Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Wait does this apply to non-PvP games too? Because if a game doesnt have combat then 1.8 people shouldn’t have trouble changing version would they? So we can expect new arcade games with new features in the future?
For PvP it shouldn’t really matter, but if the game works around the whole theme of a 1.9 specific item, then it’s going to have issues. For example Layer Spleef and Paintball etc would be fine as they don’t have any 1.9 specific features other than the glowing effect, which may impact the game slightly. But games like Wing Rush will have major issues due to the Elytra...

A game like Slime Survival cannot be on 1.8 and it solely relies on the use of the glowing effect

L

Lightning McQueen

For PvP it shouldn’t really matter, but if the game works around the whole theme of a 1.9 specific item, then it’s going to have issues. For example Layer Spleef and Paintball etc would be fine as they don’t have any 1.9 specific features other than the glowing effect, which may impact the game slightly. But games like Wing Rush will have major issues due to the Elytra...

A game like Slime Survival cannot be on 1.8 and it solely relies on the use of the glowing effect
So if I understand correctly we wont have any more games completely dependant on 1.9+ features but existing games will definitely be updated to have them.

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
So if I understand correctly we wont have any more games completely dependant on 1.9+ features but existing games will definitely be updated to have them.
Again with my quote "I will not let a Minecraft version block a games full potential and creativity". You will see games using 1.9+ features definitely, but if the game is 100% dependant of a 1.9+ feature, they just will not be ported back to 1.8. If game uses a 1.9+ feature, we will attempt to use an alternative, but if it's not possible, then it will simply be rejected from the 1.8 network.

If you want to continuing talking about this, please private message me.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

apparently the free 500 minecoins isnt actually "free", you have to buy something first

LAME!
UncleSpect wrote on Thjis's profile.
congratss thisj o/
Kazwa wrote on Gemmmmie's profile.
lyyy x
Just got off work and have to wake up in 5,5 hours for school tomorrow… :sadnoot:
Sleep well cuties ❤️
Top Bottom