Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you want to see from emerald generators?

• Team upgrades (Permanent potion effects like strength and haste)

Votes: 71 65.1%
  • Temporary effects (Potions like speed for a limited amount of time, like 5 mins)

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • Random powerful items

Votes: 36 33.0%
  • They are fine as they currently are

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Other (Please explain by replying to this thread)

Votes: 9 8.3%

• Total voters

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
@Nikoshka has Said that you must to give a reason. If you like an idea, you can vote . You dont must to say it in the comments. I hope you do it in future.
This is something everyone does on the forums, if you like an idea you vote for it and say something in the comments and say +1 from that is why everyone does it, to show their support. But i will try not to do it in the future.

nBas

Novice Member
May 31, 2017
The Netherlands
I voted for 2, because I think temporary potions are to OP like other people said. Temporary potions are the best I think :)

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
*sigh* And which direction are you shooting them to in this scenario?
The chances of them being shot from mid or another island is pretty slim.
I also mentioned something along the lines of this: They only need to use (example) 32 gold to get to mid, while you need to use 64 diamonds to go to follow them if they have a bow waiting for you. I don't really see the "balanced" in this, keeping the special flight regions in mind.

It actually does literally JUST the opposite. It encourages your best player (or two) to camp the emerald gen while you have one run back and forth buying stuff. It just encourages mid camping - good teamwork is working together to rush. Literally anything you do is for your team in eggwars (except team killing lol)
I wouldn't quite say that it does the opposite, but it rather doesn't influence teamwork at all. I doubt that there would even be a noticeable difference in teamwork.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I'm just going to write this message to everyone on this thread as an attempt for them to see just how bad mid camping is. First, let's compare the processes of dealing with an ordinary base camper and dealing with a mid camper.

Base Campers:
1. Gear up to iron armor - will only take one minute with resources at mid
2. Ender Pearl (it's getting added in the next update in normal mode) or Safe Bridge
3. Kill them - they shouldn't be difficult
  • Break the egg as well obviously

Mid Campers:
1. Get out of your island
  • 1. Gear up enough so that you can't be knocked out with just 2 power bow shots
  • 2. Try to get across the bridge to middle
  • 3. You can't try to go to another island - the mid campers will just come break your egg and destroy you
  • 4. Make sure someone is constantly guarding your bridge - otherwise they'll get your egg
2. Find a way to mid
  • You still have to watch for power bows - they'll destroy you
  • TnT Cannons have no use, and they're not cost efficient without diamonds
  • Ender Pearls not available - you don't have a diamond gen!
  • You can't fight back - you can't get bows
  • Splitting up will get you killed - you can't stop them from attacking without bows
3. Fight!
  • You're severely outgeared - you'll likely get destroyed
  • Strength effect will kill you in 2 hits
  • You may be outnumbered as your teammates may have ragequit
  • Attacking their egg won't work - why would they care?
  • These people are generally much better than your ordinary base camper - you need some skill to take the emeralds!
  • They could always just run if you end up overwhelming them - you won't be able to kill them

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Okay, so I’ve been reading all your replies to this post, trying to put together a plan of action to improve EggWars as much as we can, to accommodate for everyones opinions. This is the list of ideas that I’ve gathered and tweaked so that we can have the best for everyone, as well as trying to solve peoples issues that they have encountered during games.
  1. Team upgrades (Permanent potion effects) - This was the most voted option in our poll, with more than 50% of people voting for it. These upgrades will be able to be purchased for emeralds that you can obtain from emerald generators. You would have to take the emeralds from the middle back to your island, and buy these upgrades from a specific shop.
    This is one of those things that yes, will increase campers at middle, however you have to look at the game objectively; The objective is to defend your egg, not hold middle. Most games, you’ll be able to sneak to their egg if they’re defending middle and get them while they’re unaware of this. (Also stuff discussed later should help prevent them :D)
    Note: These upgrades are most likely not going to be as powerful as potion effects. From my understanding Strength 1 grants a 130% damage increase, this is way too powerful, with these upgrades we would only grant maybe a 40% damage increase as not to make your team totally un-killable.
  2. Enders pearls for diamonds - Oh wow, have I seen a lot of requests for Ender pearls in normal mode. After discussing this with other staff, we’ve decided that a good starting price for Ender pearls in normal mode is 64 diamonds. You may be thinking that “But you can get diamonds on your own island” but we believe you should be able to get Ender pearls on your own island. Ender pearls should help players who have been cornered onto their own island to attack adjacent islands/middle, and further progress the game.
  3. Increasing the price of the punch bow - We’ve also come to the conclusion that the punch bow in some cases can be a little annoying. After talking with the staff, with the addition of Ender pearls and things, it’ll only have limited use. We don’t want it to be one of those things that’s bought out early on in the game. We discussed upping the price up to 25 diamonds, as to delay the existence of the bow in the game.
Anyway, I hope you’ve had time to read through this and decide if you like the sound of these changes. I would also like to clarify this, we are NOT going to suddenly add Emerald generators too all maps, they’ll remain on the maps that they are currently on, but will not appear on any more maps, unless we get high demand for more of them. The current uses of Emerald generators we also plan to remove to make way for the new features. Please leave your feedback below, even if you agree with everything please reply below, as I want to just see how many people agree/disagree. If you could forward this post onto other people, I would like to gather as much feedback as possible, that’d be amazing!

TL;DR
  • Emeralds - You can buy team upgrades from your island like a 40% damage increase
  • Ender pearls - 64 diamonds in normal mode
  • Punch bow - Increase price to 25 diamonds
  • To clarify: Emerald generators will not be added too all maps
  • Please reply with feedback and share

Those ender pearls in normal mode should be added, I would love to see it so +1 for that. Not too happy to see the punch bow get increased up to 25 as that is the only way you can get close to stopping someone from rushing your island. I do like the fact that you can get team upgrades +1 for that.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
*sigh* And which direction are you shooting them to in this scenario?
You EP to their base, they use levitation potions to get away from their base you just landed on, therefore you shoot them in the back.
They only need to use (example) 32 gold to get to mid, while you need to use 64 diamonds to go to follow them if they have a bow waiting for you. I don't really see the "balanced" in this, keeping the special flight regions in mind.
I want nothing to do with these "special flight regions", they just add unnecessary complexity.
You can also use 32/64 gold to go to their island.
"follow them" to what exactly? Levitating forward is pretty slow and when you have a target in the middle of the air which is not able to move that well, it won't be very difficult to put a few arrows into them.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
You EP to their base, they use levitation potions to get away from their base you just landed on, therefore you shoot them in the back.
So in conclusion: you're shooting them to mid. They'll end up at mid regardless of whether you shoot them or not if they use levitation.

I want nothing to do with these "special flight regions", they just add unnecessary complexity.
You can also use 32/64 gold to go to their island.
"follow them" to what exactly? Levitating forward is pretty slow and when you have a target in the middle of the air which is not able to move that well, it won't be very difficult to put a few arrows into them.
My bad, I thought you were the one that mentioned those zones.
So judging by what we've said, a levitation potion is basically equal to an enderpearl, but slightly more dangerous, Correct?
What's the point of giving it a value that's worth close to nothing? What if players use these to rush islands? It's pretty much worth a full layer of obsidian in normal mode (x64 gold), making it completely overpowered for its price.

Hypixel Network

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2017
Day tie doesnt suit nightname ord be nice if you could change a bit to make the game pretty.

Coloured leather

Full update to 1.12

Concrete blocks (team colour)

Replace sandstone with red sandstone for halloween

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
So in conclusion: you're shooting them to mid.
power bows. not punch bows. I'm sure it takes less hits to kill them than it takes hits to knock them to mid, excluding the fall that they have to make to land.
So judging by what we've said, a levitation potion is basically equal to an enderpearl, but slightly more dangerous, Correct?
No. If someone has a bow and you only use levitation potions, you're a dead man. If you want to do it without being guaranteed to die in the process, you'd have to buy invis as well which makes the price 64 gold, which also makes it not completely overpowered for it's price.
Sure, players can use the 32 gold to rush islands, if the enemy doesn't have bows, but in that case, the 32 gold could better be spent on weapons. So no, it's not completely overpowered for it's price.
What's the point of giving it a value that's worth close to nothing?
Having a way to combat mid campers without having access to diamonds, since reaching mid is the primary problem:
Mid Campers:
1. Get out of your island
  • 1. Gear up enough so that you can't be knocked out with just 2 power bow shots
  • 2. Try to get across the bridge to middle
  • 3. You can't try to go to another island - the mid campers will just come break your egg and destroy you
  • 4. Make sure someone is constantly guarding your bridge - otherwise they'll get your egg
2. Find a way to mid
  • You still have to watch for power bows - they'll destroy you
  • TnT Cannons have no use, and they're not cost efficient without diamonds
  • Ender Pearls not available - you don't have a diamond gen!
  • You can't fight back - you can't get bows
  • Splitting up will get you killed - you can't stop them from attacking without bows
3. Fight!
  • You're severely outgeared - you'll likely get destroyed
  • Strength effect will kill you in 2 hits
  • You may be outnumbered as your teammates may have ragequit
  • Attacking their egg won't work - why would they care?
  • These people are generally much better than your ordinary base camper - you need some skill to take the emeralds!
  • They could always just run if you end up overwhelming them - you won't be able to kill them

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
power bows. not punch bows. I'm sure it takes less hits to kill them than it takes hits to knock them to mid, excluding the fall that they have to make to land.
How much do you see people using a power bow over a punch bow currently? I see one about one in every 80 or so games maybe. This may be different on your perspective, you may use these a lot, but do you expect people to bring a power bow everywhere?
And falling down isn't too hard, as they'd probably have a handful of regular golden apples.
Also: What about the mid campers that were supposed to be countered with this? You wouldn't survive the bowing OR the fall according to that.

Having a way to combat mid campers without having access to diamonds, since reaching mid is the primary problem:
According to all of what he said, killing them is next to impossible if they're above average. Especially if they team on you or run away. Unless they make a huge mistake, like slipping off the edge, you have little chance of defeating them.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
How much do you see people using a power bow over a punch bow currently? I see one about one in every 80 or so games maybe. This may be different on your perspective, you may use these a lot, but do you expect people to bring a power bow everywhere?
1. Considering the punch bow is probably going to cost more, yes.
2. Considering I actually see a lot of people doing this, yes.
3. Considering you just pointed out this problem and others will too, yes.
And falling down isn't too hard, as they'd probably have a handful of regular golden apples.
Depends on the distance really. Aztec will be different from Toys.
Also: What about the mid campers that were supposed to be countered with this? You wouldn't survive the bowing OR the fall according to that.
Invis potions. If you do it correctly they won't see you coming, whilst if you chase someone this obviously wouldn't work.
According to all of what he said, killing them is next to impossible if they're above average. Especially if they team on you or run away. Unless they make a huge mistake, like slipping off the edge, you have little chance of defeating them.
Then suggest something better than lev and invis potions.

XD_rik_XD

Novice Member
Jun 1, 2017
Permanent team effects is accualy a good odea bc that adds more strategy to do in games.

I am a strategy man and most of the 1.9 pvp players are also more strategy players so its a really good idea in my opinion

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I'm going to tag absolutely everyone that commented on this post so that this post gets everyone's attention. It's going to be a completely alternative option.
@Nikoshka @Jackxist @Luminated Underpants @Fariss @10Joethegamer01 @Scottness @DontFearMe @1arthur10 @HangarGeek @DodelijkeNoob @iCheeetah

I know there's no way I'll convince you but: @Dotsially

Continuing: @Ahs_Master @lars.l @TheBrownster904 @TriangleAttack @_TheBigPunisher_ @NoMercyBroken @Soeshi @Perdei @ItsDavey_ @Jefsweatsgames
@HScrozzy @ElPtricko @Wintrie

The man @rubik_cube_man

Continuing: @BeastyIsPvp @Siftenly @iTzDavid12

And the two people I need the most: @KronosReeper @Gainfullterror

Instead of encouraging an extremely broken strategy, how about we reward people that instead of mindlessly camping mid, take risks to try to take control of another island!

Let me explain a game I was in. I explained this in my "Mid Camping" thread as well.

The first game like this was on a game of dwarven, normal and normal as usual. I chose blue team and attacked red with a wood sword and nothing else. I got them by surprise and easily wiped them clean. Seeing that orange was fighting over iron, a grabbed leather and quickly speed bridged over to orange. Another easy team elimination. We were only about 3-4 minutes into the game. Seeing that green was doing a bit better, I decided to use orange's mid bridge to gear up a bit. But I was stopped by pink! Now understand - we had complete control of our own base, red, and orange. But because pink held just one island - middle - they had a complete monopoly over resource control. Green was a fairly good team - they too were trying to attack pink but were not having any success as they didn't rush anyone and had to get out of their own island (they had a bridge to mid). Yellow was proving to be no help as they were just loading up on obsidian.

So, my first plan of action was to try to help green out of bit as they were dead stuck at their home island (it's way worse if you try to mid rush instead of making sure you have an escape by rushing another team). In order to do this, I attempted an attack on yellow. I went to orange, having to avoid lots of power bow shots, and went up the tower to try to get to the "hand" of the dwarven statue. I then went to yellow atop the statue. Now, you're probably asking why I didn't try at pink's egg. First off, someone was at pink's base - the exact setup @Gainfullterror was describing and they were extremely stacked. I took out yellow easily and got out of there so green could come over. Now I needed a plan of action against pink. I was completely clueless. Despite having control of four bases and completely eliminating three teams, we still had almost nothing compared to pink - just because they took control of ONE island!

We obviously lost that game. We had no chance with how stacked they were - they attacked us a little bit after I took over yellow.

Make sure you completely read that game above before commenting. Here's the suggestion. Instead of encouraging a horribly broken strategy, instead we should find a way to encourage rushing. Here's the suggestion to do this. Have a system which rewards 2 points for an egg break and 1 point for FINAL kills. In the area on the right, it would show something like this:

Leads:
Blue ✓ 4

Green ✓ 4
Pink ✓ 4

Yellow X 3

Now, you're probably wondering "Well, what would these people get?" Well, I'm not sure exactly. I need more feedback on to decide what to give the team leading - just make sure if you give an idea it's better or equal to what you can get by camping mid!

Now you're also probably thinking "This would encourage mindless rushing by the best player on the team!" Not so fast there. If someone dies, their points are instantly given to the player that killed them. This WOULD encourage teamwork as you should divide the kills evenly so that if one person dies, it's no big deal.

Now, ties are broken through a simple system. First, it goes by the total number of kills. If that's tied, it will go by number of resources collected - whoever collected less will have the lead.

Pros:
- Eliminates mid camping - there's something that can put you in a stronger position!
- Encourages people to take risks at the beginning of the game
- Encourages teamwork
- Harms base campers - there's no need to waste time going to mid gearing up!
- Requires people to be careful at all times
- Discourages people that wait until there is one team left to attack
- Offers side objectives
- Need to watch all angles - you'll never know if you're being attacked

Neutral (People won't agree on if it's good or bad):
- Improves the usefulness of rushing
- Speeds games up
- Discourages people from going to mid

Cons:
- Places rushing as the strongest strategy instead of taking your time
- Some others I can't think of

Leave feedback below - by the way this doesn't need to be added to every map.

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
I'm going to tag absolutely everyone that commented on this post so that this post gets everyone's attention. It's going to be a completely alternative option.
@Nikoshka @Jackxist @Luminated Underpants @Fariss @10Joethegamer01 @Scottness @DontFearMe @1arthur10 @HangarGeek @DodelijkeNoob @iCheeetah

I know there's no way I'll convince you but: @Dotsially

Continuing: @Ahs_Master @lars.l @TheBrownster904 @TriangleAttack @_TheBigPunisher_ @NoMercyBroken @Soeshi @Perdei @ItsDavey_ @Jefsweatsgames
@HScrozzy @ElPtricko @Wintrie

The man @rubik_cube_man

Continuing: @BeastyIsPvp @Siftenly @iTzDavid12

And the two people I need the most: @KronosReeper @Gainfullterror

Instead of encouraging an extremely broken strategy, how about we reward people that instead of mindlessly camping mid, take risks to try to take control of another island!

Let me explain a game I was in. I explained this in my "Mid Camping" thread as well.

The first game like this was on a game of dwarven, normal and normal as usual. I chose blue team and attacked red with a wood sword and nothing else. I got them by surprise and easily wiped them clean. Seeing that orange was fighting over iron, a grabbed leather and quickly speed bridged over to orange. Another easy team elimination. We were only about 3-4 minutes into the game. Seeing that green was doing a bit better, I decided to use orange's mid bridge to gear up a bit. But I was stopped by pink! Now understand - we had complete control of our own base, red, and orange. But because pink held just one island - middle - they had a complete monopoly over resource control. Green was a fairly good team - they too were trying to attack pink but were not having any success as they didn't rush anyone and had to get out of their own island (they had a bridge to mid). Yellow was proving to be no help as they were just loading up on obsidian.

So, my first plan of action was to try to help green out of bit as they were dead stuck at their home island (it's way worse if you try to mid rush instead of making sure you have an escape by rushing another team). In order to do this, I attempted an attack on yellow. I went to orange, having to avoid lots of power bow shots, and went up the tower to try to get to the "hand" of the dwarven statue. I then went to yellow atop the statue. Now, you're probably asking why I didn't try at pink's egg. First off, someone was at pink's base - the exact setup @Gainfullterror was describing and they were extremely stacked. I took out yellow easily and got out of there so green could come over. Now I needed a plan of action against pink. I was completely clueless. Despite having control of four bases and completely eliminating three teams, we still had almost nothing compared to pink - just because they took control of ONE island!

We obviously lost that game. We had no chance with how stacked they were - they attacked us a little bit after I took over yellow.

Make sure you completely read that game above before commenting. Here's the suggestion. Instead of encouraging a horribly broken strategy, instead we should find a way to encourage rushing. Here's the suggestion to do this. Have a system which rewards 2 points for an egg break and 1 point for FINAL kills. In the area on the right, it would show something like this:

Leads:
Blue ✓ 4

Green ✓ 4
Pink ✓ 4

Yellow X 3

Now, you're probably wondering "Well, what would these people get?" Well, I'm not sure exactly. I need more feedback on to decide what to give the team leading - just make sure if you give an idea it's better or equal to what you can get by camping mid!

Now you're also probably thinking "This would encourage mindless rushing by the best player on the team!" Not so fast there. If someone dies, their points are instantly given to the player that killed them. This WOULD encourage teamwork as you should divide the kills evenly so that if one person dies, it's no big deal.

Now, ties are broken through a simple system. First, it goes by the total number of kills. If that's tied, it will go by number of resources collected - whoever collected less will have the lead.

Pros:
- Eliminates mid camping - there's something that can put you in a stronger position!
- Encourages people to take risks at the beginning of the game
- Encourages teamwork
- Harms base campers - there's no need to waste time going to mid gearing up!
- Requires people to be careful at all times
- Discourages people that wait until there is one team left to attack
- Offers side objectives
- Need to watch all angles - you'll never know if you're being attacked

Neutral (People won't agree on if it's good or bad):
- Improves the usefulness of rushing
- Speeds games up
- Discourages people from going to mid

Cons:
- Places rushing as the strongest strategy instead of taking your time
- Some others I can't think of

Leave feedback below - by the way this doesn't need to be added to every map.
Sounds... interesting.
I am not sure, but I personally really love rushing people and would love to see mid camping get removed or bows to be a lot more expensive.
I normally lose a game because a player has a punch bow, which he uses to spam and then get me down. I get really annoyed by this and if it can be prevented then I pretty much agree with any suggestion!
So, it does sound interesting and I think this could be really good but only for some maps as not everyone likes these types of games. ;)

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
As great as this sounds, I think that this is kind of over-complicating things just to discourage a broken strategy. However I do have on idea on how to make it less difficult to counter. I might post this as a suggestion, if not: Making bows purchasable 5-10 minutes after the game has started. This way, the worst you can face is an iron guy that you just might be able to outrun in order to set up the gen at your own base. This also means that they have to be more careful about defending against intruders bridging to them, as they can't just shoot them away.
This is just an idea on paper, I haven't thought too much about possible flaws.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida

I think that your points idea is too complicated. And you mentioned a reward, so when would they get it? When you get 5 points? Or every 5 minutes to whichever team has the most points? And the reward can't.be that good or else the first team to break an egg will be almost guaranteed to win.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
I think that your points idea is too complicated. And you mentioned a reward, so when would they get it? When you get 5 points? Or every 5 minutes to whichever team has the most points? And the reward can't.be that good or else the first team to break an egg will be almost guaranteed to win.
Whenever they had the lead in points (which starts after one full team has been eliminated) a set of exclusive items becomes available to them. These can include the aforementioned team upgrades, disaster keys (which start disasters at enemy islands or mid), special weapons, and some other stuff.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Top Bottom