Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you want these implemented?

• Yes! And exactly like this!

• Yes! But with some changes I commented below.

• No (please put below so I can make a better suggestion next time).

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smkorpi

Dec 3, 2016
I frequently play eggwars and am pretty good at the gamemode. What I can't beat are hackers when in op item type.
Some ways to prevent different types of hacking are shown great through other servers, and I think some would work well here. How to prevent:

Kill aura - have an invisible bot spawn in above the player that is constantly 2 blocks above the player so the hack gets caught on the fake player above.

Lag back (not sure if right name)- We already have a set y cord where the player hits that cord and they automatically die. To prevent lag back hackers from flourishing (in my opinion the worst hackers) you could move that instant death y cord to one below the lowest block on the map. For maps with varying depths (such as teaparty) you could make specific heights for the underneath the islands within 5 blocks of the edge of the island that would still do the correct intent.

All hacks- Allow donors 1 kick per hour OR a /vote player as long as a reason is provided and 2/3 of the game agrees and is from more than one team. So team grey can't just kick the last team to win. And there should only be one kick allowed per game. It is not often you find more than one hacker in a game.

That's my suggestion to lessen the hacker problem that enrages a lot of the eggwars community. If you are just agreeing or disagreeing just vote in the poll. If there is any problems or further solutions or reasons this is truly bad, please comment below.

Edit 1: Possible for the kill aura prevention if the said bot is hit 5 times per match possible kicked from server? With a number like 5 it shouldnt happen for nonhackers, but would remove them from games immediately so everyone could enjoy the game even if a hacker *was* in it.

This would also be a GREAT oppurtunity for a small logging system where staff can see people that the kill aura bot has kicked multiple times to give a great view of hackers that haven't been reported yet.

Peace,
smkorpi

Last edited:
Reactions: Twania
D

Deleted member 169486

All hacks- Allow donors 1 kick per hour or a /vote player as long as a reason is provided and 2/3 of the game agrees and is from more than one team. So team grey can't just kick the last team to win. And there should only be one kick allowed per game. It is not often you find more than one hacker in a game.
It seems you thought very hard about this but, if someone is just doing really good everyone can vote to get them out and make up some reason. Other then that it seems good.

Reactions: smkorpi

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
So if you're probably new here...

1. Cubecraft doesn't copy from other servers...
So I doubt if most ideas will be implemented... I do like them tho...

2. They're already working on their own Anti-Cheat from scratch so just stay patient and peace will come...

All hacks- Allow donors 1 kick per hour or a /vote player as long as a reason is provided and 2/3 of the game agrees and is from more than one team. So team grey can't just kick the last team to win. And there should only be one kick allowed per game. It is not often you find more than one hacker in a game.

Peace,
smkorpi
This will abused...
Chaos everywhere! Also pretty sure it will go against the EULA

l
Edit 1: Possible for the kill aura prevention if the said bot is hit 5 times per match possible kicked from server? With a number like 5 it shouldnt happen for nonhackers, but would remove them from games immediately so everyone could enjoy the game even if a hacker *was* in it.

This would also be a GREAT oppurtunity for a small logging system where staff can see people that the kill aura bot has kicked multiple times to give a great view of hackers that haven't been reported yet.

Peace,
smkorpi
Sadly Staff members can't join already started games... So this is really useless and won't be implemented...

The best way to decrease the amount of Hackers is to report them really..
An Anti-Cheat may help here and there but it wouldn't make Cubecraft an Hacker free environment...

smkorpi

Dec 3, 2016
It seems you thought very hard about this but, if someone is just doing really good everyone can vote to get them out and make up some reason. Other then that it seems good.
To prevent good players from being kicked I said in the thread that it must be 2/3 of the game and has to be more than one team. Also there must be a reason when suggesting the kick, and also only 1 kick being allowed per game. I think by the requirements of 2/3 majority vote for a kick, multiple teams must vote, and only 1 kick per game with reason before the vote can commence would remove the possibility of people kicking player based on legitimate skill.

If there are any other ways you think this could be prevented, please tell me.
Thanks for the comment <3

D

Deleted member 169486

To prevent good players from being kicked I said in the thread that it must be 2/3 of the game and has to be more than one team. Also there must be a reason when suggesting the kick, and also only 1 kick being allowed per game. I think by the requirements of 2/3 majority vote for a kick, multiple teams must vote, and only 1 kick per game with reason before the vote can commence would remove the possibility of people kicking player based on legitimate skill.

If there are any other ways you think this could be prevented, please tell me.
Thanks for the comment <3
Yes but, if say I'm camping and keep sniping people off bridges, they can say I'm hacking and everyone will vote me out.

smkorpi

Dec 3, 2016
So if you're probably new here...

1. Cubecraft doesn't copy from other servers...
So I doubt if most ideas will be implemented... I do like them tho...

2. They're already working on their own Anti-Cheat from scratch so just stay patient and peace will come...

This will abused...
Chaos everywhere! Also pretty sure it will go against the EULA

Sadly Staff members can't join already started games... So this is really useless and won't be implemented...

The best way to decrease the amount of Hackers is to report them really..
An Anti-Cheat may help here and there but it wouldn't make Cubecraft an Hacker free environment...
In advance please do NOT view this reply as an insult. I am merely explaining my thought process, not trying to offend with any of my comments.

1. The only part of my suggestion that came from another server and not my own thought process was the killaura prevention, and it is beyond efficient at preventing killaura with little extra lag. I hope that something so beneficial wouldnt be denied just because someone else did it first.

2. I didn't know CubeCraft was working on their own anticheat system. Regardless, these could then be better methods or things to be implemented that could help tech.

3. My reply to someone else above explains this. If this is truly not allowed by the Eula please explain and I will think of some other way to not break the Eula.

4. The intent of the logging system would be so staff know basically trouble children that could be hackers. This could make an easy check for some evidence that might not be conclusive on player reports also.

Final statement: There is no surefree way to prevent all hackers on any server; but, I think implementing some of what I suggested or something else could greatly dissuade from hacking and remove hackers with minimum staff effort.

Thanks for the comment <3. Please remember to get back to me on that Eula bit!

smkorpi

Dec 3, 2016
Yes but, if say I'm camping and keep sniping people off bridges, they can say I'm hacking and everyone will vote me out.
If 2/3 of the game thinks you hack, someone else hasn't been kicked, more than one team voted, AND it passes as a legit reason for a kick (a specific hack, not just "hax") then you would be kicked. The odds of being falsely kicked with those requirements is very slim

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
3. My reply to someone else above explains this. If this is truly not allowed by the Eula please explain and I will think of some other way to not break the Eula.
Donators would get an advantage in-game called 'kicking'...
They could simply abuse...
If every player could vote for kick then I would still be neutral..

I don't think this should be implemented at all... Kicking should only be allowed by Helpers, Mods, Admins and Owners... It's a really powerful command that could ruin the game for many players...
And how the Cube community is, mostly abuse...

Not to mention that this was suggested before and completely denied.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/vote-kick-in-eggwars.174731/

smkorpi

Dec 3, 2016
Donators would get an advantage in-game called 'kicking'...
They could simply abuse...
If every player could vote for kick then I would still be neutral..

I don't think this should be implemented at all... Kicking should only be allowed by Helpers, Mods, Admins and Owners... It's a really powerful command that could ruin the game for many players...
And how the Cube community is, mostly abuse...

Not to mention that this was suggested before and completely denied.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/vote-kick-in-eggwars.174731/
Please read a tad more carefully it says donors get one kick per hour OR (please notice the or) the vote for kick with 2/3 of game from different teams with reason stated. The vote would be through all people and wouldn't be as abusable as you make it seem since I'm suggesting it can only be used once per game

smkorpi

Dec 3, 2016
I must be oblivious to how 2/3 of the players in the game voting and the reason being a specific hack is abusable

I

iDontPlayMinecraft.exe

I frequently play eggwars and am pretty good at the gamemode. What I can't beat are hackers when in op item type.
Some ways to prevent different types of hacking are shown great through other servers, and I think some would work well here. How to prevent:

Kill aura - have an invisible bot spawn in above the player that is constantly 2 blocks above the player so the hack gets caught on the fake player above.

Lag back (not sure if right name)- We already have a set y cord where the player hits that cord and they automatically die. To prevent lag back hackers from flourishing (in my opinion the worst hackers) you could move that instant death y cord to one below the lowest block on the map. For maps with varying depths (such as teaparty) you could make specific heights for the underneath the islands within 5 blocks of the edge of the island that would still do the correct intent.

All hacks- Allow donors 1 kick per hour OR a /vote player as long as a reason is provided and 2/3 of the game agrees and is from more than one team. So team grey can't just kick the last team to win. And there should only be one kick allowed per game. It is not often you find more than one hacker in a game.

That's my suggestion to lessen the hacker problem that enrages a lot of the eggwars community. If you are just agreeing or disagreeing just vote in the poll. If there is any problems or further solutions or reasons this is truly bad, please comment below.

Peace,
smkorpi
As you said you though lag back wasn't the right name well the real name is no fall, which is when you bow someone off and they tp back up. @Legendary Spyro has made some guides on how to identify some very rare hacks, I recommend you go check and welcome to the forums, I hope you have a great time here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

woohoo!! 120.80 released and whenever i go into cubecraft my signature skin turns into a steve or alex but in worlds its there!!! thanks mojang now i cant have my skin while playing cubecraft
Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
Top Bottom