Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Just be smart about how you bridge. Build supports and safe areas around you so you can't get knocked.
Camping is against the rules, don't you want to do anything to prevent them from camping? Or do you prefer just banning people who most likely don't even know it's against the rules...

NorwaySun

Nov 8, 2015
Camping is against the rules, don't you want to do anything to prevent them from camping? Or do you prefer just banning people who most likely don't even know it's against the rules...
Here is the urban dictionary definition of camping:
"The Act of staying in one spot in a map in a first person shooter video game to gain a tactical advantage over an enemy or group of enemies."

It sounds like the people GodlyGamer (OP) is complaining about are people on their island correct? I don't think a lone player sitting on their island getting resources would have the tactical advantage.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Is building a huge fort around the island considered camping? Because then I can't play the way I like most on space:p
Camping is when you stay on your island basically forever which would make it almost impossible for other players to kill you/break your egg... So if you build a huge fort on your island and you stay on your island, its considered camping...

NorwaySun

Nov 8, 2015
The urban dictionary is a horrible site to use as a dictionary..
Okay, so which definition of camping from the Merriam-Webster's dictionary do you prefer?:

a : a place usually away from urban areas where tents or simple buildings (as cabins) are erected for shelter or for temporary residence (as for laborers, prisoners, or vacationers)

b : a group of tents, cabins, or huts <fishing camps along the river>

c : a settlement newly sprung up in a lumbering or mining region

d : a place usually in the country for recreation or instruction often during the summer

e : a preseason training session for athletes <the star pitcher injured in camp this spring>
a : a body of persons encamped

b (1) : a group of persons; especially : a group engaged in promoting or defending a theory, doctrine, position, or person (2) : an ideological position

Urban dictionary may not have some edition sitting on a shelf in the library, but it gives the correct definition of the word in the way we use it.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Because then it could be considered defending your egg. I wouldn't leave my egg unprotected if I was the last person on my team, and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't either.
I would leave my island, even if I was the last person on my team with my egg... Also that barely ever happens, only if your other teammates leave the game... So you believe it should be allowed for people to just wait the whole game watching the bridge and shooting off anyone who comes across it... Kind of ruins the game in my opinion...

NorwaySun

Nov 8, 2015
Also that barely ever happens
I beg to differ. People bail in the middle of the game all the time. Usually without any explanation or heads up.

So you believe it should be allowed for people to just wait the whole game watching the bridge and shooting off anyone who comes across it..
If they are a single person, up against a team of 2 or more, yes. They should be allowed to do that. It's an effective winning strategy. Shoot the people coming to your base, and then rush theirs.

shooting off anyone who comes across it
I've said it before in this thread, and I'll say it again: LEARN TO BUILD SAFER BRIDGES. I seriously can't believe people have trouble building safe bridges over to other islands.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
I beg to differ. People bail in the middle of the game all the time. Usually without any explanation or heads up.

If they are a single person, up against a team of 2 or more, yes. They should be allowed to do that. It's an effective winning strategy. Shoot the people coming to your base, and then rush theirs.

I've said it before in this thread, and I'll say it again: LEARN TO BUILD SAFER BRIDGES. I seriously can't believe people have trouble building safe bridges over to other islands.
pretty sure you are the biggest camper ever and you've probably never left your island according to your messages... It's against the rules to camp and do the things you talk about, and it ruins the game for a lot of people and almost everyone wants the games to be fair... It also still is pretty annoying to build a "safe" bridge when you get shot at by everyone on the opposite team and after that you also have to kill them all and possibly break their egg...

Maybe let a new villager shop spawn after 20-30 minutes in the middle with better gear/weapons or enderpearls and whatever... So it would be worth to not camp and it would be easier for the people who have to beat the campers to beat them...

Reactions: Sophie

NorwaySun

Nov 8, 2015
pretty sure you are the biggest camper ever and you've probably never left your island according to your messages...
You know ABSOLUTELY nothing about me or my playing style. The only reasons I'm defending what you think is "camping" is because First: I personally think "banning people for camping, but not for teaming" doesn't make sense what so ever. Secondly: @iLoveYouu I don't think you get what actual camping is versus defending your egg.
It also still is pretty annoying to build a "safe" bridge when you get shot at by everyone on the opposite team and after that you also have to kill them all and possibly break their egg
It may be annoying but it's doable. Maybe not for someone with your skill set, but its do able.
So it would be worth to not camp and it would be easier for the people who have to beat the campers to beat them...
It also still is pretty annoying to build a "safe" bridge when you get shot at by everyone on the opposite team
You are just looking for ways to make the game easier. Some eggwars games are easy and some aren't. That's what I like about this game, that it's always unpredictable. Don't change the way the game is played because a few people like you are too lazy to actually try. Not every win should be handed to you on a silver platter. Sometimes you have to put a little effort into it.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
You know ABSOLUTELY nothing about me or my playing style. The only reasons I'm defending what you think is "camping" is because First: I personally think "banning people for camping, but not for teaming" doesn't make sense what so ever. Secondly: @iLoveYouu I don't think you get what actual camping is versus defending your egg.
camping
The Act of staying in one spot in a map in a first person shooter video game to gain a tactical advantage over an enemy or group of enemies.
^ The one spot being your island...
It may be annoying but it's doable. Maybe not for someone with your skill set, but its do able.
I'm pretty sure I have better skills at the game and most likely better statistics...
You are just looking for ways to make the game easier. Some eggwars games are easy and some aren't. That's what I like about this game, that it's always unpredictable. Don't change the way the game is played because a few people like you are too lazy to actually try. Not every win should be handed to you on a silver platter. Sometimes you have to put a little effort into it.
I'm trying to look for ways so people won't have a massive advantage above others by camping which is against the rules... I'm too lazy to actually try? Says the guy who is what you call it "defending" the whole game... You're staying on your island waiting for people to come to you so you can hit them off, and I am lazy because I'm actually trying to fight everyone and break their eggs? I have an average of around 15-20 kills every game... And that is without spawn killing... I understand if you want to protect your egg with obsidian or just defend it for a bit if somebody is building a bridge or crossing yours, but if you're waiting the whole game at your bridge for people to cross it or whatever then you're just camping and you should be punished.... It doesn't make sense to you that people get punished for camping and not for teaming? Maybe it's because camping ruins the game and the game is based off teaming? If they didn't like teams, they probably wouldn't have made it a team game....

NorwaySun

Nov 8, 2015
Says the guy who is what you call it "defending" the whole game
Again. YOU DON'T KNOW HOW I PLAY.
If they didn't like teams, they probably wouldn't have made it a team game....
I'm talking about cross teaming. Like in solo skywars, when 2 friends join together and kill everyone else.
camping ruins the game
Camping does no ruin the game. It just pisses people like you off.
I am lazy because I'm actually trying to fight everyone and break their eggs?
No, you are lazy because you don't want to spend time building a safe bridge.
The Act of staying in one spot in a map in a first person shooter video game to gain a tactical advantage over an enemy or group of enemies
I don't think a lone player on their island with a bunch of people attacking him has the "tactical adventage"
but if you're waiting the whole game at your bridge for people to cross it or whatever
Yeah I don't play this way. I'm out there trying to break eggs them same as you.
I'm pretty sure I have better skills at the game and most likely better statistics...
You keep telling yourself that.

Last edited:

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
pretty sure you are the biggest camper ever and you've probably never left your island according to your messages... It's against the rules to camp and do the things you talk about, and it ruins the game for a lot of people and almost everyone wants the games to be fair... It also still is pretty annoying to build a "safe" bridge when you get shot at by everyone on the opposite team and after that you also have to kill them all and possibly break their egg...

Maybe let a new villager shop spawn after 20-30 minutes in the middle with better gear/weapons or enderpearls and whatever... So it would be worth to not camp and it would be easier for the people who have to beat the campers to beat them...
That villager idea is actually really good

Respectively

Nov 10, 2015
Pakistan
Okay, so which definition of camping from the Merriam-Webster's dictionary do you prefer?:

a : a place usually away from urban areas where tents or simple buildings (as cabins) are erected for shelter or for temporary residence (as for laborers, prisoners, or vacationers)

b : a group of tents, cabins, or huts <fishing camps along the river>

c : a settlement newly sprung up in a lumbering or mining region

d : a place usually in the country for recreation or instruction often during the summer

e : a preseason training session for athletes <the star pitcher injured in camp this spring>
a : a body of persons encamped

b (1) : a group of persons; especially : a group engaged in promoting or defending a theory, doctrine, position, or person (2) : an ideological position

Urban dictionary may not have some edition sitting on a shelf in the library, but it gives the correct definition of the word in the way we use it.

I'd rather use a online dictionary from a company who does physical dictionaries; usually because it's not a write-what-you-think here typa thing.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
UncleSpect wrote on Gokhan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Frontlane's profile.
That's an interesting tag in your name.
GiGaGekkies wrote on deoxyq's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Shamel's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom