Nightmare

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Dec 24, 2016
Germany, Bavaria
Hey everyone,

I recently got back into FFA and played for a while and went for a few killstreaks. As far as i know right now, the killstreaks by themselves have no use except challenging yourself or to flex ^^

Thats why i thought it would maybe be a good idea to actually reward people for playing good. My suggestion would be to give the player for every 5 kills he/she gets without dying a usable item on hotbar slot 9 that gets better for every 5 kills you get up to a limit

for example:
5 Kills: A throwable TNT like the one in Skywars
10 Kills: Gives you an enderpearl that allows you to perform a tactical retreat
15 Kills: An Item that summons 5 wolfs that fight for you
20 Kills: An item that on activation gives you absorption hearts for a few seconds so you can take some more hits for a short time period
25 Kills: An item that on activation knocks players in a radius of 10 blocks away from you and damages them slightly
30 Kills: Starting at 30 kills, you get a golden apple every 5 kills, that does not stack, meaning you only get a new one, if you consumed the previous one

These items are not supposed to be op, but to give you an tactial advantage and more strategic options to achieve your streaks.
if you reach a higher killstreak and havent used your current item, it gets overwritten by the new one to prevent item hoarding.

Please let me know what you think, i am very curious ^^

If you agree please vote :agree: so it can maybe get forwaded :D

cheers, Nightmare

Last edited:

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
CubeCraft, Blockwars Bridges
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree to some extent as I would like bonuses to kill streak but some of those things you mentioned don’t fit well or are too overpowered. 5 wolves is overpowered and so is TNT and could lead to the best players being even more untouchable, so I think minor buffs would be better overall

Reactions: Dualninja

Nightmare

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Dec 24, 2016
Germany, Bavaria
TNT does very small Damage in FFA i think, because everyone has high prot armor and can resist blast damage pretty well. Wolves are 1 hit i think with every sword currently in the game and you can only get them once per streak :D

Reactions: Silco

Nightmare

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Dec 24, 2016
Germany, Bavaria
@FoxFil how about you get launched high up in the air and get an elytra until you land somewhere, where it gets changed back to chestplate?

• Disagree
Reactions: FoxFil_ and Silco

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
TNT does very small Damage in FFA i think, because everyone has high prot armor and can resist blast damage pretty well. Wolves are 1 hit i think with every sword currently in the game and you can only get them once per streak :D
TNT could destroy map if it’s not checked, wolves together are pretty strong. And TNT won’t do much to players if it’s too weak

Nightmare

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Dec 24, 2016
Germany, Bavaria
why do you think its complicated? :D you would just rise straight up in the air and fly down until you hit solid ground ^^
Not sure if a leap will give you enough escape abilities

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
why do you think its complicated? :D you would just rise straight up in the air and fly down until you hit solid ground ^^
First you’d have to rise up, that would require smth to do that, then change your item to an elytra then after time switch back to armour, it’s quite a complicated procedure and a leap feather is just a single item and much faster

Reactions: Nightmare

Nightmare

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Dec 24, 2016
Germany, Bavaria
You wouldnt have to do anything by yourself ^^ if you use the item you rise up without having to press anything, your armor gets changed to an elytra and back through the plugin automatically, you can do a lot with programming. if you had to do all of that by user input, i would fully agree with you, thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: Silco

EntityRqised

May 29, 2019
United Kingdom
Pronouns
She/Her
I do agree that kill streaks should be rewarded in a way. However, maybe effects like strength for a period of time could be a better reward. The effect would disappear when you lose the streak and/or when it passes a certian time period (idk if thats possible..) This can give a tactical advantage but not too overpowered

Nightmare

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Dec 24, 2016
Germany, Bavaria
What i have given was just an example :) There could be sooo much done with this system. If you agree with the spirit of my original post, an agree would be highly appreciated because suggestions only get considered if they reach 25 agrees ^^

Goldy

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/She/They
As a lot of people here seem to feel, I too do like the idea of rewards for gaining killstreaks.
However the rewards you suggested don't fit into FFA at all, majority of FFA players would not appreciate them being added, and there would be a lot of balancing problems with it as well.

Temporary potion effects such as Resistance, or Strength as suggested by @EntityRqised do seem like a possible alternative to me though! :)

Nightmare

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Dec 24, 2016
Germany, Bavaria
please keep in mind that likes dont count towards meeting the 25 agree forwarding barrier ^^

Evaluatiefout

Jan 6, 2021
The Netherlands
I think every 5 kills is too soon tbh. And for java u do get rewards btw, like exp and points. I do not really see this working tbh but thats how i see it. Maybe it does on bedrock, but 4sure not on java

• Heart
Reactions: Nightmare

Nightmare

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Dec 24, 2016
Germany, Bavaria
is there a specific resaon why you think it would not work on java? because i dont see it as a problem getting killstreaks on top of the usual rewards. Please keep in mind that i have only given an example, mumbers and content could be adjusted as wanted by the devs 😊 But It has to be a small bonus and not something that makes you overpowered, that's very important. The goal is not to make good players unbeatable, i just would love to see tactical choices being expanded ^^

Evaluatiefout

Jan 6, 2021
The Netherlands
is there a specific resaon why you think it would not work on java? because i dont see it as a problem getting killstreaks on top of the usual rewards. Please keep in mind that i have only given an example, mumbers and content could be adjusted as wanted by the devs 😊 But It has to be a small bonus and not something that makes you overpowered, that's very important. The goal is not to make good players unbeatable, i just would love to see tactical choices being expanded ^^
ppl on java dont care about kills streaks, at least the ones i know. They care who they kill and just look up whos the weakest and focus them if they dont know them, the java community is really different from bedrock on ffa. And i hope i can say that w 35 days playtime😭

Nightmare

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Dec 24, 2016
Germany, Bavaria
ppl on java dont care about kills streaks, at least the ones i know. They care who they kill and just look up whos the weakest and focus them if they dont know them, the java community is really different from bedrock on ffa. And i hope i can say that w 35 days playtime😭
okay 😂 well i dont play on java so i can`t give an opinion about that, thanks for sharing your opinion with us!

Siza

Nov 11, 2018
I am speaking about Java right now, I don't play Bedrock.

As much as I like the idea of getting rewarded for killstreaks, I think this will make shopping way too attractive and overpowered. Shoppers will use this feature to their advantage and I feel like this would be unfair for the players that don't want to spend their points on the shop, or don't even have the points to spend.

Also, since the most recent update, you now see a message in chat every 10 kills you get in 1 life. Meaning at a 10, 20, 30, etc. killstreak.
I feel like this is rewarding enough, not to mention there are also achievements out there with great rewards when one achieves a certain killstreak.
I would agree if new achievements are added, not affecting any other players than yourself. Suppose 'get a ... killstreak with the ... kit'. The current achievement for this is 15 kills, but I think there could also be an achievements for higher killstreaks with a certain kit.

So for Java I would not like to see this being implemented. Shopping is already very strong and thats not necessarily a bad thing, though I don't think it should get any more overpowered than it already is.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom