Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Bhattachan

Nov 15, 2016
Going to do these for most of the games over time. Now EggWars is our most popular game and we have a lot of maps for it. I want to know what your favourite and least favourites maps are.

This information will help the build team improve on 'certain' aspects for future maps or even little improvements to our current maps from your feedback.
You can pick as many maps as you want. Please use this format

This is an example

Favourites:
Space (Team)
- Just always tend to have really fun games on this map
Steampunk (Solo) - Layout is very unique and pretty fun to destroy so many eggs on

Least favourite:
Storm (Team) -
The island surface is horrible to place blocks on
Vegeatables (Team) - Too much detail with heads, and obstacles everywhere to get a good clean fight

Previous ones:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/skywars-maps-give-us-feedback.123853/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/duels-maps-give-us-feedback.120741/#post-513434
Favourites:
Space (Team)- It is really fun to play on with your friends
Pizza (Team)- You have to rush to your tomato to get rid off your opponent
Steampunk (Solo)- You have a level 3 iron gen at the start and the games are fun
Magic( Team) - I don't like the actually map because the mid gens are so low but that makes it more important because you have to rush other bases
Golf (Solo)- It is really easy/ fun to rush

Least favourite:
Vegetables(Team)- It is very glitchy and terrible for everything
Construction(Solo)- Mid and bases are too far away from each other
Kingdom(Team)- Only 1 iron gen for 4 people
Teaparty (Team)- Same as kingdom but with 5 people

2Chris0

Nov 14, 2016
:cube_light:FAVORITES:cube_light:

oriental: the islands are cool.
tea party: the map is nice and big.
dwarven: orange and pink have the big statues.
aztec: the way mid is modeled, it is breathtaking.

:mad:LEAST FAVORITES:mad:

rome: only 2 teams.
undathesea: the islands are too spread out, when i'm building across, I get sniped.​

Djentism

Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2016
My shed
Favourite:

Forest (Teams) ,My friend and i never lost on that map
Pizza (Teams) ,Pretty fast paced game
Kingdom (Teams) ,Like forest, never lost on that map
Teaparty (Teams) ,Big map and lots of fun
Medieval (Teams) ,Fast paced game
Space (Teams) ,Fun game to explore the galaxy
Fairground (Teams) ,Love this map

Least favourite:

Underdasea (Teams) ,whole shell can be filled up with obby and distance between islands is too long
Rome (Teams) ,To make it one of my favourite maps just add more iron generators
Construction (Solo) ,This is just a big map filled with campers
Mine (Solo) ,maybe some grey stained glass between rail gaps?
Dwarven (Teams) ,Snow patches keeps blocking my sprint
Treehouse (Teams) ,Egg is way to high and can easily be camped on
Steampunk (Solo) ,When you think you get a kill but they survive because of the bottom

Last edited:

xXDeggieXx

Nov 19, 2016
Going to do these for most of the games over time. Now EggWars is our most popular game and we have a lot of maps for it. I want to know what your favourite and least favourites maps are.

This information will help the build team improve on 'certain' aspects for future maps or even little improvements to our current maps from your feedback.
You can pick as many maps as you want. Please use this format

This is an example

Favourites:
Space (Team)
- Just always tend to have really fun games on this map
Steampunk (Solo) - Layout is very unique and pretty fun to destroy so many eggs on

Least favourite:
Storm (Team) -
The island surface is horrible to place blocks on
Vegeatables (Team) - Too much detail with heads, and obstacles everywhere to get a good clean fight

Previous ones:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/duels-maps-give-us-feedback.120741/#post-513434
Favourites
Oriental: big map egg good spot and good balance of generators
Rome: big map 10vs10 rush map quick and fun

Less favourite
Space: only one dia gen on the mid and nothing more than that eccept for the planets
Construction: to big for a solo map and not that pretty

Nov 23, 2016
Favourites
Space(team):Nice long trolling games :)
Forest(Team):Just the best map ever :)

Worst:
Steampunk:To hard to knock people off so rage. :(
Rome:Only 2 teams :(

Reactions: Mr_Riolu_

vtiger5

Aug 2, 2016
Sorry I'm just gonna break the format here to explain one of my thoughts in a little depth. Apologies If this isn't the place for this.

I actually really enjoy maps where long games are possible, and honestly I feel like a few maps have serious flaws in terms of egg positioning to the detriment of that, especially when going against a team competitively.

Take space for example, I really enjoy the fact that you have another option when It comes to diamonds and it makes it harder to deny dia. altogether from a team. If they decide to buckle down and stay on base to defend their egg, There are always multiple options when It comes to attacking (mid, planet or the tips of either neighboring bases.

However,
As I mentioned previously, It's the egg position that just isn't on point, It's in a situation where if you're up against a team who knows what they're doing, It's Impossible to get it when alone. (speaking from a mostly normal and not OP perspective here, but in hardcore it's even more egregious). The problem being that the time it take to break the egg with an efficiency 3 pick on a dual or even single layered egg is shorter then the time it takes for them to respawn, and walk over to the egg, this is combo'ed with the fact that the team is four players large, you'd have a hard time even covering yourself in blocks with how they would overwhelm you (with spawn protection, at that!). A simple solution to this is to make sure the egg is far enough from spawn where this isn't a factor, somewhere say, on top of the ship for example, this would also have repercussions for early game rushing though, as they would most likely have to climb to it to reach when going from mid.

Maybe I'm just salty because it happened to me more then once lol, but Anyways, as for my favorite maps, I'd have to chose:

Favorites:
Teaparty:
5 Player teams and an incredibly large maps make most of the games long, recently this is becoming less and less fun for me, with the advent of the blunder of a game mode called OP. Finding people who know how to play will assure that the game will never end with how easy it is to get diamonds and how little void drops there are. I hope you enjoy spamming people in diamond armor on the clouds... Because that's what you're going to be doing;
Forest: Small distance between mid and other islands make for usually a pretty straightforward game. The late game is all about stealth!
UnderTheSea: You'll be hard-pressed to find an UnderTheSea where people don't camp at base, and that's precisely why I love it, It can be infuriating at times, but sieges are a lot of fun to do on these maps and very satisfying when you pull them off :)

Least Favorites:
Pizza: I wish the distance between twin islands were larger, It always ends up in being a very early one sided rush, though It does have potential, I really like the concept that at the start 8 teams start and only 4 teams get to continue to play early game.
Magic: oh lord magic desperately needs an overhaul, the games end up being so short due to the lack of diamond and gold on 4 player teams, we probably all know about the dia gen on the wizard's head already, but chances are your egg will be broken by the time you actually reach it.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
UnderTheSea: You'll be hard-pressed to find an UnderTheSea where people don't camp at base, and that's precisely why I love it, It can be infuriating at times, but sieges are a lot of fun to do on these maps and very satisfying when you pull them off :)
You obviously do not watch tbnr frags if you thinking this map campings an all time low

vtiger5

Aug 2, 2016
You obviously do not watch tbnr frags if you thinking this map campings an all time low
I really don't have the patience for let's players, so no. Everything in my post has been based off of experience and my clan's experience, And we've always at least seen 1 team trying it.

Coder01

Nov 25, 2016
if you put some sandstone in the top of the magic map, the water will flow down everywhere and it is very annoying. If you could fix this it would be much appreciated
Capture 011.PNG

->
Capture 010.PNG

=
Capture 009.PNG

Reactions: Mr_Riolu_

Ren_Gecks

Oct 24, 2016
Favourites:
Space (Team)
- You can go so many ways to break eggs.
Magic (Team) - It is really easy to go to an enemy's egg and kill them.

Least Favourite:
Treehouse (Team) - Getting the egg is too difficult.
Dwarven (Team) - People keep on camping even though their egg is broken and they are the last ones alive.

CoolCreep167

Nov 27, 2016
Favourites:
Space (Team)
- I love the fact that there is a secret diamond generator, makes you explore, like REAL space.
UnderdaSea (Team) - I just LOVE this map! My favorite one ever with no reason.
Steampunk (Solo)
- MID IS AMAZING. DONE.
Mine (Solo) - THE BEST SOLO MAP EVA

Least favourite:
Oriental (Team) -
Seems just like any other one. Nothing special to it.
Vegeatables (Team) - Too much detail with heads, and obstacles everywhere to get a good clean fight <----- Same as the example.

Previous ones:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/duels-maps-give-us-feedback.120741/#post-513434[/QUOTE]

CoolCreep167

Nov 27, 2016
oh no everybody is gonna hate on me for this :(

Favourites:
Mine
Snowy
Tropical
Underdasea
Fairground
Kingdom
Space

Least Favourites:
Construstion
Vegetables
Teaparty
Rome
Storm
Area 51

Sorry there are no details here I wrote this in a rush, obviously I like close bracket system maps and camping maps(I'm an all around guy, altho I hate any map where I'm against buildbuild25 or ShadyUnder :p)

DUDE EXACT SAME ALMOST. Although, I don't like Fairground and I DO like construction.

bys1

Aug 10, 2016
Home
Favourite: (1 = best map)
1. Mine - Unique layout, nice to play on and almost no campers.
2. Snowy - Nice clean map and almost no campers.
3. Stronghold - Very nice map, good island layout and no campers.
4. Candy - Nice map, unique layout, but the islands should be a few blocks bigger and on some islands the villager is too close to the egg so you can't properly surround it with blocks.
5. Construction - I like this map and it's nice to play, but the cranes are way too high and there are many campers. You should really keep this map in, but there should also be some changes.

Least favourite: (1 = worst map)
1. Steampunk - This map is ugly, has a bad layout, there's no room to PvP and I don't like the middle islands.
2. Nightmare - Way too big, and generators are positioned on horrible places.
3. End - The fact that there are bridges to mid already is horrible. The map doesn't look that cool and players can destroy your egg way too fast.
4. Safari - There already are bridges to mid so players can break your egg way too fast. Islands are too big.
5. Village - I like the idea and the map looks pretty good, but the player islands are too small and middle island is way too big.

Suggestions:
- Desert/Egypt - A Desert-themed map with a layout like stronghold with some Desert temple on mid.
- Space - Ufo's as player islands with the earth as middle island.

Top Bottom