Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you think?

• I'm all for more stat tracking and better leaderboards!

• I'm all for more stat tracking, but I could care less about leaderboards.

• I'm all for better/more leaderboards, but I could care less about stat tracking

• I'm not interested in either suggestion.

• I like one/both ideas, but I think I have a better way to implement them.

Results are only viewable after voting.

AmbroseWaketon

Novice Member
Sep 28, 2017
EDIT NOTE: This post has been modified significantly since its original posting. Please read through and make sure you understand the changes.

Hey all,

I believe that leaderboards should not be primarily based upon number of games played. Leaderboards should be a showcasing of each player's skill. Case in point: I am currently sitting at around #50 in the Solo Eggwars leaderboard. The player in the #1 spot, Eliza14, is a good player, but I would wager her stats are not as high as, for example, the player in the #2 spot, N3O_K4T4N4. His gameplay, as well as others in the top 20, is far better than Eliza's gameplay, and it shows in game. It would be nice for the leaderboards to reflect this.

Suggestions for resolution:
* Solo / Team leaderboards are scored based on an algorithm that accounts for all relevant "skill markers".

I've actually taken the time to write out what I believe would amount to a reasonable algorithm for scoring players based on overall skill.

A few terms to clarify:

* finalKDR - final Kills / final Deaths
* EKR - Egg Kill Ratio - eggs Killed / eggs Lost
* FW - Flawless Wins, or games won without losing your egg - ( wins - eggsLost )

Code:
( 10 * ( wins / player level ) ) * ( ( finalKDR + EKR ) / WLR ) + 10( FW )

Additionally, new players would have to complete 250 matches to begin qualifying for a position on the leaderboard. Note that this is "games played" not "games won". The reason for these "qualifying matches" is to give the algorithm enough data to accurately compare the skill of experienced players vs new players on the leaderboard without significant bias.

This change would require the addition of a new stat, Eggs Lost, to the stats page, which leads to my second suggestion...

* Track additional statistics pertaining to gameplay in the player stats page

* Automatic Kill/Death Ratio listing
* Automatic Win/Loss Ratio listing
* Final Kills
* Final Deaths
* Winstreak
* Best Winstreak

Last edited:

_JoSee

Dedicated Member
Jul 22, 2016
United States
reports.cubecraft.net
Hey all,

Just a simple suggestion here. It would be really nice to have more stat tracking, especially for leaderboards. For example,

* Automatic Kill/Death Ratio listing
* Automatic Win/Loss Ratio listing
* Final Kills
* Final Deaths
* Winstreak
* Best Winstreak

Additionally, my personal opinion is that leaderboards should not be primarily based upon number of games played. Leaderboards should be a showcasing of each player's skill. Case in point: I am currently sitting at around #50 in the Solo Eggwars leaderboard. The player in the #1 spot, Eliza14, is a good player, but I would wager her stats are not as high as, for example, the player in the #2 spot, N3O_K4T4N4. His gameplay, as well as others in the top 20, is far better than Eliza's gameplay, and it shows in game. It would be nice for the leaderboards to reflect this.

Suggestions for resolution:
* Solo / Team leaderboards are scored based on an algorithm that accounts for all relevant "skill markers".
* Create separate leaderboards for Wins, Kills, WLR and KDR.

For sake of simplicity, I would lean towards the a single leaderboard approach rather than many smaller leaderboards.

You are basing yourself on developing more ways to extend the Leaderboard. In my opinion it would be good as in the past was SG had kills Leaderboard, and wins this idea could work in Kills and Wins.

AmbroseWaketon

Novice Member
Sep 28, 2017
I think I finally have a good formula for calculating leaderboard positions. OP has been updated to reflect new information, but it's also been posted here for new readers.

A few terms to clarify:

* finalKDR - final Kills / final Deaths
* EKR - Egg Kill Ratio - eggs Killed / eggs Lost
* FW - Flawless Wins, or games won without losing your egg - ( wins - eggsLost )

Code:
( 10 * ( wins / player level ) ) * ( ( finalKDR + EKR ) / WLR ) + 10( FW )

Additionally, new players would have to complete 250 matches to begin qualifying for a position on the leaderboard. Note that this is "games played" not "games won". The reason for these "qualifying matches" is to give the algorithm enough data to accurately compare the skill of experienced players vs new players on the leaderboard without significant bias.

This also means the only new statistic that needs tracked is Eggs Lost, so less effort needs to be spent on stat tracking.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Goodnight everyone <3
Tommy Boi wrote on libraryaddict's profile.
Do you still work here?
I changed my profile pic…
It’s pool time! 🌊
Daily question no 14, what is your favourite soft drink?
Top Bottom