Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
Hello CubeCrafters!
A while ago _ThatClan made a suggestion about adding Ender Chests in EggWars:

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/ender-chests-in-eggwars.208216/
It wasn't liked by the community but I think it deserves to be added, and I will try to convince you.

Ender chests are a type of chest that can store item, and whose contents can be accessed from anywhere in the world.
Firstly, you can use them to "teleport" stuff from one place to another, which is a great strategy.
Secondly, opponents can't steal from it. Yes, they can break it but they can break the normal chest too, so why not? A better variant of the chest we already have.
Thirdly, you can also use it for an egg protection. Yes, you can break eggs through chests but it could help.

Price?
Well, I am suggesting two variants.
The first one is to add the Ender Chest as a special item on maps with emeralds, and make it cost like 2 emeralds.
The second one is to add it on every map, and make it cost 2-5 diamonds.

Thank you for the attention and feel free to share your opinion!

Edit: I personally like the 1st variant more.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 150344

Hello CubeCrafters!
A while ago _ThatClan made a suggestion about adding Ender Chests in EggWars:

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/ender-chests-in-eggwars.208216/
It wasn't liked by the community but I think it deserves to be added, and I will try to convince you.

Ender chests are a type of chest that can store item, and whose contents can be accessed from anywhere in the world.
Firstly, you can use them to "teleport" stuff from one place to another, which is a great strategy.
Secondly, opponents can't steal from it. Yes, they can break it but they can break the normal chest too, so why not? A better variant of the chest we already have.
Thirdly, you can also use it for an egg protection. Yes, you can break eggs through chests but it could help.

Price?
The first one is to add the Ender Chest as a special item on maps with emeralds, and make it cost like 2 emeralds.

Thank you for the attention and feel free to share your opinion!
It can be like 15-20 diamonds. I think that sounds better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
How long should it take to break it? If it will take some time then it shouldn't cost 2-5 diamonds. It can be like 15-20 diamonds. I think that sounds better.
It depends on the pickaxe you use. Like if you break it with hand, it's obvious it will take longer.
40 diamonds for 2 ender chests? Please no.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eliz_DK

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016

Price?

If you want to "teleport" stuff around the map, you'd need multiple enderchests, meaning a large amount of diamonds/emeralds, and you'd have to place them around the map and hope other people don't find them and break them, which is a big ask, hardly a practical use.

Now let's talk about the "nobody can access them" part. You could in theory run around mid with prot 4 leather, a notch apple, gapples and an enderchest and just collect gold and diamonds against a team of full irons until you run out of sets of armour/gapples, then when you're about to die you just place the enderchest and bank your gold/diamonds. That's kinda stupid how you could gain stacks of diamonds whilst preventing a team of full irons gaining diamonds with disposable gear barring the 2 emerald/2-5 diamond enderchest and maybe a notch apple (if its half health). Team games would end up being whole teams camping on the island with 1 representative running around mid collecting resources to then bank in their echests (very bad for the game).

As for egg protection, nobody would use it for that if it costs more than obsidian. You can break blocks behind the enderchest because its hitbox is smaller than a normal block, and enderchests take a diamond pickaxe 4.25 seconds to mine, whereas obsidian (cheaper) takes a diamond pickaxe 9.4 seconds to mine.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

MysticElephant

Aug 26, 2016
I think the ender chest should be an item that spawns in with every map so every island has an ender chest if its going to be implemented.

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
If you want to "teleport" stuff around the map, you'd need multiple enderchests, meaning a large amount of diamonds/emeralds, and you'd have to place them around the map and hope other people don't find them and break them, which is a big ask, hardly a practical use.

Now let's talk about the "nobody can access them" part. You could in theory run around mid with prot 4 leather, a notch apple, gapples and an enderchest and just collect gold and diamonds against a team of full irons until you run out of sets of armour/gapples, then when you're about to die you just place the enderchest and bank your gold/diamonds. That's kinda stupid how you could gain stacks of diamonds whilst preventing a team of full irons gaining diamonds with disposable gear barring the 2 emerald/2-5 diamond enderchest and maybe a notch apple (if its half health). Team games would end up being whole teams camping on the island with 1 representative running around mid collecting resources to then bank in their echests (very bad for the game).

As for egg protection, nobody would use it for that if it costs more than obsidian. You can break blocks behind the enderchest because its hitbox is smaller than a normal block, and enderchests take a diamond pickaxe 4.25 seconds to mine, whereas obsidian (cheaper) takes a diamond pickaxe 9.4 seconds to mine.
In my opinion, none of the things you said make the idea bad.
Most often, you need 2 ender chests to "teleport" stuff around the map. That is like 4 emeralds or 4-10 diamonds and I don't think it's a problem.

About the "nobody can acces them part". It's not stupid to put your stuff in the ender chest before you die. The result will be the same as when you survive and get stacks of diamonds.
Sending a teammate to mid for "filling the bank" is almost the same as when you send them and they survive, bringing stuff on your island. No one says the games need to be "camped" all the time, it depends on the players. You can't stop the camping and with ender chests or not, it will remain.

I already said you can break eggs through chests, and I also don't think there will be many players using it for this. But as some of them use normal chests for protection, I thought there will be players using ender chests for the same.

Last edited:

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
About the "nobody can acces them part". It's not stupid to put your stuff in the ender chest before you die. It's almost the same as when you survive and get stacks of diamonds.
No... its the complete opposite of when you survive and get stacks of diamonds. You die and get stacks of diamonds.

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
No... its the complete opposite of when you survive and get stacks of diamonds. You die and get stacks of diamonds.
I meant it's the same because if ender chests don't exist and you go to mid, and get stacks of diamonds, you will still have them if you survive and go on your island, and you will still make yourself the same lvl OP. That's how camping still stays.
I have seen the thing with ender chests in eggwars on another minecraft (no premium) server, and everything worked fine and it was fun. I played there very long (1 year and a half ago) and I had no problems.

Last edited:

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
I meant it's the same because if ender chests don't exist and you go to mid, and get stacks of diamonds, you will still have them if you survive and go on your island, and you will still make yourself the same lvl OP. That's how camping still stays.
I have seen the thing with ender chests in eggwars on another minecraft (no premium) server, and everything worked fine and it was fun. I played there very much (1 year and a half ago) and I had no problems.

"IF you survive and go back to your island" exactly. If you don't die and manage to get back to your base and spend the stacks of diamonds, then you deserve it, there is a skill in being able to survive and escape mid.
If enderchests were added you can just bank your diamonds if you think you're going to die. If you die there should be a consequence, but in this case you've lost nothing (apart from the enderchest that you placed), which is just wrong.

Just because it worked on a cracked server over a year ago doesn't mean it will work here because:
The server probably didn't have the same mechanics, items and maps
The player count was probably a lot lower, meaning there weren't as many (if any) players who would think outside the box and abuse the enderchests
If the player count was smaller, most players probably new each other so they didn't want to seem like d*cks by abusing the enderchests

schot

Dec 12, 2017
I actually like the idea. But maybe you should make the enderchest storage space limited. Like 1 row of items so it won't be too op. (A normal Enderchest has 3 rows)

Reactions: Crystalcreeper04

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
"IF you survive and go back to your island" exactly. If you don't die and manage to get back to your base and spend the stacks of diamonds, then you deserve it, there is a skill in being able to survive and escape mid.
If enderchests were added you can just bank your diamonds if you think you're going to die. If you die there should be a consequence, but in this case you've lost nothing (apart from the enderchest that you placed), which is just wrong.

Just because it worked on a cracked server over a year ago doesn't mean it will work here because:
The server probably didn't have the same mechanics, items and maps
The player count was probably a lot lower, meaning there weren't as many (if any) players who would think outside the box and abuse the enderchests
If the player count was smaller, most players probably new each other so they didn't want to seem like d*cks by abusing the enderchests
I respect your opinion as I see you don't like the way of teleporting stuff from middle to your island, and that's okey. But people first need to get emeralds from middle (If we use the first variant which I like more), go back and then they can get 2 ender chests with emeralds (If the player survived this long which is a real skill if you ask me) They can use these 2 Ender Chests 1 time because someone will probably break the chest at middle. Getting emeralds isn't easy.

The cracked server (1 year and a half ago) was good enough to say that ender chests are useful and interesting for the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eliz_DK

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
This isnt the best idea because if we can buy enderchests, there’s no concequence of dying at mid because we could just put all our items into the chest and take them out if an enderchest when we respawn.

I suggest all maps have one ender chest at spawn. For carrying bulk items like food/blocks for your team I suggest shulker boxes.
Shulker boxes will have problems on some versions.
Read this for the rest of the things you said:
But people first need to get emeralds from middle (If we use the first variant which I like more), go back and then they can get 2 ender chests with emeralds (If the player survived this long which is a real skill if you ask me) They can use these 2 Ender Chests 1 time because someone will probably break the chest at middle. Getting emeralds isn't easy.

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🐺
Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Top Bottom