Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you want to see from emerald generators?

• Team upgrades (Permanent potion effects like strength and haste)

Votes: 71 65.1%
  • Temporary effects (Potions like speed for a limited amount of time, like 5 mins)

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • Random powerful items

Votes: 36 33.0%
  • They are fine as they currently are

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Other (Please explain by replying to this thread)

Votes: 9 8.3%

• Total voters

rubik_cube_man

game maker
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 20, 2013
Here's the problem: Some of these effects just wouldn't work. There's also no way to fight mid campers with Ender pearls. Most of the time when you fight mid campers you're stuck without a diamond gen. Therefore, we need something with gold that can fight mid campers effectively. I'd personally recommend adding a 1 minute invisiblity potion so we can try to sneak our way over a bridge - or stack them to try to build a wider bridge across. Just make sure the name tags aren't visible.

Also, thank you for finally adding Ender pearls to normal mode. Now to discuss the potion thingies and more stuff about mid camping:

Potions really have more negatives than positives. Let me explain:

Let's cover speed first. Speed may not seem too bad, if it weren't for one thing. You actually move faster without jumping if you have speed than with jumping. This doesn't seem too bad, but it becomes problematic quickly. Chasing people down would be a NIGHTMARE as they're moving faster than you AND they're losing less hunger. Therefore, speed

If you can come up with a way to counter campers at middle, then I'd happily implement it, but if there at middle, they have access to all generators, they technically should have more power than you and the next move should be up to them.

Adding invisibility so you can "sneak" up on them would be way to powerful. Mostly because if there was invisibility, protecting you egg would be pretty much impossible, as you can just sneak around islands and break eggs.

So I stand by my point, if there is a team that is just staying at mid, it should be their responsibility to come and attack your egg sooner, if they're not attacking your egg and focusing on protecting their egg, then they're simply playing by the rules of the game. If you don't like this style of game play, I suggest that you play on a different map, for example a map with more islands that offers the options to bridge sideways to other islands rather than directly towards the middle.

As for the speed effect, nothing has been confirmed, from discussions that I've had speed effect will not an obtainable effect. The things I'm thinking are more like: Strength, jump boost, regeneration after a kill, haste, absorption and reduced hunger loss. Feel free to comment on these effects if you would like changes making.

Reactions: Guinchuu

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
The specifics of what exact potions we'll be adding haven't fully been decided yet, however we'll ensure that they're not going to mean you dominate the game. As I mentioned in the post, I'd say stuff like strength may be added, however we'll nerf it so that it doesn't grant you a 130% damage boost. If you have any suggestions for what we should add, feel free to let me know. If you also want tiers of upgrades, feel free to suggest ideas for that too :eek:
2 Ideas:
  1. Potion/Effects shop tiers: Can be upgraded with 32 diamonds to level 1, 64 to level 2 and 96 to level 3 (like the generators). Each tier will have more powerful effects, and will also unlock other potion effects (For instance, Level 1: speed and haste. Level 2: Speed, haste, jump boost, protection. Level 3: Speed, haste, jump boost, protection strength).
  2. And this:
    What about purchasing a random item?

When you purchase it, with emeralds, you will get a totally random item. It can be from a carrot, it can be an iron axe or even it can be a diamond chestplate (A random item picked from all items avalaible in the match)

rubik_cube_man

game maker
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 20, 2013
2 Ideas:
  1. Potion/Effects shop tiers: Can be upgraded with 32 diamonds to level 1, 64 to level 2 and 96 to level 3 (like the generators). Each tier will have more powerful effects, and will also unlock other potion effects (For instance, Level 1: speed and haste. Level 2: Speed, haste, jump boost, protection. Level 3: Speed, haste, jump boost, protection strength).
  2. And this:

As much as I'd love to have everything upgradable, I feel there becomes a point where a game becomes too complex. EggWars itself is a fairly simple game, with very complex strategies. I believe that it will become a less popular game if we start introducing too many complex rules, as new players wont fully understand how to play.

As for making it so that you can purchase a random item, I feel as though for now we need 1 reason for Emeralds, and make that use for Emeralds very good. I also struggle to see how this would be useful, it might help you get a very powerful item, however most of the time you'll most likely just end up with stone tools or leather armour, and as Emeralds are hard to obtain, you would be expecting better.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
As much as I'd love to have everything upgradable, I feel there becomes a point where a game becomes too complex. EggWars itself is a fairly simple game, with very complex strategies. I believe that it will become a less popular game if we start introducing too many complex rules, as new players wont fully understand how to play
Mhhhm, that's true.
As for making it so that you can purchase a random item, I feel as though for now we need 1 reason for Emeralds, and make that use for Emeralds very good. I also struggle to see how this would be useful, it might help you get a very powerful item, however most of the time you'll most likely just end up with stone tools or leather armour, and as Emeralds are hard to obtain, you would be expecting better
Maybe adjusting it like 'bets'? Let's say, 1 Emerald = 10% of chances to get a powerful item, 2=15%, 3=20%, 5=40%, 10=50%
Or
Another ability, called "Lucky", every level will upgrade your chances in an x% of getting a powerful item, being the maximum a 70%

If you need help, tell me :P

T

The Lord Pleb

I will tell you what I think of the emerald generators:
To me, honestly, it seems to me that the emerald generators take too long to reproduce emeralds and I think it would be nice to increase it, even a level 3 would be good!
Another thing I think is that it does not give much in Overpowered Items, I BELIEVE (I have not had time to look at it) that only gives the diamond armor with protection of projectiles. Another thing, the reach of the generator: A suggestion, is that you are in the middle the emeralds are generated and if you leave the stop generating, what do I mean by this?
Imagine, the UnderDaSea map. The center is not that it is the biggest in the world, but it gives for a lot since there are enough generators, the radius of the emerald generator is very low, and it would be good if the radius was to the limit of the middle island. If you pass a block stops generating, if you do not pass, it is still generated. That would be so on every map. What I have voted has been the infinite effects, but not those that are put, if not the ones we want, for example to buy some potions in the store and give you the effect, but infinite. Some possible effects: Speed, Jump boost, Regeneration...
I liked that the Staffs created this post!:)

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
If you can come up with a way to counter campers at middle, then I'd happily implement it, but if there at middle, they have access to all generators, they technically should have more power than you and the next move should be up to them.
Perhaps I was a bit unclear with what the invisiblity actually does. As soon as you leave your own island and touch another one, the invisibility instantly ends. You also can't be wearing any armor while invisible, so two hits with a good bow and you're done for (note that you can still see them holding stuff)

Another idea is to add a system that throws a disaster at middle sometimes - although I think this should be added to every map, emeralds or not, as a discouragement for mid camping. You might say "That's the entire point of the emeralds" but trust me, once a team establishes control of mid it's nearly impossible to take it back from them. Mid camping as it is is already a broken strategy and I don't think it should become any more broken - in fact I actually think it should be discouraged if anything. Some of these disasters could be potholes, which open up at random spots and throw people into the void if they're not careful. You could also have a meteor shower, which does little damage but MASSIVE knockback

Note: Disasters would only occur if one team stands at middle for 8+ minutes without any other teams being there. If other teams come, the clock is reset.

Now for some of the potions. Strength is probably a bit too OP to be straight up bought in hardcore and normal mode. A 40% strength is still a lot - increasing the base axe damage to 12.6 and the base diamond sword to 9.8 in normal mode. So here's what I think the strength should be:

Hardcore: Not Available (Too broken considering you can't naturally regen)
Normal: +1.2 Damage or 15% (16 Emeralds)
OP: +2.5 Damage or 30% (16)

Absorption Hearts:
Hardcore: +1 (10)
Normal: +2 (10)
OP: +3 (10)

Regen after Kill:
Hardcore: Regen 1 3 Sec. (8)
Normal: Regen 1 7 Sec. (8)
OP: Regen 2 5 Sec. (6)

Jump Boost (This can be toggled - many people like me don't like having jump boost) : All jump Boost 1
Hardcore: (8)
Normal: (7)
OP: (5)

Haste:
Hardcore: Haste 1 (6)
Normal: Haste 2 (6)
OP: Haste 2 (3)

Now for something a bit more... crazy. THE MYSTERY POTION!

Buyable for 10 emeralds regardless of mode, this is for people willing to press their luck a bit. When drinking this potion, you have a 65% chance of a good affect engulfing your team and a 35% chance of either giving another team a good effect or giving your team a negative one. This can help give you potions that are otherwise unavailable during the mode. It also increases the effects of positive potions slightly. But, it can give you negative effects as well! I'll give some more detail in a little bit - my lunch break is over at school.

So, this potion can do a whole load of random stuff - including a 4% chance of a positive disaster and a 4% chance of a negative disaster. Here's a list:

Positive:

Strength (12%):
Hardcore: +1 Damage or 12.5%
Normal: +2 Damage or 25%
OP: +4 Damage or 45%

Mining Haste (10%):
Hardcore: Haste II
Normal: Haste III
OP: Haste V

Absorption (10%):
Hardcore: +1.5 Hearts
Normal: +3 Hearts
OP: +4.5 Hearts

Speed (Toggleable, 8% - OP Only)
Speed 1 for OP mode

Extra Hunger Gains (8% - HC + Normal Only)
Hardcore: 10% Increase
Normal: 25% Increase

Reduced Hunger Loss (10%)
Hardcore: 15% Reduction
Normal: 25% Reduction
OP: 40% Reduction

Give weakness or blindness to another team (11%)

Sudden Death (4%) - All eggs (except yours) are broken

Negative Effects:

Weakness (7%)
Hardcore: -1 Damage
Normal: -1.4 Damage
OP: -2.2 Damage

Blindness I (7%)

Increased Hunger Loss (5%)
Hardcore: +15% Loss
Normal: +25% Loss
OP: +40% Loss

Health Loss (5%)
All -1 heart

Random Positive Effect to another Team (7%)

Automatic Egg Loss or Instant Death (depends on Egg Status) (4%)

Tags: @KronosReeper @Gainfullterror @Nikoshka @rubik_cube_man @TheJeroen

Last edited:

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Imagine, the UnderDaSea map. The center is not that it is the biggest in the world, but it gives for a lot since there are enough generators, the radius of the emerald generator is very low, and it would be good if the radius was to the limit of the middle island. If you pass a block stops generating, if you do not pass, it is still generated. That would be so on every map.
So basically anyone can mid-camp and block people out and just occassionally run out instead of needing to stand near it.

Sotis

Feb 14, 2016
Neverland
- Team upgrades (Permanent potion effects like strength and haste)
I like this idea the most,
I think it would be great because it would reward people for working as a team, by rewarding the entire team. Not to mention teamwork is one of the most essential things so it would be a neat addition. Although I like the other ideas too I think this suggestion is the one I would look forward the most to see get added.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Team upgrades (Permanent potion effects) - This was the most voted option in our poll, with more than 50% of people voting for it. These upgrades will be able to be purchased for emeralds that you can obtain from emerald generators. You would have to take the emeralds from the middle back to your island, and buy these upgrades from a specific shop.
This is one of those things that yes, will increase campers at middle, however you have to look at the game objectively; The objective is to defend your egg, not hold middle. Most games, you’ll be able to sneak to their egg if they’re defending middle and get them while they’re unaware of this. (Also stuff discussed later should help prevent them :D)
Note: These upgrades are most likely not going to be as powerful as potion effects. From my understanding Strength 1 grants a 130% damage increase, this is way too powerful, with these upgrades we would only grant maybe a 40% damage increase as not to make your team totally un-killable.

Yay! a good reason for people to camp mid & be rewarded for it, making it impossible to kill an iron guy if you have leather armor!
And am I the only one that believes this is somewhat out-of-element for Eggwars? Doesn't this just make it a camping fest for more games to come?
And is this the only perk? or is it just an example / teaser? So many questions!

Enders pearls for diamonds - Oh wow, have I seen a lot of requests for Ender pearls in normal mode. After discussing this with other staff, we’ve decided that a good starting price for Ender pearls in normal mode is 64 diamonds. You may be thinking that “But you can get diamonds on your own island” but we believe you should be able to get Ender pearls on your own island. Ender pearls should help players who have been cornered onto their own island to attack adjacent islands/middle, and further progress the game.
See, I'm pretty skeptical about it.
Sure, it can be a life-saver sometimes, but I have been in a few games where there people were constantly running with enderpearls, making the game last over 3 hours due to the amount of time wasted on gearing up and such. The only way I'd possibly be completely satisfied with it, would be to have it as a voting option. I understand that not everything can be something to vote for, I understand that the 3 hour games happen rarely, but those games were honestly maybe the worst matches I've ever done. In the end, I had wasted my entire day on a single guy running with enderpearls & being armored to the teeth.
Not many have experienced games like these, but it's honestly awful.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

rubik_cube_man

game maker
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 20, 2013
Yay! a good reason for people to camp mid & be rewarded for it, making it impossible to kill an iron guy if you have leather armor!
And am I the only one that believes this is somewhat out-of-element for Eggwars? Doesn't this just make it a camping fest for more games to come?
And is this the only perk? or is it just an example / teaser? So many questions!
This is currently an example, I'm trying to work on what players want mostly. I understand that they're are people who have this hate towards players who camp middle, and trying to figure out how to solve this issue, as in any of the games that you currently can play, holding middle is more rewarding, due to the high spawn rate of diamonds and other resources. As with the ideas for the emerald generators, all of them will require you to head back to your island to purchase anything.

See, I'm pretty skeptical about it.
Sure, it can be a life-saver sometimes, but I have been in a few games where there people were constantly running with enderpearls, making the game last over 3 hours due to the amount of time wasted on gearing up and such. The only way I'd possibly be completely satisfied with it, would be to have it as a voting option. I understand that not everything can be something to vote for, I understand that the 3 hour games happen rarely, but those games were honestly maybe the worst matches I've ever done. In the end, I had wasted my entire day on a single guy running with enderpearls & being armored to the teeth.
Not many have experienced games like these, but it's honestly awful.
How often do these games happen? If they got added would the advantages of being able to easily get to campers islands outweigh the disadvantages? Also, as discuss on the previous page, by JEFSWEATSGAMES, would adding a cooldown of a minute help, so they can teleport away, you can follow, and they won't be able to easily escape for a minute after that. Would you support an idea like that?

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I think that option 1 would be too overpowered, already spawn invincibility is too good as it is and giving perks such as strength and haste would be impossible to mine eggs, strength I makes the fist into almost a wood sword and with op attack speed. That doesn't even include haste speed or jump boost or resistance.
The potion idea is good but potions like sped make pvp annoying, besides, good potions make camping mid too op e.g. Strength, regen, jump boost causing a lot of mid camping however crappy potions like speed and haste are worthless promoting turtlers and no incentive to go mid.
Random powerful items seems kind of bland and what is going on right now.
I would say that currently the emerald items are pretty weak and take FOREVER to grind except for knocker shrooms or special arrows and blind potions. Either making armor cheaper or giving it protection I would make emeralds more useful and give a bigger incentive to get them.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
This is currently an example, I'm trying to work on what players want mostly. I understand that they're are people who have this hate towards players who camp middle, and trying to figure out how to solve this issue, as in any of the games that you currently can play, holding middle is more rewarding, due to the high spawn rate of diamonds and other resources. As with the ideas for the emerald generators, all of them will require you to head back to your island to purchase anything.
Sadly, I don't think there's a way to prevent mid-camping from happening, other than making the middle not too rewarding. The problem with that is that it would cause players to want to camp at their own island. As of right now, I don't think there's a known solution to mid-camping as a whole, BUT you can delay it by increasing the price of a punch bow, to which I completely agree.
One of the most common maps for mid camping in my experience is UnderDaSea. Since it has an emerald gen, adding extra value to it would encourage people to do it in a map like that. It's already easy enough to camp in general on that map, but I really don't want mid to be even more prone to mid camping than it already is.

How often do these games happen? If they got added would the advantages of being able to easily get to campers islands outweigh the disadvantages? Also, as discuss on the previous page, by JEFSWEATSGAMES, would adding a cooldown of a minute help, so they can teleport away, you can follow, and they won't be able to easily escape for a minute after that. Would you support an idea like that?
Sadly, if they have the cooldown, so do you. This means that they could just enderpearl, wait for you to find out, and run in the meanwhile. While running, they can setup a camp on another island & wait there for a long time. By the time you pearl, their timer would already almost be over.
This could make it appear less than it already does, but it doesn't mean they can't survive for that one minute before they start running again. Imagine them having more diamonds & ender pearls than you do. They'd be able to pearl more times, unlike you.
Keep this in mind though: I'm one of the very small amount of players that want it to be a voting option. Since majority wants it every game, they'll get it.
Heck, I might even be the only one that wants it as a voting feature. I don't hate it, but I'm still skeptical about it.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Sadly, I don't think there's a way to prevent mid-camping from happening, other than making the middle not too rewarding.
Invis and Levitation potions. Tada, there you go.
And no, it won't be a game of endless chasing because that's sole argument you always come up with, since levitating upwards and moving forward is pretty slow, thus making it easy to snipe the running player, and considering he's running because he's low HP, it won't require that many shots either.

Done, solved.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Invis and Levitation potions. Tada, there you go.
Problem with these 2 effects:
Sure, they may seem incredibly good on paper, but wouldn't you agree that campers would make use of this to just run from their island if someone pearled there? That'd mean that you'd have to make it to mid somehow, before you have to deal with them camping again. They didn't even need to spend diamonds on an ender pearl! If we were to take an E-pearl cooldown into account, this means that you'd have to wait a decent amount of time before you can pearl over, and having invis is risky yet powerful.
Risky, because: Power bows, almost insta-kill depending on the votes
Powerful, since it can easily be used to just walk up behind someone & bowspam them off.
And before you mention the extra handicaps that you suggest they add along with these effects, just try to think about how they could possibly start to code that. And IF they do, is it even worth the effort? These 2 items are so out of element, that they'll need a lot of work put into them for them to be ideal for everyone. It's just another solution that could be great, but fails in practice.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
As for the speed effect, nothing has been confirmed, from discussions that I've had speed effect will not an obtainable effect. The things I'm thinking are more like: Strength, jump boost, regeneration after a kill, haste, absorption and reduced hunger loss. Feel free to comment on these effects if you would like changes making.
I like the idea of strength, like I really like it. But for the love or everything holy please don't add a team jump boost, especially if there is no way to avoid it. If you do add it it would be nice if you could add a jump boost potion for like 2 iron that gives you like 2 seconds of jump boost to cancel it or something.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
+1 for number 1, can't wait to see it added, if it gets added :)
haste on the BEST pickaxe!!!
its a nice idea, i hope that this will be add +1
I'd really like to see number 2, that's also what I voted for. Lovely suggestion, Niko :)
I think, number 1 is a great idea!
Awesome! 1+2
@Nikoshka has Said that you must to give a reason. If you like an idea, you can vote . You dont must to say it in the comments. I hope you do it in future.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I voted for it and I like the idea because if it gets added and you do it for your team than it's teamwork. Teamwork.
It actually does literally JUST the opposite. It encourages your best player (or two) to camp the emerald gen while you have one run back and forth buying stuff. It just encourages mid camping - good teamwork is working together to rush. Literally anything you do is for your team in eggwars (except team killing lol)

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
It actually does literally JUST the opposite. It encourages your best player (or two) to camp the emerald gen while you have one run back and forth buying stuff. It just encourages mid camping - good teamwork is working together to rush. Literally anything you do is for your team in eggwars (except team killing lol)
Yeah, because I am a camp person? Don't think so.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thanks for everything Egg!! u was good staff member and good luck in the future! 🤍🥚
UncleSpect wrote on Robbedz's profile.
Thanks for everything rob! u was good designer! 🤍🙏
UncleSpect wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thank you for everything!
UncleSpect wrote on mitgobla's profile.
thanks for everything mit! 🙏
Frontlane wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thanks for everything Soul
Top Bottom