Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ERicKill3R

Feb 12, 2016
I would like to address the Emerald Generator's current situation and the useless items of Eggwars and give some suggestions for the future.

First, I am speaking on behalf of the Overpowered Mode, Half Health community, which, to be honest, is the majority as of right now.

The emerald generator was implemented to "force" players to go to mid since it would reward the player even more than diamonds. None of the items that can be obtained are worth investing time and resources; the only times the generator gets activated and used are to get the emerald achievement and to troll. Considering that the generator is a high-risk high-reward (since it takes a lot of time to get emeralds and also since the generator is activated in mid), the rewards should be more significant.

Please notice that these ideas need a lot of development and thought. Take them as concepts that need refinement. They might even not work well together. Anyway, these are my suggestions (let me know what do you think):

Use emeralds for:
  • Degrade a generator. (you can lower the level of diamond, gold, and iron generators on enemy islands and potentially mid as well). I can see this used for trolling, but I think the concept has some potential.

• Buy a generator. (be able to activate another generator at your base) This is separate from broken generators.

• Force a deathmatch. (for a high number of emeralds, force the world to slowly close, forcing everyone to go to mid) Having this at a very high number means other players already have ender pearls. This probably should only be available when all eggs are destroyed.

• End crystal. (this item alone would be far more rewarding than everything available now, and it will undoubtedly change very late game PVP.

• Base defenses (permanent base defenses). This could come in the form of permanent walls, mobs (with a maximum number of course),etc.

• Revive a teammate. Be able to buy someone back into the game for a certain number of emeralds. Or even buying the egg back.

• Potions that last longer. The current problem as of right now is that enemies can simply run if you drink a potion, and it will only last for 30 seconds. Besides, if you spent the time to get that potion, the enemies are probably more stacked already.

• Activate an ender chest at your base.

• The leap thing could be great if the price is lowered and the jumps could be stacked up to a certain number mid-air. This would make a good competitor to the ender pearls, which can be obtained easier.

• OP items. A better bow, a better sword, something with knockback, totem of undying, etc.

• Bring back the thing that placed a line of blocks in front of you like a mini bridge, for emeralds.

A lot of great things can be done to make the emerald generator useful without breaking the game, of course. The most important aspect of the game is balance, price, power, and effectiveness of everything I said needs to be considered to keep the game fun.

Something else I briefly wanted to talk about was useless items in the store. Walls, Ladder (both the auto ladder thing and the individual items), carrots, cake, gold ore, and all of the items related to the emerald generator, of course.

• No one uses ladders or walls as they don't have a practical use. It is faster to go up placing blocks, and the walls can be used for trolling, I guess. Well, the only use they had was to glitch through as many blocks as you wanted, under the map and everything, but this was fixed already.

• Normal carrots and cakes give too little saturation for them to be useful. The only use of cakes is to cover the egg on some occasions, but a single TNT can get rid of them.

• I have to be fair and say that the gold ores are useful, but the situation needs to be veeery specific. You can protect your egg in case someone rushes you from the start of the game and they did not buy a diamond pickaxe. That is the only use I can find for it, and I have not seen anyone doing it.

I still enjoy the game, do not get me wrong, but after 86 days and 13 hours of playtime, I believe there is some room for improvement. Let me know what you think!

Pd1: Please add wood again? No?

Pd2: Please devs, fix the block placement bugs/glitches, people are getting thrown to the sides when going up, teleporting back after jumping and placing, and blocks keep disappearing after placing them on some occasions (happens commonly when placing them fast). To my knowledge, all of this happens regardless of ping.

Pd3: Does the server have a public API?

Thank you for reading :)

Reactions: Higgachu

rezlang

Novice Member
Aug 23, 2017
United States
I like some of the less OP options, I think you have gone slightly too far. I understand that you are saying these things should be very expensive, but I would enjoy people trying to camp mid for emeralds even less than emeralds being useless... Especially the ideas about reviving teammates and getting the egg back. It would be far too much time, and I think it would just make the game substantially less fun. As for some of the other suggestions like downgrading a generator or buying end crystals, they are interesting concepts, but like you said. I think the former would be used to troll too often, and the latter would be either very OP or completely useless depending on the gamemode...

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Aesthetically the generators bother me too. On some maps the emerald generator clearly is an afterthought, they are just put in a random place because the maps weren't build with this generator in mind. The items you can buy, although some decent, are not worth the wait. Even for the people who choose to sit in mid.

Having thought about it, I wouldn't want emeralds to have many great items actually. Anyone who has plenty of emeralds has done a lot of camping and thus can already buy a lot of good gear and items. No need to reward camping even more. A couple months ago they did a somewhat controversial update and asked feedback. Before and since I've seen barely anyone use emeralds. At the time I thought that making it so that you could only spend emeralds on other islands than your own would be a fun idea (to get people to actually have to venture beyond mid and their own island), but that wouldn't fix anything either. Frankly, I don't know how to make it a good addition to the game.

At this point, I'm just glad barely anyone uses it.

Normal carrots and cakes give too little saturation for them to be useful. The only use of cakes is to cover the egg on some occasions, but a single TNT can get rid of them.

I think carrots are mainly there so you can at least get one piece of food in hardcore if you don't want to camp for ages, because hardcore isn't actually hardcore mode but expansive mode.

ERicKill3R

Feb 12, 2016
Yeah, honestly I was just brainstorming some ideas about it, I just want them to be either useful or be removed to be honest.

ItsSennee

Jul 1, 2020
Hello
I was thinking of this also because before the update there were op items ingame and then people were forced to go mid otherwise they would lose because they didn't have OP items. But now the items are not really that useful.
They should definitely add better items!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

marshduck11 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
I'm waiting for my facts!
Eli wrote on hamelech2007's profile.
Hello pumpkin
vPhaseAsu wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
i saw you in game earlier!
Thjis wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!
UncleSpect wrote on Ivaann's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Top Bottom