Votes: 10 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Rainbowaffelz

Aug 10, 2016
Waffeland
corgiorgy.com
I've had this idea about creating a walkthrough / step by step guide to use the forums.
Basically when some one creates a new account on the forums it will ask them if they would want a walkthrough on how to use the forums. If they accept it would show them the rules ( IGN rules and forum rules ), exactly where to post what content, where to put hacker reports, frequently asked questions and others. The point is they are not aloud to post any content until the finish the walkthrough. This should lessen the amount of repeated threads and help people get used to how the forums work. Any suggestions or comments on this?

Anyone with an account already created will not have to go through the walkthrough.

Edit : Changed it so it is not a forced walkthrough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Younisco and ISTY.

ISTY.

Forum Expert
Dec 26, 2016
London
www.nasa.gov
raw

But also, I don't think it should be forced, I think there should be a skip button, because some people already know how it functions, and don't want their hand to be held

Reactions: Nomyt

Rainbowaffelz

Aug 10, 2016
Waffeland
corgiorgy.com
But also, I don't think it should be forced, I think there should be a skip button, because some people already know how it functions, and don't want their hand to be held

As much as that would be great, There will be that kid who thinks he knows how to use the forums then immediately break the rules.

As a side bones if it is forced then it would make people create less alts as they would have to sit through the walkthrough for every account they make.

_Rogue_Killer_

Novice Member
Nov 25, 2016
In a land Called NYC
www.youtube.com
Definitely a good idea, when I first joined the forums I was clueless! I really hope this gets implemented so new members can have some idea of what is happening! Meanwhile We should all be doing our best to help out the newbies :P

ISTY.

Forum Expert
Dec 26, 2016
London
www.nasa.gov
As much as that would be great, There will be that kid who thinks he knows how to use the forums then immediately break the rules.

As a side bones if it is forced then it would make people create less alts as they would have to sit through the walkthrough for every account they make.
OK, but what about people who have come from different forums like reddit or gamefaqs

Rainbowaffelz

Aug 10, 2016
Waffeland
corgiorgy.com
OK, but what about people who have come from different forums like reddit or gamefaqs

How about they are forced to see the rules then after that they are aloud to skip the rest of the tutorial

They would just keep going through the tutorial without reading anything to end it as fast as possible and hurry on making a "get an anticheat" post

True, but it can be there for the people who actually want the help getting started

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
How about they are forced to see the rules then after that they are aloud to skip the rest of the tutorial

True, but it can be there for the people who actually want the help getting started
Forcing them to see the rules won't force them to read the rules, mostly because they don't want to.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
I don't think it should be required for the forums, I do think a /accept rules command should be on the server though.
When you click on forums in the menu, the rules are right in front of you, which also includes instructions on how to report players.
Anyone that is interested in the rules, would open that up before posting anything.

Rakion

Aug 2, 2016
I mean, a good idea. But not very necessary, a forums is pretty straight foward. They can click on anything on the forums and it technically explains to them everything, you click on a category that says "PvP" you use common sense and say, this is a pvp category meaning only for pvp posts. And when they click create a thread they can just get ideas from other threads and see how to do it, not really needing for a tutorial if you have common sense and know how to read. + people will just skip it like terms and services.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
What really needs to happen is the report section needs be pushed to the top of the forums list... Anyway I think it would be a good idea but cubecraft would have to offer the guide in many different languages. ♡

Reactions: Rainbowaffelz

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
I've had this idea about creating a walkthrough / step by step guide to use the forums.
Basically when some one creates a new account on the forums it will forcefully show them the rules ( IGN rules and forum rules ), exactly where to post what content, where to put hacker reports, frequently asked questions and others. The point is they are not aloud to post any content until the finish the walkthrough. This should lessen the amount of repeated threads and help people get used to how the forums work. Any suggestions or comments on this?

Edit : Anyone with an account already created will not have to go through the walkthrough.
I would love this idea! I think that they should add this!

Rainbowaffelz

Aug 10, 2016
Waffeland
corgiorgy.com
Anyway I think it would be a good idea but cubecraft would have to offer the guide in many different languages. ♡

At first this would be a problem but once the different languages are completed it should be helpful to people.
If this were to happen the first three languages would probley be English, Dutch, and Spanish with other languages afterwards.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Big pro :)
Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
us fr
Untitled356_20240416075428.png
Eli
6,666 Reaction score, nice.

Stay tuned for 66,666!
Eli
Come on, let's reach the ultra evil number...
1713239597971.png
Top Bottom