Status
Not open for further replies.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
It is bad, but it was never an issue until the new KB came out with the combo locking and lower pinging players look like reach.
Like 180 ping is also faster than the average humans reaction time which is around 250, so it’s not too big of a deal if you have a stable connection (no packet delays/loss, and a 3 bar connection to the router)
Average human reaction time is much lower than 250ms.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
While an average human reaction time may fall between 200-250ms, your computer could be adding 10-50ms on top.
250ms is a quarter of a second average human reaction time is 20th of a second.

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
Relating to the first post, I'll try to be as much as unbiased as I can.

Ping : Yes that's on cube they can put na servers

Lag (fps) : Nah, that's not on cubecraft, xbox runs so bad. Yes, other servers run smoothly but that's likely due to the lower ping

New kb : u already know what I was going to say, new kb is perfect, polls show the majority of players like it. Even if it's a little inconsistent, that's not a thing cube craft can control, this also happens to other servers as well, you can't expect every single hit to do for example 2 block's, sometimes it will do 1.9 or 2.2, that's the way it is, nothing cu be craft can fix.

Bugs : Yes, Cubecraft is a lot more bugger than the other servers, but again that might be due to the fact that the ping is higher. Now I have friends in eu and there's still too many bugs, for this one, I do think cube craft can do better. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they should fix every single bug. It's like 2 people looking at the number 6 from 2 different sides, one is going to see it 9 and the other 6. Hence, I think cube craft is buggy but I don't think we should blame the staff for it since they can't fix EVERY single bug.

Xbox : I think this is a problem with Microsoft, they designed xbox so poorly to run on mine craft. Yes other servers run more smoothly than cc on xbox, but again I think this is due to the bugs cube craft has, or how big the lobby Is can also cause lots of fps drops aswell

I do think you have some good points in this post, but quite a few of them aren't some stuff that cubecraft can really fix.

Reactions: Technosword

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Relating to the first post, I'll try to be as much as unbiased as I can.

Ping : Yes that's on cube they can put na servers

Lag (fps) : Nah, that's not on cubecraft, xbox runs so bad. Yes, other servers run smoothly but that's likely due to the lower ping

New kb : u already know what I was going to say, new kb is perfect, polls show the majority of players like it. Even if it's a little inconsistent, that's not a thing cube craft can control, this also happens to other servers as well, you can't expect every single hit to do for example 2 block's, sometimes it will do 1.9 or 2.2, that's the way it is, nothing cu be craft can fix.

Bugs : Yes, Cubecraft is a lot more bugger than the other servers, but again that might be due to the fact that the ping is higher. Now I have friends in eu and there's still too many bugs, for this one, I do think cube craft can do better. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they should fix every single bug. It's like 2 people looking at the number 6 from 2 different sides, one is going to see it 9 and the other 6. Hence, I think cube craft is buggy but I don't think we should blame the staff for it since they can't fix EVERY single bug.

Xbox : I think this is a problem with Microsoft, they designed xbox so poorly to run on mine craft. Yes other servers run more smoothly than cc on xbox, but again I think this is due to the bugs cube craft has, or how big the lobby Is can also cause lots of fps drops aswell

I do think you have some good points in this post, but quite a few of them aren't some stuff that cubecraft can really fix.
So basically tldr NA and Asian would fix most of this.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
I just played 2 games and got 2 of these bugs. First game was eggwars solo, and 1 guy was so saturation bugged they were basically invincible. I hit them 11 times and they took 1 heart of damage, WTF. Second game was minerware, and many times I lost because people had such low ping, it's like they have reach.

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
fps and ping are completely different things

some bugs are ping related, tho most of them are cubecrafts fault
if fps and ping are completely different things then why is cubecraft laggeir than other servers? I dont find a cause for this? Every other server that runs smoothly has better ping? idk just some connection i found.

2.) not cubecrafts fault, you cant expect them to fix every bug. The staff have lives and work hard, you cant expect them to fix every bug.
I just played 2 games and got 2 of these bugs. First game was eggwars solo, and 1 guy was so saturation bugged they were basically invincible. I hit them 11 times and they took 1 heart of damage, WTF. Second game was minerware, and many times I lost because people had such low ping, it's like they have reach.
once again cant expect them to fix every bug lol
So basically tldr NA and Asian would fix most of this.
yeah basically

quartz 🌈

Aug 12, 2020
the furry fandom
if fps and ping are completely different things then why is cubecraft laggeir than other servers? I dont find a cause for this? Every other server that runs smoothly has better ping? idk just some connection i found.
cube might be(i can't verify it since I run on 500fps anyway) laggier because the maps and entities might not be as optimised as on let's say the hive
2.) not cubecrafts fault, you cant expect them to fix every bug. The staff have lives and work hard, you cant expect them to fix every bug.
ofc devs have lives too but they are still supposed to fix bugs(yes i know some bugs have higher priority than others pls no network ben)

Ben

Aug 4, 2020
Radcliffe
Pronouns
He/They
I'm not really involved in the development & product side of CubeCraft - I'm just here to respond to some of the mentions of the infrastructure team in this thread, since I do know that people don't really hear from us that often.

Specifically when SG duos released where it was the worst. The server became so unplayble the player count dropped to a very low amount at the peak hours.
If you check minetrack bedrock you will see cubecraft goes down a lot. Drastically at that, it can go from 40000 to 1000 players in a few minutes. I don't have a fix for this issue, apart from hire more people to the infrastructure team.

I'm aware that around the time SG duos released, we were made aware of some faulty code that had gone out which caused lagspikes in Bedrock games. The development team responded quickly to fix this, but I do agree that it's not acceptable for us to be in a position like that.

We rarely have incidents which impact our player count so much that we drop by that amount - in the past few months, we have had only two of such magnitude which I can remember. Generally, whenever such an incident occurs, we notice almost immediately and start diagnosing the issue in order to fix it, as well as identifying the root cause to ensure that such a situation doesn't arise again. Every incident for us is a learning experience - in the past few months, we've worked on and vastly expanded our monitoring, response and recovery methods. If there's enough interest in these topics we could look into doing a Behind the Cube on it some day, I'm sure ;)

Regarding hiring more people - the infrastructure team has been expanding rapidly over the past few months - we've gone from only one person last August to a team of around six people today - and we still have plans to grow even further soon. We are definitely aware that some players experience latency due to us being only an EU server right now, and we're working on some exciting stuff that we can't wait to show you (NA players stay tuned :monkeylook:).

Hope this clears up at least some of your concerns - if you do have any questions, my forums conversations are always open, and I'll do my best to answer :)

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
that's likely due to the lower ping
When I say Hive, I mean Hive EU, because when I play I usually play with toby because High ping never bothers me. When I play warzone I get 100+ Ping. Doesn’t make me a worse player? And ping is a delay in SERVER, higher ping doesn’t work the CPU or GPU more?
Ping is the same if you had your friend sit on top of a building and screamed down at you. The further you are the longer it takes to travel to you. It doesn’t make it less of a sound it could make it quieter but in a sense of gaming ping won’t be an issue with FPS or taking less KB or something like that, delayed KB yes, stacked KB not really
that's not a thing cube craft can control, this also happens to other servers as well, you
I play Hive EU and the KB is a lot more consistent
should blame the staff for it since they can't fix EVERY single bug.
Look wt Hive again. Like I compare Cube and Battlefront 2 a lot. Yea one is owned by EA and the other is owned by Digital Tree Media. I’ve seen smaller indie games have less bugs than cubecraft. What about all the non featured servers that run with less bugs? So why does it feel like cc takes WAY too long for bug fixes. Yet they are owned by an actual company than a few friends like a non featured server.
Bugs : Yes, Cubecraft is a lot more bugger than the other servers, but again that might be due to the fact that the ping is higher
Hive EU. Look at LifeBoat, I get 90 ping but it’s buggy asf. Same with Mineplex I get 70 ping it’s still very buggy. Not Hive tho, and I get 110, and then on EU server god knows how much.
bugs cube craft has, or how big the lobby Is can also cause lots of fps drops aswell
Cubecraft could fix it, they made an update specific to run switch better IT HELPED xbox players, like a lot more in Dream It’s a bit more playable but it’s still bad. In modern it runs fine until you go center or someone upgrades a gen at their base.
AND EVERY player deserves the right to chose what gamemode or server they play. They SHOULDN’T be told “If your laggy play skywars” “If you don’t like the bugs go play hive” that is NOT fair at all to anyone and is a stupid excuse for anyone who says that.
some bugs are ping related, tho most of them are cubecrafts fault
Block lag isn’t even ping. But it makes sense on how it would be. Same with saturation, I could see that.
I hit them 11 times and they took 1 heart of damage, WTF.
At the beginning of game when you drop from cage you get more saturation then you do if you eat or respawn
I dont find a cause for this? Every other server that runs smoothly has better ping?
Hive EU
not cubecrafts fault, you cant expect them to fix every bug. The staff have lives and work hard, you cant expect them to fix every bug.
Hive, Galaxite.
once again cant expect them to fix every bug lol
Would much rather them release bug fixes before gamemodes though?
Also @DarkStray have u tried using a texture pack with 8 pixels? as ugly as it looks, it boosts my fps from 150 to 400 (no joke)
Doesn’t work on xbox, and also. People on xbox shouldn’t have to buy an app then take an hour of there day to install, manage files, edit the manifest to the texture update pack then have it run.

It’s the entities that screw FPS on xbox not the textures, the CPU on the xbox is god awful. The GPU is good enough to run games.

But in all honesty Minecraft is a block game but somehow runs like Cyberpunk77

• Love
Reactions: Dualninja

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
When I say Hive, I mean Hive EU, because when I play I usually play with toby because High ping never bothers me. When I play warzone I get 100+ Ping. Doesn’t make me a worse player? And ping is a delay in SERVER, higher ping doesn’t work the CPU or GPU more?
Ping is the same if you had your friend sit on top of a building and screamed down at you. The further you are the longer it takes to travel to you. It doesn’t make it less of a sound it could make it quieter but in a sense of gaming ping won’t be an issue with FPS or taking less KB or something like that, delayed KB yes, stacked KB not really

I play Hive EU and the KB is a lot more consistent

Look wt Hive again. Like I compare Cube and Battlefront 2 a lot. Yea one is owned by EA and the other is owned by Digital Tree Media. I’ve seen smaller indie games have less bugs than cubecraft. What about all the non featured servers that run with less bugs? So why does it feel like cc takes WAY too long for bug fixes. Yet they are owned by an actual company than a few friends like a non featured server.

Hive EU. Look at LifeBoat, I get 90 ping but it’s buggy asf. Same with Mineplex I get 70 ping it’s still very buggy. Not Hive tho, and I get 110, and then on EU server god knows how much.

Cubecraft could fix it, they made an update specific to run switch better IT HELPED xbox players, like a lot more in Dream It’s a bit more playable but it’s still bad. In modern it runs fine until you go center or someone upgrades a gen at their base.
AND EVERY player deserves the right to chose what gamemode or server they play. They SHOULDN’T be told “If your laggy play skywars” “If you don’t like the bugs go play hive” that is NOT fair at all to anyone and is a stupid excuse for anyone who says that.

Block lag isn’t even ping. But it makes sense on how it would be. Same with saturation, I could see that.

At the beginning of game when you drop from cage you get more saturation then you do if you eat or respawn

Hive EU

Hive, Galaxite.

Would much rather them release bug fixes before gamemodes though?

Doesn’t work on xbox, and also. People on xbox shouldn’t have to buy an app then take an hour of there day to install, manage files, edit the manifest to the texture update pack then have it run.

It’s the entities that screw FPS on xbox not the textures, the CPU on the xbox is god awful. The GPU is good enough to run games.

But in all honesty Minecraft is a block game but somehow runs like Cyberpunk77
This is scarily accurate.

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
Hive, Galaxite.
Still cube has less bedrock staff, = more time to patch bugs. They do plan on expanding the staff team. And also comparing it to other servers isnt that accurate when you consider that cc dosent have n.a servers. beileve it or not, higher ping makes the games more buggy. sure yea some bugs arent ping related but most of them are actually.
People on xbox shouldn’t have to buy an app then
Without 8pixels i get 50 fps lol. Its not just xbox, I have a pc literally with INTEL graphics card which is the worst for mc. the procceser is like 15 years old its so bad without astral client im getting 20fps lmao. its not just the people on xbox

• Sad

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
Also people that play on xbox and live in the west coast, like lulu for example dosent even complain. Your just really stubborn about it.

• Sad

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Still cube has less bedrock staff, = more time to patch bugs. They do plan on expanding the staff team. And also comparing it to other servers isnt that accurate when you consider that cc dosent have n.a servers. beileve it or not, higher ping makes the games more buggy. sure yea some bugs arent ping related but most of them are actually.

Without 8pixels i get 50 fps lol. Its not just xbox, I have a pc literally with INTEL graphics card which is the worst for mc. the procceser is like 15 years old its so bad without astral client im getting 20fps lmao. its not just the people on xbox
With a 256x pack it runs the same xP
Also people that play on xbox and live in the west coast, like lulu for example dosent even complain. Your just really stubborn about it.
Stubborn? The reason I BOUGHT windows10 was because of the frames. It was horrible back then
ignore the breathing on the start eeee

• Love

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
lol that fps is really bad. Not sure if cc can do anything about it, I may be wrong tho lol

ATouchscreenPlayer

Nov 29, 2020
It is bad, but it was never an issue until the new KB came out with the combo locking and lower pinging players look like reach.
Like 180 ping is also faster than the average humans reaction time which is around 250, so it’s not too big of a deal if you have a stable connection (no packet delays/loss, and a 3 bar connection to the router)
Your first sentence proved my point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
JokeKaedee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats 🎊💗
Top Bottom