Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

11Ls

Sep 5, 2016
I've been reporting a lot of rule-breakers (Mostly fly-hackers on eggwars, hate those guys). I'm just wondering if there's any way to get something back from helping the server be safer. If we have a successful report, it would be cool if we got some points added. I know most of my friends hate reporting rule-breakers because it's a "waste of time" and "you can always just leave or join a different game." It also takes me a lot of time to report players, as I do it with high quality 60fps videos (They're usually around a gigabyte each). It would make me so much happier if I even just got a cubelet from a successful report. I'm sure it would also make hackers change their mind.

Whenever someone decides not to report a rule-breaker, I just reenact that scene from Breaking Bad where Jesse says "He can't keep getting away with it!" (If you've never seen that scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEKB7pi1mbc)

Thank you!

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Has been suggested before. More people will attempt to exploit that system (as they already do by AFKing in games for free rewards) by reporting as many players as possible. What if someone rages and wants a player banned? It's easy to falsify chat evidence, which means the falsely accused gets muted unfairly.

Reactions: Aventador

ISTY.

Forum Expert
Dec 26, 2016
London
www.nasa.gov
This:
b5252344fc544712adc9cc73fb09d9bc.png

is the reward.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Man, you've reported a lot. I can tell a lot of people like getting banned. Maybe the present should be a ban because those are good things to have.
I forget who it was but someone once posted a photo of the the report section and it said "thanks to you 430 something players have been punished"

11Ls

Sep 5, 2016
Has been suggested before. More people will attempt to exploit that system (as they already do by AFKing in games for free rewards) by reporting as many players as possible. What if someone rages and wants a player banned? It's easy to falsify chat evidence, which means the falsely accused gets muted unfairly.
Then make it only successful hacking reports? I guess?

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Then make it only successful hacking reports? I guess?
People have been falsely banned before. Though only a small portion have been, it's still going to make more players look bad when they shouldn't be. I made several threads highlighting those problems. Other people have reported that issue before where people can falsify evidence, so no good in encouraging (fake) reports.

Doesn't matter if it's successful or not. It doesn't fix that players have the choice to make reports and the prize is not worth the return after spending hours losing to hackers.

The Crowbar

Jul 1, 2016
Proxima Centauri, Milky Way
I've been reporting a lot of rule-breakers (Mostly fly-hackers on eggwars, hate those guys). I'm just wondering if there's any way to get something back from helping the server be safer. If we have a successful report, it would be cool if we got some points added. I know most of my friends hate reporting rule-breakers because it's a "waste of time" and "you can always just leave or join a different game." It also takes me a lot of time to report players, as I do it with high quality 60fps videos (They're usually around a gigabyte each). It would make me so much happier if I even just got a cubelet from a successful report. I'm sure it would also make hackers change their mind.

Whenever someone decides not to report a rule-breaker, I just reenact that scene from Breaking Bad where Jesse says "He can't keep getting away with it!" (If you've never seen that scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEKB7pi1mbc)

Thank you!

This is actually a great idea! This is will motivate people to report hackers ad make playing more fun for everyone else.
This is also actually a good point. So, either you should get points only for reports with video proof, or, maybe you just won't get a reward for reporting offences that are punishable with a mute.

Reactions: 11Ls

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
They keep creating and stealing alts. Maybe the dumb ones (who hack on the main) will get affected the most, but for those who use alt dispensers the ban is merely a temporary setback.[/QUO
no matter where you go or what you do there will always be hackers or rule breakers

L

Lepzi

Hmm this could be a good idea maybe a way to motivate people to report low chance but we could do something like this.

Reactions: 11Ls

TheLucian

Forum Expert
Dec 29, 2015
:D
First this has already been suggested as said above. Second people report not for the fame not for the "points" as suggested. I'm sure a lot of people would like this but to be honest it just isn't the right thing to do. Also a lot of people have a ton of reports so they would be rich$$

D

Deleted member 169486

One point for every 259 reports and I'm in. No more no less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
we want cubecraft 2023 :(
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Top Bottom