Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
hi!! so recently i have been warned for adding 7 gifs of very small size(the other six were killed 😢😢)
2826183D-D5F9-4B89-9F7E-07F60ECD103B.jpeg

50F5064A-0F56-45F6-A8E3-A1A6E9F9CF39.jpeg

my main point for this suggestion:
- exception criteria 1: if it does not visually clutter the channel like my rainbow gif then it is allowed until it clutters the channel, of course the quantity changes for size

- potential argument against criteria 1: the “clutter” may depend on the appearance of your discord therefore it can be hard to report

- in defence of criteria 1: if it clutters one person it causes problems for that one person even though it may not for people with a larger screen, which does not matter here as the spam affects the smaller screens and in my opinion every device should have a somewhat equalised experience so it may be unnecessary to report to staff help for a large screen but you never know if the person reporting to staff help has a small screen/screen affected by the spam

this is a rather hot take but let me know what you guys think in the replies 😭😭 its okay you can be honest about it

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
Totally understand where you're coming from, I do like to avoid punishing people unnecessarily. I would like to point out though that from a moderator perspective this would just be impossible to enforce. What constitutes "clutter"? It's entirely subjective, personally I feel that 7 rainbow gifs does indeed clutter a channel. There isn't an objective way to do that outside of like, pixel measurements. It would just cause drama with punishments, and honestly the spamming rule being at 5 messages is already quite lenient as is.

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
Totally understand where you're coming from, I do like to avoid punishing people unnecessarily. I would like to point out though that from a moderator perspective this would just be impossible to enforce. What constitutes "clutter"? It's entirely subjective, personally I feel that 7 rainbow gifs does indeed clutter a channel. There isn't an objective way to do that outside of like, pixel measurements. It would just cause drama with punishments, and honestly the spamming rule being at 5 messages is already quite lenient as is.
fair point it is quite hard to moderate and it would be drama-causing as its “unfair”

clutter is a very blurry term but the clutter i personally mean is when it fills up more than or equal to your whole screen

La J

Novice Member
Mar 21, 2021
Italiaaa
hi!! so recently i have been warned for adding 7 gifs of very small size(the other six were killed 😢😢)View attachment 212070
View attachment 212071
my main point for this suggestion:
- exception criteria 1: if it does not visually clutter the channel like my rainbow gif then it is allowed until it clutters the channel, of course the quantity changes for size

- potential argument against criteria 1: the “clutter” may depend on the appearance of your discord therefore it can be hard to report

- in defence of criteria 1: if it clutters one person it causes problems for that one person even though it may not for people with a larger screen, which does not matter here as the spam affects the smaller screens and in my opinion every device should have a somewhat equalised experience so it may be unnecessary to report to staff help for a large screen but you never know if the person reporting to staff help has a small screen/screen affected by the spam

this is a rather hot take but let me know what you guys think in the replies 😭😭 its okay you can be honest about it
i don’t think this is important in any way just send the gif one time there is no need to send it more than 5-6 times even if it’s small 😂

Reactions: solarxysm

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
i don’t think this is important in any way just send the gif one time there is no need to send it more than 5-6 times even if it’s small 😂
thats true idk who would send 7 gifs anyway i think im just biased lol

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
Top Bottom