Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
Hey all! If you are reading this, there is a pretty high chance you love eggwars. (Just like me!)
I want to share my thoughts on the current situation on eggwars, and what's going on, in addition to bedwars.

First, I am going to say, a lot of what you're about to read is my own opinion it's not necessarily wrong, or right, and we can all be civil when on disagreement.

So, recently this year Hypixel (a server I am sure most of you all are familiar with) released Bedwars, a 'rehash' of eggwars, essentially. Now, it is true that Bedwars existed a long time ago, on GommeHD. But since it wasn't as relevant as both these games, we are going to ignore GommeHD's one.

Bedwars became a HUGE success in rehashing our version, and that's fine. It's to be expected, Hypixel is a huge network, much bigger than CCGN. But like most people, I dislike bedwars, a lot. And eggwars has recently lost quite a few players with the addition of bedwars, mostly because of youtubers like PeteZahHutt and PrestonPlayz, again, that's fine too! We are still a growing community, and a lot of people still play eggwars.

But a lot of people, and I mean a lot of people, seem to think that Bedwars is an original idea, and we copied it, and also thinking that we copied the original bedwars. First of all: Nobody copied anything. You wouldn't say that hypixel copied the hives sg, since SG is well known. So, basically, we should allow other servers to rehash the idea, it's just how servers stay relevant.

Now we talk about our version. The recent update which changed a lot gave me a lot of mixed thoughts, like why there was a need for coloured blocks, and why you needed to make a map art generator, since that just lags the game. But, I still thought the update was pretty positive, and I was happy. But oh, the new map, was horrendous (I mean no disrespect) huts was a disgrace. You basically got hypixel's build team to make the map, it was awful.
But, I just thought, eh. Not all maps work, it's fine. I just played the maps I liked and left it there.

But recently, there was another update to eggwars, 2 new maps. And I really, really hated them. Food? That's just a slightly different version from pizza! Didn't feel fresh at all. And I thought huts was a copy of hypixel bedwars layout, but beach? You literally just did the exact same thing! You made 2 submids divide the gap between the middle and team islands, just like hypixel. And trust me, I thought it was awful. I get you were trying to add the 'flow' of the map, by adding circulation, but now we are copying hypixel by doing the same style of map!

Please hear me out. People play this server to forget about bedwars, and relax, by playing our game, eggwars, but you are now trying to copy bedwars' layout and style. It just doesn't work at all. Please, do not make anymore maps like these. It is starting to feel more like bedwars than eggwars. I am seeing the pattern, the coloured blocks, the map style. We basically are the new embodiment of bedwars, and it needs to stop. Make new maps, but keep the same style as some of the older maps, like teaparty, or city!

Thanks for reading.
This is just my current thoughts on the state of eggwars, and what should change.

-Evan (XtremeElectrix)

A

A pigeon

My opinions clash with yours on all levels. I feel the need to state that those animations are simply paintings on item frames. They do not lag the game in any way , shape or form.

I have nothing to say about the rest as it is your iwn personal opinion , other than that mine are the exact opposite. I love what gas become of the game.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
1) You can't just ignore GommeHD's bedwars because it's convenient.

2) There is a reason some people prefer bedwars over eggwars, and it has nothing to do with how original the idea is.

3) Food is nothing like pizza gameplay wise. Yes they are both based on food, but that's where the similarities end.

4) city is a complete breakaway from the old map style ... it is impossible to make maps both like the old maps and like city.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
IMO the new maps are better.. Just my opinion.
But since it wasn't as relevant as both these games, we are going to ignore GommeHD's one.
2017-07-17_12.30.37.png

Just saying, at the time of this screenshot GommeHD had more online players than cubecraft. I wouldn't call it "irrelevant" so quickly.

Reactions: A pigeon

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
I hate the new maps beach, food, and huts just like you, but I hate them for separate reasons. I have learned over time that there is literally nothing going to be done about the copying thing. The server owners don't care about this little copyright accusation war the players from different servers have, because theres nothing stopping them from doing it. It would be nice if they at least admitted they copy but, they don't want to or have to.

Reactions: XtremeElectrix

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
I hate the new maps beach, food, and huts just like you, but I hate them for separate reasons. I have learned over time that there is literally nothing going to be done about the copying thing. The server owners don't care about this little copyright accusation war the players from different servers have, because theres nothing stopping them from doing it. It would be nice if they at least admitted they copy but, they don't want to or have to.

I totally agree.

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
1) You can't just ignore GommeHD's bedwars because it's convenient.

2) There is a reason some people prefer bedwars over eggwars, and it has nothing to do with how original the idea is.

3) Food is nothing like pizza gameplay wise. Yes they are both based on food, but that's where the similarities end.

4) city is a complete breakaway from the old map style ... it is impossible to make maps both like the old maps and like city.

You just said it yourself. The fourth reason is the point I am trying to make, it's a break away from normal style! That's the cubecraft style I like, that's the originality I like about it, to some the map isn't perfect, but it's unique.
Food is an awful map, it's literally just teaparty and pizza mixed together and trust me, it doesn't work at all.

A

A pigeon

Beach is the only map where mid is truly chaotic. Love how great it is for PvP . It strikes a balance between needing to use diamonds and skills required for pvp and proper team play

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Haven't played Eggwars in a while. Eggwars was my to go game in Minecraft, but I moved over to Hypixel. The update just didn't do it for me and I have over 42 days playtime in that game (so that should be a good indicator how much I loved it lol). Wasn't a huge fan of bedwars, but I gave it a shot and it's much more fun then Eggwars in it's current state. Still not what I would have wanted, but considering Hypixel has so much more to offer I rather play there now.

Honestly haven't seen any Bedwars is original and Cubecraft copied it threads. Never have I seen someone say that. Over at the Hypixel forums it's well known that Bedwars isn't an original Hypixel idea.

Most maps on Cubecraft are ugly or dumb gameplay wise eitherway. I only love Teaparty because it has a lot of players, but the map itself meh. Liked the look of Underdasea, but because crying kids that can't deal with a bow they butchered the looks for an easy game. Hypixel does the small maps a lot better and with the way generators are made it just works a lot better.

Only recently joined Cube for the tower game, because a friend liked it. Only thing that is better over at Cubecraft is that it uses 1.9 pvp. I'll keep my eyes open for future updates, but as of now am no longer playing on Cube.

XtremeElectrix

Aug 13, 2016
The White House.
Haven't played Eggwars in a while. Eggwars was my to go game in Minecraft, but I moved over to Hypixel. The update just didn't do it for me and I have over 42 days playtime in that game (so that should be a good indicator how much I loved it lol). Wasn't a huge fan of bedwars, but I gave it a shot and it's much more fun then Eggwars in it's current state. Still not what I would have wanted, but considering Hypixel has so much more to offer I rather play there now.

Honestly haven't seen any Bedwars is original and Cubecraft copied it threads. Never have I seen someone say that. Over at the Hypixel forums it's well known that Bedwars isn't an original Hypixel idea.

Most maps on Cubecraft are ugly or dumb gameplay wise eitherway. I only love Teaparty because it has a lot of players, but the map itself meh. Liked the look of Underdasea, but because crying kids that can't deal with a bow they butchered the looks for an easy game. Hypixel does the small maps a lot better and with the way generators are made it just works a lot better.

Only recently joined Cube for the tower game, because a friend liked it. Only thing that is better over at Cubecraft is that it uses 1.9 pvp. I'll keep my eyes open for future updates, but as of now am no longer playing on Cube.

Yeah see I think bedwars is more fun if you prefer 1.8 pvp, but eggwars is better if you prefer 1.9.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Is the status same as the profile post I am kinda noon at this forums stuff
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday
Mintypie231 wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!!🍰🥳
This is YOUR daily doe of facts #57-
The shortest war in recorded history took place between Britain and the Sultanate of Zanzibar on August 27, 1896. It lasted just 38 minutes.
insane forceshadowing.PNG

Proof I can predict the future~
i thought 1.21 was the trails and tales update wtf i'm so out of the loop
Top Bottom