Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What should people be able to do with their reports?

• They should only be able to send them - No interaction with them afterwards.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Elissaios

Dec 22, 2016
UK
Hello,

I have just accidentally sent a report and it was incomplete (lacking explanation). This has prompted me to make a post on making reports, and what could be done to make it better.

Firstly, I feel that reporters should be able to edit any open cases. This is so that in the unfortunate event that they have not been able to provide enough information or evidence but accidentally sent it off as I had done, they would be able to change this mistake back.

I also believe that reporters should be able to view any cases that they have sent off, as many reviewers provide very little feedback (it would be nice if they could write more than just one or two sentences) - It would make it much more clearer to anybody reporting on what they could do to make better reports next time if they were able to see the mistakes they made, especially if they've forgotten the context of what they based their reports on, or what they wrote in them.

If Cubecraft wants to improve their drastic situation regarding cheaters (I see one every other game of EggWars I play) then they could do with improving their system of reporting. I personally don't like how they use the forums to report instead of having an in-game watchdog service as many other minigame servers do, but they could at least try and improve their current system if they're so convicted to using it rather than a much more efficient system (Before you complain, I understand the issue with not enough staff or spam reports, and I think that's garbage, as in it shouldn't be an issue).

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Open reports used to be abused, that's why they made it closed reports. People would comment underneath people their report with things as 'oh hey that's a hacker!' which isn't allowed or they would quickly edit their inappropriate reports. Making them closed was the easiest way to deal with the problem. Make a new one if you did something wrong, it's not that bad to get a red word between the green ones.

Cube gets over 300 reports a day, that's why staffmembers can't write something personal about your report. I wouldn't like it if I should write 10 sentences after watching a 5 minute video.
Btw, there is a developer working on an Anti-cheat.

Elissaios

Dec 22, 2016
UK
Open reports used to be abused, that's why they made it closed reports. People would comment underneath people their report with things as 'oh hey that's a hacker!' which isn't allowed or they would quickly edit their inappropriate reports. Making them closed was the easiest way to deal with the problem. Make a new one if you did something wrong, it's not that bad to get a red word between the green ones.

Cube gets over 300 reports a day, that's why staffmembers can't write something personal about your report.
My suggestion wasn't to have open reports - I agree with you, it is a bad idea. My suggestion was to allow users access to THEIR OWN reports, view them to see their mistakes, and possibly change them to add additional evidence that they didn't have at the time of the report. I can't make a new one due to the incomplete one having to be reviewed first.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands

Cube gets over 300 reports a day, that's why staffmembers can't write something personal about your report. I wouldn't like it if I should write 10 sentences after watching a 5 minute video.
Hes suggesting be able to edit our reports not the public/private idea which i support considering copypaste dosent always register correctly

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net

I think he means you can view your own reports not other people's. :3 EDIT: took too long sry xD

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Hes suggesting be able to edit our reports not the public/private idea
or they would quickly edit their inappropriate reports
Make a new one if you did something wrong, it's not that bad to get a red word between the green ones.

My suggestion wasn't to have open reports - I agree with you, it is a bad idea. My suggestion was to allow users access to THEIR OWN reports, view them to see their mistakes, and possibly change them to add additional evidence that they didn't have at the time of the report. I can't make a new one due to the incomplete one having to be reviewed first.
After that you can make a new one. Or just check if all your data is complete about the person. EDIT: I haven't made a single mistake with the new report system. It's not that hard to check your report twice before pressing on the report button.

Elissaios

Dec 22, 2016
UK
After that you can make a new one. Or just check if all your data is complete about the person .
You can make a new one, yes, but you cannot check the data - which is what I want. Also, you can't add any data if the data isn't complete, which is also what I want.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
You can make a new one, yes, but you cannot check the data - which is what I want. Also, you can't add any data if the data isn't complete, which is also what I want.
Why would you report someone when your data isn't complete?

Elissaios

Dec 22, 2016
UK
Why would you report someone when your data isn't complete?
Maybe you accidentally sent it, as I did, by misclicking the button (there's no confirmation). Or maybe you got all of your data, but someone else did too and they just gave it to you, or somehow you got some more from any future encounters - You cannot add this new data to support your report, but with my suggestion, you are able to.

telegamer

Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Bansilvania
bit.ly
Yes please :D For example, had a little bit situation today, had the name sellam024 copied, then another hacker came so added that but still had the name copied from the advertiser :p Didn't notice at first, then reported the right guy right after, would be nice to be able to edit them because now my streak is dead :( +1
r4CxAUU.png

L

Lepzi

I do agree that only the person who started the report should be allowed to open the report whenever they want just incase they have made a mistake or need to edit anything encase they forgot

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg:
1714062934709.png

fun new launcher lol
marshduck11 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
I'm waiting for my facts!
Top Bottom