Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeDeDestroyed

Nov 13, 2015
Want easy wins in EggWars? You've come to the right place. Featuring the Rush Strat, a strategy that involves leaving your island as soon as possible to take down everyone else before they become a threat. Who needs Iron-Armored battles that take forever when you can simply swipe at their egg and slash them to pieces in mere seconds? Here's a general strat that should work for most maps, except for maybe Pizza in which case you will need to work EVEN FASTER. Anyways, without further ado here's the steps:

__________________________________________________________________________​

1) To start off, pick MoneyBags. No matter what. It is the best kit, literally no other kit can compete against it. Why get 8 blocks, leather armor, a pickaxe, or carrots when you can get any of those and more?

2) After you spawn in, immediately pick up the iron and gold and drop everything to the floor. Jump off the void to get 10 more gold. Efficiency at its finest. If you are on a map that starts with a Lv. 2 iron gen, this might not be needed. Once you respawn, remember to collect the gens again for maximum efficiency. You don't need to upgrade the iron gens, but if you're with a partner it might be smart to.

3) Buy a wood sword (or axe if you must), leather armor, and a stone pickaxe. You should have enough for around 32 sandstone, which should be enough to get to a nearby island on most maps. Pick up some steaks with the extra you have. At least carry 2 steaks at all time, as they can give a regeneration boost in the heat of battle.

4) Equip your blocks to the offhand and immediately start building to the nearby island. Go up about 8-12 blocks first so they can't just hop on the bridge back to your island.

5) Jump off, and slash their egg. Try to ignore the enemy players, they probably won't even have any weapons or blocks at this time so it shouldn't be an issue. Once their egg is down, slash at them with your weapon, simple enough. If they're an average player, they won't have time to react and will panic, spam-clicking or punching you. Easy kills.

6) Before heading out to the next island, collect their iron and gold and restock on supplies. If you have any extra gold, spend it on items in this order:

Pickaxe > Chestplate > Leggings > Sword > Helmet > Boots

This gives the best value (I find). You can skip the pickaxe if your enemies visibly only have one layer of sandstone, but it's better to get it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it. If they have a large block of sandstone around their egg, pick up some TNT and bomb it like it's the world trade center a thing that needs bombing. If you have full chain, pick up some golden apples, as they'll come in handy now that you have some better armor.

7) Keep going in a circle, repeating the build > break > kill loop until you either die or eliminate all you can. There might still be a team or two with full iron armor and bows, which is why you can easily hijack another island's bridge to mid to stash on some diamonds. If there's only a few players left without eggs, consider a player tracker; it saves a lot of time and hassle.

8) Clean up the remaining scum. You should be getting glass instead of sandstone at this point, to make your bridges unnoticeable from a distance. Sneak up on any remaining eggs and use a Tier IV pickaxe to pulverize the obsidian.

During this strategy, keep the following in mind:

-You do not care about your egg. Surround it in basic sandstone if you need to or get obsidian when everyone else is wiped, but it really shouldn't matter. As long as you can PVP well and keep stealthy, you should be fine.

-Learn the basics of 1.9+ PvP. Don't spam-click. Eat when you get low. Etc. Swords are typically the better choice as they let you hit quicker, allowing for combos towards the edge; three hits would deal more knockback than two from an axe. If you prefer a hit-and-run playstyle, go for the axe; it's your decision. Keep in mind that Iron/Diamond Swords have a higher DPS (assuming you hit all of your attacks) than axes.

-Surround yourself in sandstone after killing an enemy team with an egg. If the enemy has obsidian around your egg but you manage to kill them, take the opportunity and trap yourself against the egg using sandstone. This way they can't punch you and abuse the annoying spawn immunity, and you can mine away.

Some Specific Notes:

Overpowered - Get armor no matter what. You'll never die. Also, get glass instead of sandstone for a stealthier retreat. Pickaxes are much cheaper, so you can leave a lot quicker. Try to end the game before your opponents get access to diamonds if you can.

Pizza - RUSH the other island. I don't many ol' stupid "hurr durr sword armor" bullcrap, I mean RUSH. Pick up the iron, get some blocks, get a pickaxe and GO. Ignore the diamonds at the middle and go for their egg so you don't have to deal with them trying to contest it. If you're quick enough you can get their egg within 30 seconds and kill them with your pickaxe afterwards. Your only threats are egg armorers, in which you'll just have to be cautious around. Get your partner to surround your egg in sandstone and defend if they manage to get past you. Once you have full control over the tomato diamond generators, build a staircase up mid. Do a round-trip of the two gold gens and one diamond gen and drop them for your partner to collect. You should get around 50 gold from just one trip mid, which is enough to surround your egg in obsidian. Do such and have free reign over your enemies.

Storm - Build tree-to tree for a stealthy takeover. Use glass if you need to. The trees are the best place to build to as they're positioned right above the egg and are close together. Become a monkey and jump tree-to-tree if you need to, whatever lets you get the jump on your enemy.

Duos - Have your partner go the opposite direction as you. I've had many games where I've said "You rush, I defend" or vise-versa and one of us takes out the crowd while the other sits back twiddling their thumbs. Have one of you go left and the other right, it's much more effective (and fun) that way.

Well, that's it for now. Leave your feedback and strategies, and ways to counter this stupid rush strat.

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
Want easy wins in EggWars? You've come to the right place. Featuring the Rush Strat, a strategy that involves leaving your island as soon as possible to take down everyone else before they become a threat. Who needs Iron-Armored battles that take forever when you can simply swipe at their egg and slash them to pieces in mere seconds? Here's a general strat that should work for most maps, except for maybe Pizza in which case you will need to work EVEN FASTER. Anyways, without further ado here's the steps:

1) To start off, pick MoneyBags. No matter what. It is the best kit, literally no other kit can compete against it. Why get 8 blocks, leather armor, a pickaxe, or carrots when you can get any of those and more?

2) After you spawn in, immediately pick up the iron and gold and drop everything to the floor. Jump off the void to get 10 more gold. Efficiency at its finest. If you are on a map that starts with a Lv. 2 iron gen, this might not be needed. Once you respawn, remember to collect the gens again for maximum efficiency. You don't need to upgrade the iron gens, but if you're with a partner it might be smart to.

3) Buy a wood sword (or axe if you must), leather armor, and a stone pickaxe. You should have enough for around 32 sandstone, which should be enough to get to a nearby island on most maps. Pick up some steaks with the extra you have. At least carry 2 steaks at all time, as they can give a regeneration boost in the heat of battle.

4) Equip your blocks to the offhand and immediately start building to the nearby island. Go up about 8-12 blocks first so they can't just hop on the bridge back to your island.

5) Jump off, and slash their egg. Try to ignore the enemy players, they probably won't even have any weapons or blocks at this time so it shouldn't be an issue. Once their egg is down, slash at them with your weapon, simple enough. If they're an average player, they won't have time to react and will panic, spam-clicking or punching you. Easy kills.

6) Before heading out to the next island, collect their iron and gold and restock on supplies. If you have any extra gold, spend it on items in this order:

This gives the best value (I find). You can skip the pickaxe if your enemies visibly only have one layer of sandstone, but it's better to get it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it. If they have a large block of sandstone around their egg, pick up some TNT and bomb it like it's the world trade center a thing that needs bombing. If you have full chain, pick up some golden apples, as they'll come in handy now that you have some better armor.

7) Keep going in a circle, repeating the build > break > kill loop until you either die or eliminate all you can. There might still be a team or two with full iron armor and bows, which is why you can easily hijack another island's bridge to mid to stash on some diamonds. If there's only a few players left without eggs, consider a player tracker; it saves a lot of time and hassle.

8) Clean up the remaining scum. You should be getting glass instead of sandstone at this point, to make your bridges unnoticeable from a distance. Sneak up on any remaining eggs and use a Tier IV pickaxe to pulverize the obsidian.

-You do not care about your egg. Surround it in basic sandstone if you need to or get obsidian when everyone else is wiped, but it really shouldn't matter. As long as you can PVP well and keep stealthy, you should be fine.

-Learn the basics of 1.9+ PvP. Don't spam-click. Eat when you get low. Etc. Swords are typically the better choice as they let you hit quicker, allowing for combos towards the edge; three hits would deal more knockback than two from an axe. If you prefer a hit-and-run playstyle, go for the axe; it's your decision. Keep in mind that Iron/Diamond Swords have a higher DPS (assuming you hit all of your attacks) than axes.

-Surround yourself in sandstone after killing an enemy team with an egg. If the enemy has obsidian around your egg but you manage to kill them, take the opportunity and trap yourself against the egg using sandstone. This way they can't punch you and abuse the annoying spawn immunity, and you can mine away.

Some Specific Notes:

Overpowered - Get armor no matter what. You'll never die. Also, get glass instead of sandstone for a stealthier retreat. Pickaxes are much cheaper, so you can leave a lot quicker. Try to end the game before your opponents get access to diamonds if you can.

Pizza - RUSH the other island. I don't many ol' stupid "hurr durr sword armor" bullcrap, I mean RUSH. Pick up the iron, get some blocks, get a pickaxe and GO. Ignore the diamonds at the middle and go for their egg so you don't have to deal with them trying to contest it. If you're quick enough you can get their egg within 30 seconds and kill them with your pickaxe afterwards. Your only threats are egg armorers, in which you'll just have to be cautious around. Get your partner to surround your egg in sandstone and defend if they manage to get past you. Once you have full control over the tomato diamond generators, build a staircase up mid. Do a round-trip of the two gold gens and one diamond gen and drop them for your partner to collect. You should get around 50 gold from just one trip mid, which is enough to surround your egg in obsidian. Do such and have free reign over your enemies.

Storm - Build tree-to tree for a stealthy takeover. Use glass if you need to. The trees are the best place to build to as they're positioned right above the egg and are close together. Become a monkey and jump tree-to-tree if you need to, whatever lets you get the jump on your enemy.

Duos - Have your partner go the opposite direction as you. I've had many games where I've said "You rush, I defend" or vise-versa and one of us takes out the crowd while the other sits back twiddling their thumbs. Have one of you go left and the other right, it's much more effective (and fun) that way.

Well, that's it for now. Leave your feedback and strategies, and ways to counter this stupid rush strat.
This is a beautiful guide for eggwars. This will help a lot of new players!

U

Unipotato

This is a great guide! I'm one of those paranoid people that needs obsidian before they go anywhere though, so if I want to do this it'll definaitley take some habit breaking.

Reactions: Deeds

Elissaios

Dec 22, 2016
UK

Some Specific Notes:

Nice strategy - It's definitely different to what I would do.
However, on these maps, I feel like people generally get salty a lot, and you get people who have geared up deciding to get revenge, so they counter rush you. Given that you decide to rush immediately rather than get some items like a bow or decent sword (imo wood is fairly weak against armoured players), and focus on off-eggbase gearing up, what happens if your egg is destroyed? Not only are you left with less gear than the salty people, but most likely cut off due to bows or risk of people with better gear coming behind you whilst you try to escape to safety.
This strategy, which might work against newbies or reckless/careless players, I feel won't work against a good offence. You might get the egg destroying points or even some easy kills, but you won't get the win, and when people have fully geared and obbyed their egg, I think your strategy will be weak.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Honestly, money bags isn't.
The pickaxe kit is also very efficient and also keep in mind that this only works in solo, not duo+
I do think that your guide for solo is fine, but the one for team isn't.
Kit farming is impossible especially with bad teammates. Plus, you really just need to get the egg, and your teammates can do the rest.
Good guide though, but I rarely do solo EW anyways :P

DeDeDestroyed

Nov 13, 2015
However, on these maps, I feel like people generally get salty a lot, and you get people who have geared up deciding to get revenge, so they counter rush you. Given that you decide to rush immediately rather than get some items like a bow or decent sword (imo wood is fairly weak against armoured players), and focus on off-eggbase gearing up, what happens if your egg is destroyed? Not only are you left with less gear than the salty people, but most likely cut off due to bows or risk of people with better gear coming behind you whilst you try to escape to safety.
This strategy, which might work against newbies or reckless/careless players, I feel won't work against a good offence. You might get the egg destroying points or even some easy kills, but you won't get the win, and when people have fully geared and obbyed their egg, I think your strategy will be weak.
There are lots of people who try to rush mid, just hijack one of their bridges and get some dias if there's no clear target. This strat requires you be very good at PVP. And yes, it does not work all the time, and is not the most reliable but it can lead to some quick, easy, and fun wins; just like any other strategy, it has its downsides and can be countered by punishing their mistakes. Which is why you try to eliminate the possibility of mistakes by getting everything far quicker than they do.

I might had needed to make this clearer in the guide, but you should be picking up enough gold in between islands to get a pickaxe and chain armor, allowing you to kill both enemies and take their egg. Typically you eliminate around 3-5 islands before anyone even gets a bow but you can probably leech a bridge to mid to get them.

Honestly, money bags isn't.
The pickaxe kit is also very efficient and also keep in mind that this only works in solo, not duo+
I do think that your guide for solo is fine, but the one for team isn't.
Kit farming is impossible especially with bad teammates. Plus, you really just need to get the egg, and your teammates can do the rest.
Good guide though, but I rarely do solo EW anyways :p
I am assuming you are with a friend (ex skype call) and are coordinated, forgot to mention that sorry.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
That's correct. I use this opening a lot but I do it differently. I prefer carrots instead of the steak (steak after the first island). This is because carrots give the most food value per cost in eggwars (steak in 2nd place). Focus on the sword and armor first once you rush the first island. The reason you start with a wood sword is to give you a weapon to fight with early on because 32 iron in the early game is very expensive.

The idea is to prevent anyone from getting diamonds in order to make the rush (transition to push) effective. Once they get their diamonds for a bow, then your rush loses effectiveness. You're forced to retreat and get diamonds yourself or take on other islands unless you see an opening.

Initial gold goes to gapples. Diamond pickaxe only if I see a full case of obsidian around the egg. If not, chain chestpiece -> chain legs -> gapples (helm optional, but prefer to get extra pieces of leather helm/boots on hotbar).

To xx360: It does work in teams, but it requires your entire team to commit to it. Better done in 2-man teams (easier coordination) but larger ones work. The shell cracker kit is good too (equivalent to 10 iron at start in normal or more in UHC) but the money bags kit is more versatile and allows you to better respond to early rush.

EDIT: Why use glass? Even though it's harder to see at first, it's easy to tell because you'll be bridging and you cannot bridge in mid-air. Glass is also visible but you'll see the outlines. Sandstone is the cheapest block in the game, giving you more bang for your buck.

Checks and Counters
-High level players will know your rush and counter by walling off their egg and fighting you ahead of time. If you die at any time during the rush, you're done unless your opponent screws up. The key to countering strategies is to be observant.
-Fast diamonds. As said above, if you prevent anyone from getting access to emeralds and diamonds quickly, your rush stays strong.

Good in maps with short rush distances and diamonds at the center island.
Weaker in maps where diamonds are very close to starting islands (e.g. tropical, pizza, snowy) and in team mode (requires most or all of your teammates committed to the rush).

Last edited:

DeDeDestroyed

Nov 13, 2015
That's correct. I use this opening a lot but I do it differently. I prefer carrots instead of the steak (steak after the first island). Focus on the sword and armor first once you rush the first island. The reason you start with a wood sword is to give you a weapon to fight with early on because 32 iron in the early game is very expensive.

The idea is to prevent anyone from getting diamonds in order to make the rush (transition to push) effective. Once they get their diamonds for a bow, then your rush loses effectiveness. You're forced to retreat and get diamonds yourself or take on other islands unless you see an opening.

Initial gold goes to gapples. Diamond pickaxe only if I see a full case of obsidian around the egg. If not, chain chestpiece -> chain legs -> gapples (helm optional, but prefer to get extra pieces of leather helm/boots on hotbar).

To xx360: It does work in teams, but it requires your entire team to commit to it. Better done in 2-man teams (easier coordination) but larger ones work. The shell cracker kit is good too (equivalent to 10 iron at start in normal or more in UHC) but the money bags kit is more versatile and allows you to better respond to early rush.

Checks and Counters
-High level players will know your rush and counter by walling off their egg and fighting you ahead of time. If you die at any time during the rush, you're done unless your opponent screws up. The key to countering strategies is to be observant.
-Fast diamonds. As said above, if you prevent anyone from getting access to emeralds and diamonds quickly, your rush stays strong.

Good in maps with short rush distances and diamonds at the center island.
Weaker in maps where diamonds are very close to starting islands (e.g. tropical, pizza, snowy) and in team mode (requires most or all of your teammates committed to the rush).
I like to get steak for the regen burst, but it does cost extra so it's more of a personal choice. Thank you for explaining the strategy, you summed it up near-perfectly.

Also, I notice that the rush strat works well even on maps like Tropical or Pizza, but you have to adapt. Take out the islands that can also access the diamonds so you can get them uncontested. Stockpile on said diamonds and take out the rest like you would any other game. Eliminating islands that can access the diamonds (especially on Pizza and Tropical) can win games.

But that's a different guide for a different time.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I like to get steak for the regen burst, but it does cost extra so it's more of a personal choice. Thank you for explaining the strategy, you summed it up near-perfectly.

Also, I notice that the rush strat works well even on maps like Tropical or Pizza, but you have to adapt. Take out the islands that can also access the diamonds so you can get them uncontested. Stockpile on said diamonds and take out the rest like you would any other game. Eliminating islands that can access the diamonds (especially on Pizza and Tropical) can win games.

But that's a different guide for a different time.
You have only 1 area (the other 2 nearby islands) you can rush though. After that, you're forced to take mid because the others will already have more diamonds than you will. Picture tropical in your mind and you'll notice it is shaped like a cross (same with snowy). If you're lucky and fast enough, the other "ends" of the cross will still be fighting each other for the generator; if not, the survivor will move to mid.

Rushing trades early economy for early attack. You forgo the best items you can get at your starting island and defense in exchange for earlier timings and more territory. It's an easy strategy to understand, but it is not easy to execute.

EDIT: To TriangleAttack, you jump off your island at the very start to grant you the 10 extra iron. Optional, but allows you to get slightly ahead. I prefer not to though because you won't have a chance to defend if your rush fails.

For the other jump, you make a 1-way bridge to make it more difficult for your opponent to cross it. You force him to either pillar up if he has blocks (leaving up exposed to attack if you're close to him), get blocks if he respawns (again, leaves him exposed and needs to run to iron generator to get enough), escape by using another bridge (giving you a chance to break his egg), or fight you (cannot escape). You cut off option #2 by taking his iron before he can take the generator or kill him again if he has the iron. Option #1 is off the list if you land a hit off him. #3 and #4 are his only options left.

Either way, if your opponent fails to respond to the rush properly, then you've pinned him to a corner. It's an almost guaranteed kill unless you mess up.

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
You have only 1 area (the other 2 nearby islands) you can rush though. After that, you're forced to take mid because the others will already have more diamonds than you will. Picture tropical in your mind and you'll notice it is shaped like a cross (same with snowy). If you're lucky and fast enough, the other "ends" of the cross will still be fighting each other for the generator; if not, the survivor will move to mid.

Rushing trades early economy for early attack. You forgo the best items you can get at your starting island and defense in exchange for earlier timings and more territory.

EDIT: To TriangleAttack, you jump off at the very start to grant you the 10 extra iron. Optional, but allows you to get slightly ahead. I prefer not to though because you won't have a chance to defend if your rush fails.
Thanks, I see now.

But as @hyperBravo said, this might not work for maps such as tropical, snowy, and mine. It would be neat to create a guide on those types of maps, or even maps that have pre-built bridges like end and safari.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Thanks, I see now.

But as @hyperBravo said, this might not work for maps such as tropical, snowy, and mine. It would be neat to create a guide on those types of maps, or even maps that have pre-built bridges like end and safari.
The general approach is the same regardless of map. The specific approach depends on your starting resources, type of opponents, and the terrain.

On pre-built bridges, you have to be more observant and get your gear faster. Get your usual opening gear but get the sword first and check for any rushers before you buy anything. Unfortunately for you, this means you won't exactly know who has diamonds (you'll have to look for players running to their island from mid). Your build is slightly stronger because of the extremely fast rush distance (defense is somewhat negligible since you'll be far away and bridges are pre-built).

On maps with 2 iron generators (1 broken): upgrade the broken one to level 1 only to double your iron production. This is the only generator upgrade you will do for the opening.

I forgot to mention that because fights last much longer in 1.9 OP eggwars, this strat is much weaker because it takes much longer to kill enemies (means others have a chance to get tougher gear/defenses and/or expand to mid). It's also weak in long distance maps such as steampunk, where the other islands are hundreds of blocks away from the nearest diamond generator (each island with a diamond generator has 4 islands near it).

Reactions: DeDeDestroyed

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
when it's OP i use a pickaxe to break armour. It destroys it the quickest
Doesn't. According to the wiki:

"Any hit from a damage source that can be blocked by armor will remove one point of durability from each piece of armor worn for every 4 incoming damage (rounded down, but never below 1)."

That means any hit will always deal 1 damage but starting at 8 weapon damage, every 4 weapon damage adds 1 armor damage point (so 2 armor damage at 8 weapon damage).

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Like 80% of players are idiots, just saying. It's an easy cheese strat that works because people are dumb
Because they don't properly respond to it by first going to mid or doing other plans first. Even a dumb player can still beat the rusher if the rusher makes a mistake, and just one mistake can cost a lot even if it doesn't seem much at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #49-
Domestic cats can run faster than Olympic medalist Usain Bolt. Top speed for a cat is about 30mph (48.28kmh), whereas Bolt's record is 27mph (43.45kmh).
Xi1m wrote on Mivke's profile.
hapi birthdasy!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Top Bottom