Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Now, I've made this thread before but because it is now more relevant I'm going to post it again:
Old thread (I would still advice you to read this):
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/experimental-eggwars-versions-in-the-beta-lobby.205953/
(can get an implemented tag?)

-Faster generators; Generators generate items 2x as fast
-Ender madness; Enderpearls now cost 10 diamonds
-No projectiles; self explanatory.
-Explosive eggwars: The price of tnt is changed to 1 gold for 2 tnt, an explosive bow is added for 12 diamonds, an explosive II bow is added for 25 diamonds, and an explosive IV bow is added for 64 diamonds.
-Infected eggwars; Eliminating a player will turn them into your teammate.
-Infected eggs: Destroying an egg changes the egg into your egg, meaning you can have multiple eggs.
-Eggy Alliances; Your team is allied with another team. You and the other team can win together and can't kill each other or break each other's eggs. Names of allies will be displayed in bold, just like your own teammates are already displayed in bold. Original idea from @FartiliciousManChild
-Bigger teams: The amount of teams is halved, because your team will merge with another random team to become one new team. This means all teams have 2 eggs.
-Anti-Eggwars; Eggwars without eggs. You've got one life, make the most out of it.
-Industrial revolution: All generators start at their max level.
-Iron Everywhere: All generators now produce iron only. gold generators produce 2 iron instead of 1 gold, and diamond generators produce 4 iron instead of 1 gold. Every item in the shop now costs iron.
-Fly through the sky: Elytra are added for 10 diamonds, levitation potions are added for 10 gold, and jump boost potions are added for 10 iron.
-Polarization: There are only 2 teams. Say the original map had 8 teams originally. That means 4 teams would merge and the other 4 teams would merge, forming 2 megateams.
-Overpopulation: The amount of players is doubled. So Mansion with 20 players per team, toys with 4 players per team, etc.
E: -Capture the egg by @Orca https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/new-eggwars-mode-capture-the-egg.209567/

To make it even more interesting, two or 3 altered modes could go together at random, so you could have games with "Iron Everywhere", and "Infected eggs", both at the same time.

Last edited:

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I feel like those converted players would end up getting in your way and even potentially intentionally screw you over.

-Infected eggs: Destroying an egg changes the egg into your egg, meaning you can have multiple eggs.
This one would probably end up in two teams constantly breaking each others eggs. I imagine them just cycling between islands breaking eggs and getting in a stalemate.
A potential workaround could be to have the eggs only converted once, and the second "break" breaks it for good.

-Polarization: There are only 2 teams. Say the original map had 8 teams originally. That means 4 teams would merge and the other 4 teams would merge, forming 2 megateams.
I'm not a huge fan of 2 team maps since win farming is ridiculously easy on those. I've been thinking of making a thread to revamp rome and mansion to support 4 teams of 10 to counter this too. For now, I'd hold off on something like this unless a good fix pops up.

You should make a suggestion about that embryo idea from a while back. That would make a really good twist while keeping core gameplay the same.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I feel like those converted players would end up getting in your way and even potentially intentionally screw you over.
Doesn't happen in Infected
A potential workaround could be to have the eggs only converted once, and the second "break" breaks it for good.
Seems like an improvement
I'm not a huge fan of 2 team maps since win farming is ridiculously easy on those.
Diverted islands and bigger teams would counteract this problem quite significantly though, especially if every island has an egg on it.
You should make a suggestion about that embryo idea from a while back. That would make a really good twist while keeping core gameplay the same.
Not me, @Qin Shihuangdi

Reactions: Gainfullterror

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Doesn't happen in Infected
That might be because they can’t be converted back to their original team in infected, but in this mode they could be. This also could encourage people to give up and just let one team kill everyone so they are all on the same team.

Some of these do sound neat, my only worry (which is why I didn’t really support experimental <blank> in the first place) is how long these modes stay active. But since it’s already been added, might as well see how it turns out.

You mentioned a random thing where two modes sort of combine for each game. What if it was voteable where you can select a few modes to go together at the start of the game. May need to have some changes to support them working together, or have limitations like double teams can’t go with half teams

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
What if it was voteable where you can select a few modes to go together at the start of the game. May need to have some changes to support them working together, or have limitations like double teams can’t go with half teams
Of course
Can deny, it actually does happen now and then
Now and then everything happens
Because you've played Infection so much to know?
Yes. in almost all games in Infected, this does not happen.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Ehm, no?
You don't know how many games I played and it's stupid of you to just assume I only played like 10.
I mean, looking at some of your messages in which you say how much you hate the game, I'm not going to assume you played hundreds of games?

About the actual suggestion: I LOVE THE IDEAS

Vqzi

Aug 24, 2017
Now, I've made this thread before but because it is now more relevant I'm going to post it again:
Old thread (I would still advice you to read this):
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/experimental-eggwars-versions-in-the-beta-lobby.205953/
(can get an implemented tag?)

-Faster generators; Generators generate items 2x as fast
-Ender madness; Enderpearls now cost 10 diamonds
-No projectiles; self explanatory.
-Explosive eggwars: The price of tnt is changed to 1 gold for 2 tnt, an explosive bow is added for 12 diamonds, an explosive II bow is added for 25 diamonds, and an explosive IV bow is added for 64 diamonds.
-Eggy Alliances; Your team is allied with another team. You and the other team can win together and can't kill each other or break each other's eggs. Names of allies will be displayed in bold, just like your own teammates are already displayed in bold. Original idea from @FartiliciousManChild
-Bigger teams: The amount of teams is halved, because your team will merge with another random team to become one new team. This means all teams have 2 eggs.
-Anti-Eggwars; Eggwars without eggs. You've got one life, make the most out of it.
-Industrial revolution: All generators start at their max level.
-Iron Everywhere: All generators now produce iron only. gold generators produce 2 iron instead of 1 gold, and diamond generators produce 4 iron instead of 1 gold. Every item in the shop now costs iron.
-Fly through the sky: Elytra are added for 10 diamonds, levitation potions are added for 10 gold, and jump boost potions are added for 10 iron.
-Overpopulation: The amount of players is doubled. So Mansion with 20 players per team, toys with 4 players per team, etc.

To make it even more interesting, two or 3 altered modes could go together at random, so you could have games with "Iron Everywhere", and "Infected eggs", both at the same time.
I think that is a cool and nice update for later.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
Nice ideas, many of these would be good voting options.
Anti-eggwars is basically skywars with generators and villager shops.

Reactions: CommunistCactus
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom