stats from player movement/traffic between game modes. If you have these would be cool to see these.

• Agree
Reactions: Hoshi and s4mways
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D I hope you have an awesome day today!
GiGaGekkies wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday
people on roblox are so crazy they target me for having a “furry-like” outfit so often that i have to switch to a cowboy outfit just so i can have a normal experience 🤣🤣🙏
Top Bottom