Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 169486

Let's face it, skywars is starting to get boring. The new voting types were cool, until everyone started voting no projectiles and everyone hated it. But that's a suggestion for another time. For now, I would like to suggest a new skywars mode: Elytra.

As the name would suggest, this is skywars, but with elytra's. Instead of the map being flat like it currently is, this would have several layers of islands, with better loot as you go higher or lower. Fireworks and other things that boost you higher would be common on chests, and bows would be scarce but still available.

D

Deleted member 352903

I suggested this a while ago and lots of people told me it already exists, and we shouldn't copy other servers. But I think it's fine, I mean, shouldn't we remove SkyWars too because lots of servers have it?
+1

D

Deleted member 169486

I suggested this a while ago and lots of people told me it already exists, and we shouldn't copy other servers. But I think it's fine, I mean, shouldn't we remove SkyWars too because lots of servers have it?
+1
Not to mention Battle Zone is pretty much a complete copy of fortnite and Hypixel had a similar game.

@Camezonda thoughts?

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
I've looked into having an Elytra SkyWars, and I've seen other servers do it, but it just didn't go anywhere. An Elytra just doesn't really work in SkyWars, it's an amazing item, just not for SkyWars in my opinion. Plus this gamemode would be 1.9 only. But thank you so much for the suggestion, if you have any other ideas to make a unique and interesting SkyWars gamemode, or a way to make an Elytra themed gamemode unique, we'll take all feedback :P

L

Lightning McQueen

Plus this gamemode would be 1.9 only.
Regardless of elytra, are you saying that the newer updates will not be used to their fullest potential just because of the 1.8 network?

Its fine if new 1.9+ minigames are omitted, but surely we’ll be able to use new features in games that already have a 1.8 network correct? So we’ll still be getting tridents and such in skywars?

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
Regardless of elytra, are you saying that the newer updates will not be used to their fullest potential just because of the 1.8 network?

Its fine if new 1.9+ minigames are omitted, but surely we’ll be able to use new features in games that already have a 1.8 network correct? So we’ll still be getting tridents and such in skywars?
think he just means that 1.8 players would be a bit miffed if the 1.9 people get a whole new mode and they don't. don't think that will stop tridents and stuff getting added.

D

Deleted member 169486

think he just means that 1.8 players would be a bit miffed if the 1.9 people get a whole new mode and they don't.
CpeUxzCVMAAcrrL.jpg

Reactions: Commissioned

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They

Adding an item into a game which is version specific is fine, such as a Trident, as 1.8/1.9 will just not have them (Like shields currently do). But creating a whole gamemode around a 1.9 specific item such as the Elytra will have issues with 1.8. Single items are fine, whole gamemode items are not. Of course we could release it to 1.9 only, but then the 1.8 community would be rather upset. I do say to myself all the time "I will not let a Minecraft version block a games full potential and creativity", but I also want to keep a balance within communities.

L

Lightning McQueen

Do you have any reason or?
quoted u by accident sorry
Adding an item into a game which is version specific is fine, such as a Trident, as 1.8/1.9 will just not have them (Like shields currently do). But creating a whole gamemode around a 1.9 specific item such as the Elytra will have issues with 1.8. Single items are fine, whole gamemode items are not. Of course we could release it to 1.9 only, but then the 1.8 community would be rather upset. I do say to myself all the time "I will not let a Minecraft version block a games full potential and creativity", but I also want to keep a balance within communities.
yay thx cat

L

Lightning McQueen

Wait does this apply to non-PvP games too? Because if a game doesnt have combat then 1.8 people shouldn’t have trouble changing version would they? So we can expect new arcade games with new features in the future?

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom