Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
hi!! so recently i have been warned for adding 7 gifs of very small size(the other six were killed 😢😢)
2826183D-D5F9-4B89-9F7E-07F60ECD103B.jpeg

50F5064A-0F56-45F6-A8E3-A1A6E9F9CF39.jpeg

my main point for this suggestion:
- exception criteria 1: if it does not visually clutter the channel like my rainbow gif then it is allowed until it clutters the channel, of course the quantity changes for size

- potential argument against criteria 1: the “clutter” may depend on the appearance of your discord therefore it can be hard to report

- in defence of criteria 1: if it clutters one person it causes problems for that one person even though it may not for people with a larger screen, which does not matter here as the spam affects the smaller screens and in my opinion every device should have a somewhat equalised experience so it may be unnecessary to report to staff help for a large screen but you never know if the person reporting to staff help has a small screen/screen affected by the spam

this is a rather hot take but let me know what you guys think in the replies 😭😭 its okay you can be honest about it

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
Totally understand where you're coming from, I do like to avoid punishing people unnecessarily. I would like to point out though that from a moderator perspective this would just be impossible to enforce. What constitutes "clutter"? It's entirely subjective, personally I feel that 7 rainbow gifs does indeed clutter a channel. There isn't an objective way to do that outside of like, pixel measurements. It would just cause drama with punishments, and honestly the spamming rule being at 5 messages is already quite lenient as is.

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
Totally understand where you're coming from, I do like to avoid punishing people unnecessarily. I would like to point out though that from a moderator perspective this would just be impossible to enforce. What constitutes "clutter"? It's entirely subjective, personally I feel that 7 rainbow gifs does indeed clutter a channel. There isn't an objective way to do that outside of like, pixel measurements. It would just cause drama with punishments, and honestly the spamming rule being at 5 messages is already quite lenient as is.
fair point it is quite hard to moderate and it would be drama-causing as its “unfair”

clutter is a very blurry term but the clutter i personally mean is when it fills up more than or equal to your whole screen

La J

Novice Member
Mar 21, 2021
Italiaaa
hi!! so recently i have been warned for adding 7 gifs of very small size(the other six were killed 😢😢)View attachment 212070
View attachment 212071
my main point for this suggestion:
- exception criteria 1: if it does not visually clutter the channel like my rainbow gif then it is allowed until it clutters the channel, of course the quantity changes for size

- potential argument against criteria 1: the “clutter” may depend on the appearance of your discord therefore it can be hard to report

- in defence of criteria 1: if it clutters one person it causes problems for that one person even though it may not for people with a larger screen, which does not matter here as the spam affects the smaller screens and in my opinion every device should have a somewhat equalised experience so it may be unnecessary to report to staff help for a large screen but you never know if the person reporting to staff help has a small screen/screen affected by the spam

this is a rather hot take but let me know what you guys think in the replies 😭😭 its okay you can be honest about it
i don’t think this is important in any way just send the gif one time there is no need to send it more than 5-6 times even if it’s small 😂

Reactions: solarxysm

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
i don’t think this is important in any way just send the gif one time there is no need to send it more than 5-6 times even if it’s small 😂
thats true idk who would send 7 gifs anyway i think im just biased lol

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom