Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I always call people a kid, not to belittle them, but because we're all children on the inside. Think of it this way: If they're using your assumed age to belittle you, then they're not very mature themselves. Ageism says a lot more about them than it does about you, so I really wouldn't worry about it.
"go killyourself kid!"
Is 'kid' really the most offensive part about that statement?

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Foxy011

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom
the amount of players that call other players "kids" when that player might be older than them is dumb. There is no need for calling a boy/girl a "kid". It can be offensive to some people, and I feel like it should be censored because its used in harmful ways such as "wow kid you're so bad!" Or "go killyourself kid!" So I think it should be censored out.
I don't agree with this. People can say the exact same things you have just said but replace the word 'kid' with something else. For example, saying "Go killyourself" to someone without using the word 'kid' is going to be just as hurtful. Just my opinion. :P

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
"go killyourself kid!"
Yeah yeah
Saying "kid" is so rude
Yeah let's make that sentence not possible to say due to the chat filter
Yeah Because "go kill yourself you mid-teen" is much much better
Kid isn't the word to worry about there
Why care if someone says kid, take it as a compliment, go back to your youth and live free

This is like saying add Orange to the chat filter because this 1 time a random friend of mine said the f word in the same sentence as Orange

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
I always call people a kid, not to belittle them, but because we're all children on the inside. Think of it this way: If they're using your assumed age to belittle you, then they're not very mature themselves. Ageism says a lot more about them than it does about you, so I really wouldn't worry about it.

Is 'kid' really the most offensive part about that statement?
This is a kid friendly server, thats why it matters

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
This is also a server where people like to be able to talk properly in chat, that's why it matters that not every common word gets blacklisted because some thin-skinned snowflake got offended by someone calling that person "kid".

Please, just stop making such a big deal out of it.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
+jerry+_a46205b04d424ca3a26272adf5990094.jpg

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Keep chat appropriate or else you will Be muted

What you said kid and that I say supposed to be against the rules

Now you are just standing on the small poll of your logic
It is a kid friendly server so you can't say kid

Last time I checked referring to a group you are in isn't chat friendly

AmyFove_714

Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom
kid in my opinion isn't offensive. Yes its a kid friendly server, but telling someone to 'kill themselves' vs calling them a 'kid' is a massive difference lmao. I'd much rather have someone call me a kid xD

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
So, now we're going to get rid of the word 'kid.' Perfect. Maybe we SHOULD just mute everyone on the server. Kid is not offensive. If you get offended by something so little as that, maybe just... Oh, I don't know... leave the server? It's as simple as clicking Esc and clicking Log Out. Like, takes three seconds. But, adding stuff to 'kid,' per say like; k*s, curse words, etc, you can report them. Screenshot, report, bam. Not for saying the word kid. It's taking out an every day word that isn't offensive and stating you can't say this word.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
Yes, its used way to much as a harmful word so it should be censored. Not to be rude but people who dont agree with this i kinda sed as using the work "kid" a lot.
Am I supposed to take a kid who can't spell "said" right seriously?

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
What's wrong with saying kid against someone? Nothing .
I thought this server was kid friendly though? Saying "kid" to almost everyone wouldnt make it kid friendly because no one likes being called kid. Its rude and not needed. You can just say dude.

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
1. Im not a kid, thats what this forum is about, you called me a kid for a dumb reason
2. Its a type-o, everyone does it. Thought people knew that was something humans do
You just did it again. Pfft.
I thought this server was kid friendly though? Saying "kid" to almost everyone wouldnt make it kid friendly because no one likes being called kid. Its rude and not needed. You can just say dude.
or "babe" if they are female

Jackelele

Apr 14, 2017
United Kingdom
jackelele.co.uk
Hi,

I'm going to lock this thread before it gets out of hand and drama is caused. I highly doubt this word 'kid' would be filtered, because it's not offensive. If you are offended feel free to pm me about this. I'm still going to lock this due to the negative feedback and to stop any arguments/drama being caused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on wischmoppl's profile.
happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on piggypiggyyoinkyoink's profile.
happy birthday!
Changed my name to _EliteSexy, so thats me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on piggypiggyyoinkyoink's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🐷
endertom100 wrote on piggypiggyyoinkyoink's profile.
Happy birthdayyyy!!! ^-^
Top Bottom