Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you want the annoying sounds to be finally gone?

• Yes please let me be afk in peace

• No.. (Why......?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Heyy let's quote something I already quoted.
't was kind of already said by @Falice ...
f28ec95049827fb5f8d5940ef930d125.png

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Clearly, no one is (willing?) to even understand my point of view, so I'm not even discussing this any further

Donald .D

Jun 20, 2018
Idc do whatever you want because I am not gonna work for it, I just think it's not that important.
You can just lower the volume but you guys are lazy AF.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Idc do whatever you want because I am not gonna work for it, I just think it's not that important.

I mean if we all have to stop ''complaing'' and stop ''being lazy'' we should not have developed the party system and all try to join the same game like we used to.
Then we should not have added map selection armor stands since we can wait for the rotation on the boards.

Donald .D

Jun 20, 2018
Not to be rude but since when do you decide what they can and cannot be used for? Plenty of people socialize and meet new friends in the lobbies.
Sorry, but just because you do not concider the lobby a place to just relax and such does not mean everyone thinks that way.

Hence why people are suggesting this feature / agree with this suggestion.
Sorry!! But we are talking about being afk. Are you gonna meet people while being afk!! SUPERPOWER

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Clearly, no one is (willing?) to even understand my point of view, so I'm not even discussing this any further
As far as I'm aware, your POV is based around the fact that we can disable our own sounds.
While that is something we can do, it's an inconvenient solution for us. Making the sounds mute in the server side would be a convenient solution with no downsides. Why would we settle for an inconvenient solution (with downsides!!!) instead of a convenient solution (without downsides!)?
I really don't see any logic behind what you're saying.

"but you're lazy AF"
Okay, guess we're all lazy for thinking that we want something like an auto-play feature or a quick join feature.
Guess we're lazy for using parties to all join the same game.
Guess we're also lazy for using a map selector instead of browsing through lobbies till we find what we want.
Do you see where this is going?
"Lazy" or not, it's a quality of life feature. Do you know what that means? If not, I'll describe it for you:
Official definition of a "quality of life":
noun: quality of life
The standard of health, comfort, and happiness experienced by an individual or group.

Simplified version: It's convenient and doesn't have any downsides attached to it.

What's so bad about adding this feature?
I'll just copy what I replied to Zoon:
"As far as I'm aware, your POV is based around the fact that we can disable our own sounds.
While that is something we can do, it's an inconvenient solution for us. Making the sounds mute in the server side would be a convenient solution with no downsides. Why would we settle for an inconvenient solution (with downsides!!!) instead of a convenient solution (without downsides!)?
I really don't see any logic behind what you're saying."

Sorry!! But we are talking about being afk. Are you gonna meet people while being afk!! SUPERPOWER
Failed to even try and counter my argument earlier:
Alright, how about this: What's the harm in making sounds coming from invisible players mute by default instead of playing it to everyone on the lobby? I can't think of a single downside.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
As far as I'm aware, your POV is based around the fact that we can disable our own sounds.
I really don't see any logic behind what you're saying.

"but you're lazy AF"
Okay, guess we're all lazy for thinking that we want something like an auto-play feature or a quick join feature.
Guess we're lazy for using parties to all join the same game.
Guess we're also lazy for using a map selector instead of browsing through lobbies till we find what we want.
Do you see where this is going?
"Lazy" or not, it's a quality of life feature. Do you know what that means? If not, I'll describe it for you:
Official definition of a "quality of life":
noun: quality of life
The standard of health, comfort, and happiness experienced by an individual or group.

Simplified version: It's convenient and doesn't have any downsides attached to it.

What's so bad about adding this feature?
I'll just copy what I replied to Zoon:
"As far as I'm aware, your POV is based around the fact that we can disable our own sounds.
I really don't see any logic behind what you're saying."

Failed to even try and counter my argument earlier:
I don't see the logic behind implementing a thing like this, just because we are too lazy to put our volume down, it'll only take dev time

Reactions: Donald .D

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
And I quoted your message about what the lobbies can and cannot be used for.
Aside from that, wether you are AFK or regular chatting, why would that make it any different? The noise is annoying non the less regardless of what you are doing.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
I don't see the logic behind implementing a thing like this, just because we are too lazy to put our volume down, it'll only take dev time
Because it's a quality of life feature and it has no downsides. Loads of us want it, and there's no reason that we should hear sounds coming from invisible players.
Dev-time is a pointless argument, as it's involved in every feature ever.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Because it's a quality of life feature and it has no downsides. Loads of us want it, and there's no reason that we should hear sounds coming from invisible players.
Dev-time is a pointless argument, as it's involved in every feature ever.
The down side seems just like I said, developers developing such a feature just because we're lazy, on the other hand though, "as it's involved in every feature ever", then sure why not

But it's obviously not a priority at this moment

Reactions: Donald .D

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
Alright so don't feel like reading through all the pages of the thread, just through the 1st page, but here's my 2 cents.
While this doesn't personally affect me much since I generally have my minecraft volume muted cause I don't like things distracting me from my music or my calls, this is very obviously a good suggestion.
Yes, it is 100% worth a Developer's time to code something like that, while you can just go to your volume slider
Excellent!
This is seriously the only thing people can say everytime there's a suggestion. Yeah sure, you could go to your options and reduce the volume everytime you're in a lobby and put it back up when you enter a game. Hell, you could even disconnect from the server if you're browsing the internet for a bit while waiting on something.
But you know what, I'm sure there's so many features in the server which could've also just not been done and were "unnecessary", but were still done just for convenience sake.
And this would also be there just for convenience sake. Don't underestimate the power of the small quality of life features, just a tip for anything you wish to work on in your life.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Alright so don't feel like reading through all the pages of the thread, just through the 1st page, but here's my 2 cents.
While this doesn't personally affect me much since I generally have my minecraft volume muted cause I don't like things distracting me from my music or my calls, this is very obviously a good suggestion.

This is seriously the only thing people can say everytime there's a suggestion. Yeah sure, you could go to your options and reduce the volume everytime you're in a lobby and put it back up when you enter a game. Hell, you could even disconnect from the server if you're browsing the internet for a bit while waiting on something.
But you know what, I'm sure there's so many features in the server which could've also just not been done and were "unnecessary", but were still done just for convenience sake.
And this would also be there just for convenience sake. Don't underestimate the power of the small quality of life features, just a tip for anything you wish to work on in your life.
I already agreed on the suggestion so reaf before reminding me AGAIN
Jesus christ, gotta contain myself here

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
I already agreed on the suggestion so reaf before reminding me AGAIN
Jesus christ, gotta contain myself here
I clearly stated that I wasn't reading throughout all the pages. Wasn't looking like you were agreeing, in fact you seemed religiously against it. If 3 pages later you ended up agreeing, alright, just say so. I was just supporting what I saw was a good suggestion. If that made you "need to contain yourself" then you really need to do some yoga or some exercise to reduce that anxiety problem buddy. Works wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom