Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Hello, I recently saw some screenshots of the future FFA map(s?), and I think it looks pretty good.

In this particular map, you can clearly see plenty of places to run up and around. Those bridges would be rather interesting to play with.
xaOwPzXEwOztECugtxCJN00kiABm8qa9IvTpzcBMIY1q8pWiz1gbwlY4T-L7U1kmImCMjEpfeFu_WN9C0T5ZYHhvGr409XPvBRheVH3QKsQCBuan6XJlfzZvpGTAdaA0WqF1FQXj
The next part is a bit long, so if you aren't a fan of reading chunks of text, here's the
tl;dr -
1. Neat places to hang out at, or to explore
2. Places where people kind of play KOTH at
3. Smaller water areas
4. Drop zone (without using the armor stands to spawn in)

To be honest, it'd be a bit clearer if you read the text, but you do you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Anywayyys, on to the main point of the thread. I dunno if y'all know this, but most players in FFA actually spend a good deal of their time just hanging out there. There will be the occasional fighting, but I'd say at least a 1/3 of them spend their time chatting in one spot. This is probably because just everyone in FFA teams. I wouldn't find it surprising to see nearly the entire lobby teamed. Where was I going again with this? Oh yea, having neat places to find and check out would be awesome! Take the Classic map for an example, you have plenty of places to explore and check out. Like the secret hideout under the lava, or the barrier blocked area (what's with those redstone contraptions anyways?), or the sewers!

Onto the next point, people in FFA for some reason like to designate certain areas as their "throne", kinda. They don't like to be pushed off, or have someone else in their spot. Similarly there's also areas where players constantly fight over. In Flatlands, you see this on the sniper tower, or the boulder directly under spawn. In Classic, it's the helicopter, or the center, or the volcano. In Savannah, it's Pride Rock, or under the waterfall, or the area near Waterhole. In Kingdom, it's the top of the tower, sometimes the lava area, or the area below the tower. I could mention a few more places in the Wings map, but you probably get my point. People like to fight over spots. The more neater the spot is, or the easier it is to access (by this I mean a spawning location that isn't too far. No one hangs out at the sniper tower simply because they want to, but for the kills, and they don't because of how easy it is to get there. Contradicting statement, I know, but you probably understand???), the more likely people will fight for those spots. (Whooo, ya know, this is just a suggestion about the maps, but I think I'm going somewhere with this.) This would encourage more PvP, because ... that's kind of the point of FFA.

Another thing, I have mixed feelings about water areas in FFA. It's a bit annoying to have yourself bowed constantly, since in some places (Savannah, that lake), it's pretty much impossible to get to an archer unless they really suck with a bow. And since you don't get a bow in every kit, and people don't like to buy bows when they die like 10 seconds later, these areas are rather annoying. However it also has it's benefits: you can escape rather easily by using the water areas. So small compromise, make these areas a bit smaller if possible? Like shown in the screenshot, I think that size should be fine.

Finally, spawning in by using the selection offered or simply by punching the stand is cool and all, but I think y'all should introduce something new. How about making the area around the spawn a drop off zone? Like make it so that you can directly jump down without punching an armor stand. Selecting kits and all? Shouldn't be too big of an issue, it can be fixed (wow, okay. I have some more FFA suggestions, but to avoid clustering this thread with a whole bunch of them, I'm gonna split it into two threads: FFA Maps, and FFA Gameplays.).

• - Scream (◕◡◕✿)

L

Lightning McQueen

Its a wind waker map!

@Efcluke94 hey once 1.13 is out can you change the biome for the water to warm ocean so that its a nice aqua colour? It’d really fit the tropical theme.

L

Lightning McQueen

Oh also Aquatic maps. Just give everyone depth strider 3 and dolphins grace and they’ll swim in water with no difficulty.

L

Lightning McQueen

I just read drop zones. Can we drop using elytra?

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I just read drop zones. Can we drop using elytra?

If they add drop zones to the current maps, then it'd a bit harder to access areas that are above the spawn. Unless they revamp it and whatnot. But I suppose dropping with elytra shouldn't be too much of an issue. After all, it is wings.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on 500 msgs!
Amazinq wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Hbd
Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
Top Bottom