Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America
Hello there!

Yes, the title of this thread is pretty straight forward.
This service would take place in the Discord server.
The Discord server is used by a lot of people, people who play daily, but also by people who only like to play arcade games, and don't log on often. This of for both people, as I myself often not realise to check the Featured Game, find out it(s my favorite one, and notice there's only 1 day left.
Therefore, I'd like an announcement channel for ONLY Featured games.

How would this work?
There would come a new channel, called "featured-games", or something like this.
In there, no one has permission to talk, besides admins.
Basically, the same perms as in #rules-and-faq.
In this channel, a message should appear when a new featured game is featured.

Where would this chat be located?
I'd say in the General category, but because this channel doesn't give us permission to talk, it wouldn't fit in this category.
It's not really "important", and something a new member should read, but I guess this is the most fitting place.

Who would announce these games?
I was thinking about the staff team at first, but because they are pretty busy doing other stuff, I thought of a bot.
However, staff can still be a way to perform this action(because there's actually a lot of staff-members, and they're trustworthy), a bot could be faster and better looking.

What message should be shown?
I was thinking of something like this.

The new Featured Game is Name of the game, and will last for Time in D:H:M.

(Sometimes Featured Games get chosen and last longer)

How hard would this be to implement?
Depends, if staff is willing to take this extra task, it would not be hard at all, just creating a new chat channel and any staff who would send a message. Not so hard.
Creating a bot that automatically announces the Featured Game could be harder.

What would this contribute to the Discord?
It would make people get notified, and there's a chance of more people playing the Featured Games, since they instantly get notified when their favorite game is Featured.

Small Sidenote; this service is already in a Discord Server that's called "Arcade CubeCraft", but I'm no longer in this and I did like these notifications.
I'd like this service to be used by a lot more people, and give every CCG discord user acces to this service.

In Brief: Discord announcement in a specific channel about WHAT Featured Game, and HOW LONG it will last.
Thanks for reading.

CatsLoveRainbows

Dedicated Member
May 28, 2017
California
Yo, this suggestion is legendary.

I though about doing this somewhere on the Forums, but I didn't know if it would work well, but putting it on Discord is a great idea.

You get to know what the featured game is, but you can also talk about it and invite friends to play it on discord.

Awesome suggestion! :D

Reactions: Josher and Rawrbin

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America
Yo, this suggestion is legendary.

I though about doing this somewhere on the Forums, but I didn't know if it would work well, but putting it on Discord is a great idea.

You get to know what the featured game is, but you can also talk about it and invite friends to play it on discord.

Awesome suggestion! :D
Exactly!
I had some more things to write about it, like what you mentioned, but I forget about them as soon as I started writing the other things… oops

Reactions: CatsLoveRainbows

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
Small Sidenote; this service is already in a Discord Server that's called "Arcade CubeCraft", but I'm no longer in this and I did like these notifications.
I just started typing that and then I saw this, they could use that bot/the codes of that bot instead of making a new one.

Also, will @EveryOne be tagged?

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America
I just started typing that and then I saw this, they could use that bot/the codes of that bot instead of making a new one.

Also, will @EveryOne be tagged?
I don't think tagging everyone every 2 days for the Featured Games is a good thing.
People can change their notification settings for this specific channel, and stiill get notified as an "@EveryOne", but it simply being just a message.
Also, the bot they used isn't automatically as far as I remember, they have someone perform a "!say *text* command, which then announces the message. :)

Reactions: Finixly
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!!🍰🥳
This is YOUR daily doe of facts #57-
The shortest war in recorded history took place between Britain and the Sultanate of Zanzibar on August 27, 1896. It lasted just 38 minutes.
insane forceshadowing.PNG

Proof I can predict the future~
i thought 1.21 was the trails and tales update wtf i'm so out of the loop
GiGaGekkies wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday
Reesle wrote on Fodjdkd999's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! If you need help with something, feel free to DM me or a staff member! :D
Top Bottom