Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
So, I've seen many complaints against campers on the forums recently. I thought of a way to stop them.

What is Shop Inflation?

Every time someone purchases something from the eggwars shop, the price increases for the next one. Let's say a diamond sword has 50% inflation. The first one would cost 12, the next one costs 18. Something like that...

Shop Inflation Rates
Wood Tools, Stone Tools, Building Blocks, Pickaxes, Compass, Leather Armour, Non Notch Apple Food - Not Affected

Iron Sword, Iron Axe - 20%
Diamond Sword, Diamond Axe - 25%

Unenchanted Bow - 25%
Power Bow - 60%
Punch Bow - 150% (I know it's a lot, but it's a good way to stop campers)

Arrows (All) - 10%

Chest - 10%
TNT - 10%

Chain Armour - 20%
Iron Armour - 60%

Notch Apple: 50%

New Costs

Unenchanted Bow

Original: 8
2nd: 10
3rd: 12.5 ---> 13
4th: 15.625 ---> 16

Power Bow
Original: 15
2nd: 24
3rd: 38.4 ---> 39
4th: 61.44 ---> 61

Punch Bow
Original: 12
2nd: 30
3rd: 75
4th: 187.5 ---> 128

Iron Sword
Original: 16
2nd: 19.2 ---> 19
3rd: 23.04 ---> 23
4th: 27.648 ---> 28

Iron Axe
Original: 24
2nd: 28.8 ---> 29
3rd: 34.56 ---> 35
4th: 41.472 ---> 41

Diamond Sword
Original: 12
2nd: 15
3rd: 18.75 ---> 19
4th: 23.4375 ---> 23

Diamond Axe
Original: 20
2nd: 25
3rd: 31.25 ---> 31
4th: 39.0625 ---> 39

Arrow
Original: 2/5
2nd: 2.2/5 = 2/5
3rd: 2.42/5 = 2/5
4th: 2.662/5 = 3/5
5th: 2.9282/5 = 3/5
6th: 3.22102/5 = 3/5
7th: 3.543122/5 = 4/5

Chest
Original: 5
2nd: 5.5 ---> 6
3rd: 6.05 ---> 6
4th: 6.655 ---> 7

TNT
Original: 10
2nd: 11
3rd: 12.1 ---> 12
4th: 13.31 ---> 13

--- Edit ---

Notch Apple
Original: 32
2nd: 48
3rd: 72
4th: 108

--- 2nd Edit ---
Chain Armour
Original: 10
2nd: 12
3rd: 14.4 ---> 14
4th: 17.28 ---> 17

Iron Armour
Original: 5
2nd: 8
3rd: 12.8 ---> 13
4th: 20.48 ---> 28

Things to Note

This ONLY affects your home island. If you go to another island, you're fine.

(On a side note, if you are at another island for a long time, the inflation kicks in)

Last edited:
Reactions: iLoveYouu and hgbf

hgbf

Forum Veteran
Oct 27, 2015
Behind the command block
minecraft.net
I would love to see this! It would make eggwars way more interesting, imo.
Cz3HG9f.gif

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

sinaandaman

Jun 6, 2016
dude. A punch bow=128
thats too much.
I personally hate bow spammers but cmon man thats just ridiculous
But the idea is fine itself, i concern though.
A camper has unlimited diamond right? SO he only needs to wait a few seconds for the highest rate weapons. See these days campers camp then get both their negbours, witch is 30 diamonds every few seconds. (this only means if they dont choose to spread their land) and also heres the story of a non-camper. 1 day they was a young 8 year-old player playing eggwars. He met a camper and lost to him. This made him RAGE and he started to TARGET him. So he dies again, and again. After he noticed the ONLY way is to bowspam. So hes killed the camper but now if he dies again and needs to buy ANYTHING ELSE he spends 4x more than normal. GG.

PART 2: He rage-quits and the other team won becuase it was a 1v1. The end.

Last edited:
Reactions: Komodо

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
dude. A punch bow=128

thats too much.
I personally hate bow spammers but cmon man thats just ridiculous
But the idea is fine itself, i concern though.
A camper has unlimited diamond right? SO he only needs to wait a few seconds for the highest rate weapons. See these days campers camp then get both their negbours, witch is 30 diamonds every few seconds. (this only means if they dont choose to spread their land) and also heres the story of a non-camper. 1 day they was a young 8 year-old player playing eggwars. He met a camper and lost to him. This made him RAGE and he started to TARGET him. So he dies again, and again. After he noticed the ONLY way is to bowspam. So hes killed the camper but now if he dies again and needs to buy ANYTHING ELSE he spends 4x more than normal. GG

10/10 story, Rip 8 year old. Usually campers are not that good at melee combat so if you get on their island they are ussually screwed unless you are playing op, then it becomes a bow spam fest.(or you are somehow less skilled than a camper,that's a possibility too) If the 8 year old could have killed the camper and the price keeps going up for wood swords and pickaxes, then eventually the camper would be out if resources and lose.

But you do have a good point, if inflation only works on one island, then if the camper conquers all 3 then they don't have to worry about inflation.

Pandrai

Dedicated Member
Jul 20, 2016
the desert
hmmm interesting idea that could change how the game is played, but I know that if I'm attacking a camper and he shoots me off the first thing I do once I respawn is buy a bow, HOW THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THAT WHEN IT COSTS 128 DIAMONDS

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
Magic and a lot of believing in yourself so much that the bow materializes in your inventory.(or try to grind it back, enphasis on try)

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
hmmm interesting idea that could change how the game is played, but I know that if I'm attacking a camper and he shoots me off the first thing I do once I respawn is buy a bow, HOW THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THAT WHEN IT COSTS 128 DIAMONDS
If they are camping, they only have their island to trade. You can go to another island and it will cost 12 again.

sinaandaman

Jun 6, 2016
10/10 story, Rip 8 year old. Usually campers are not that good at melee combat so if you get on their island they are ussually screwed unless you are playing op, then it becomes a bow spam fest.(or you are somehow less skilled than a camper,that's a possibility too) If the 8 year old could have killed the camper and the price keeps going up for wood swords and pickaxes, then eventually the camper would be out if resources and lose.

But you do have a good point, if inflation only works on one island, then if the camper conquers all 3 then they don't have to worry about inflation.
read part 2.
i think i r8 8/8 m8 with no h8 and no clickb8.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

MrTokay

Jul 4, 2016
Jon's house
www.cubecraft.net
I like the idea, but it would be ridiculously hard to code the inflation rates on just your island but not on others.
But you could possibly make that each island has its own inflation rate, so if you go to a different island, it may have lower inflation (dependent on whether anybody else bought there yet) or it may have higher inflation. This would introduce an incredible amount of risk, as superxsnap was saying.

Also, if you have an egg, sometimes you spend a lot of time on your island.
In these types of cases, the inflation rate is unfair.
A possible solution would be to make it activate inflation if you're on your island for 5 minutes (time subject to change).

Thanks for the effort in making this thread, it looks like it took an incredible amount of time to make!

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
I don't really like this considering that cost for food would eventually go through the roof, considering how much food I buy in one game and the crazy exponential growth you would go through.

I only play Eggwars when I can communicate with other people; a few people distract while one gets an Ender Pearl; one person tps and the rest storm the bridge and bam, game over. While I think the intent is great, I think this is the wrong way to go about this.

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
I don't really like this considering that cost for food would eventually go through the roof, considering how much food I buy in one game and the crazy exponential growth you would go through.

I only play Eggwars when I can communicate with other people; a few people distract while one gets an Ender Pearl; one person tps and the rest storm the bridge and bam, game over. While I think the intent is great, I think this is the wrong way to go about this.
What about when it's not op?

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
What about when it's not op?
I usually play OP, so I can't really talk for other modes. But considering that all the prices listed here are based on the OP prices, I just assumed it would be in OP exclusively. Otherwise, I feel like again, a few distract while one bridges over and wreaks havoc, and the others run over and kill. Again, can't really speak for other modes, but I would assume this would work like 80% of the time.

AcidKirby

Jun 7, 2016
Planet Pop Star
discord.gg
the idea seems like a really good one.. and this is another way to stop campers and mostly one of the kind of ppl that i hate the most : bow spammers , but i wouldn't want something like this to happen bc let's say you just geared up with the 1st tier of everything.. you run across a bridge.. boom you got shot off.. now it's going to take you twice as long to get all the stuff... and then ppl could easily get to you and defeat you, yeah there are ways to take this on.. but i just don't like it. -1 for me

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House

In terms of food, only notch apples have inflation. Everything else remains consistent.
I usually play OP, so I can't really talk for other modes. But considering that all the prices listed here are based on the OP prices, I just assumed it would be in OP exclusively. Otherwise, I feel like again, a few distract while one bridges over and wreaks havoc, and the others run over and kill. Again, can't really speak for other modes, but I would assume this would work like 80% of the time.
These are the normal prices, look closely at the chests and TNT.
the idea seems like a really good one.. and this is another way to stop campers and mostly one of the kind of ppl that i hate the most : bow spammers , but i wouldn't want something like this to happen bc let's say you just geared up with the 1st tier of everything.. you run across a bridge.. boom you got shot off.. now it's going to take you twice as long to get all the stuff... and then ppl could easily get to you and defeat you, yeah there are ways to take this on.. but i just don't like it. -1 for me
It doesn't. Lets say your playing on Underdasea and cyan is camping; you're on pink team. Cyan starts inflating from arrow purchases, and so do you. However, you could go to gray island and the prices are restored to the original. That is how campers are put at a disadvantage.

Top Bottom