Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ACasualTryhard

Novice Member
Apr 24, 2018
I think there should be a new mode for egg wars. It was good with speed but its gone on for like about a year without an update so I would like to see that a mode like ranked egg wars where each win puts you on a leaderboard not like the one we have now with just how many wins you have but like when you get points for killing someone/breaking egg/winning game those points get added up and goes into a leaderboard system.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I think an elo like system would be better. This would just be grinding. An elo system punishes someone for losing too.

ACasualTryhard

Novice Member
Apr 24, 2018
I think an elo like system would be better. This would just be grinding. An elo system punishes someone for losing too.
yes this makes for a more competitive community and then like the normal and speed egg wars are more of some casual gameplay.

CatsLoveRainbows

Dedicated Member
May 28, 2017
California
Here's what I think:
- Honestly, I wouldn't suggest this. The last update for egg wars happened almost 2 years ago, and they are likely coming out with an update soon. (No pressure staff)
Physically
Here what would happen:
- As @effot said, the server would turn into a server where you just grind. Alot.
- People would not want to participate because the only reward for GRIND24-7 is bragging rights, and then Cube would have to come up with some kind of reward.
- People would be playing egg wars all the time and no one would play Mixed Arcade.:(

Physiologically
The Game Would Just get More Addicting
- People would want to play egg wars more, on an unsafe level, especially if there's a prize involved.
The Game Would Become More Competitive, In A Bad Way.
- People would start to get toxic and more hateful to the other players and egg wars would become a hate fest.

I think egg wars is fine the way it is right now. Also, If an eggwars update dosen't come out, I think Cubecraft is on a roll with the good ol' updates! 4 updates in 2 weeks! Great Job, Staff! I think they deserve a break or something!

ACasualTryhard

Novice Member
Apr 24, 2018
Here's what I think:
- Honestly, I wouldn't suggest this. The last update for egg wars happened almost 2 years ago, and they are likely coming out with an update soon. (No pressure staff)
Physically
Here what would happen:
- As @effot said, the server would turn into a server where you just grind. Alot.
- People would not want to participate because the only reward for GRIND24-7 is bragging rights, and then Cube would have to come up with some kind of reward.
- People would be playing egg wars all the time and no one would play Mixed Arcade.:(

Physiologically
- People would want to play egg wars more, on an unsafe level, especially if there's a prize involved.
- People would start to get toxic and more hateful to the other players and egg wars would become a hate fest.

I think egg wars is fine the way it is right now. Also, If an eggwars update dosen't come out, I think Cubecraft is on a roll with the good ol' updates! 4 updates in 2 weeks! Great Job, Staff! I think they deserve a break or something!
Have you seen the people on the leaderboards for normal egg wars and speed egg wars it would kind of divide competitive players from casual players which makes for people to have a lot more fun. Ultimately it is the players choice if they want to grind on the new mode. The prize is easy to come up with (few cubelets, points, loot points and just decide on the quantity of them.)

Reactions: FartiliciousMaleGuy

ACasualTryhard

Novice Member
Apr 24, 2018
Here's what I think:
Physically
Here what would happen:

Physiologically

I would also suggest that they put the chat bot back in to make sure toxicity isn't an option for people anymore.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I would also suggest that they put the chat bot back in to make sure toxicity isn't an option for people anymore.
Chat filters doesnt make games less toxic...

On surface level it may look like it. But generally everyone will be building the toxicity within them and express it in other ways.

ACasualTryhard

Novice Member
Apr 24, 2018

On surface level it may look like it. But generally everyone will be building the toxicity within them and express it in other ways.
I would also suggest after a few warnings by mods/admins after a while they get muted for a little while then its permanent mute because I would think that they should still be allowed to play the game and we have also solved the problem.

CatsLoveRainbows

Dedicated Member
May 28, 2017
California

Yes, this is what im saying. ---v

This builds up toxicness, bad sportsmanship, and compitition. Everyone will become a SuperTryHard in some way, and it will make the game less fun.
And What about the new players? They will get hit by a wave of toxicness, and then we will have less players and it will make our server look bad by all the hate going around.

:uber_cubelet:

ACasualTryhard

Novice Member
Apr 24, 2018
Yes, this is what im saying. ---v

This builds up toxicness, bad sportsmanship, and compitition. Everyone will become a SuperTryHard in some way, and it will make the game less fun.
And What about the new players? They will get hit by a wave of toxicness, and then we will have less players and it will make our server look bad by all the hate going around.

This is why its a complete separate mode the new people will most likely play normal egg wars if the ranked egg wars is added normal egg wars will become a casual fun game mode.

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
"unsafe" Booii like that already isn't happening (or was) right now with quite a few. Also i don't think there's any downside to making a game more addictive from a server's/game perspective, if anything it's actually a positive, and don't come up with an argument stating that people won't play it as much anymore cause 'it's too addicting' cause that's extremely likely to be flat out false, people aren't that conscious of their behaviour most of the time. This along with other factors will easily prevent players from turning away from it due to its addictiveness.

Reactions: Lightning McQueen

CatsLoveRainbows

Dedicated Member
May 28, 2017
California
"unsafe" Booii like that already isn't happening (or was) right now with quite a few. Also i don't think there's any downside to making a game more addictive from a server's/game perspective, if anything it's actually a positive, and don't come up with an argument stating that people won't play it as much anymore cause 'it's too addicting' cause that's extremely likely to be flat out false, people aren't that conscious of their behaviour most of the time. This along with other factors will easily prevent players from turning away from it due to its addictiveness.

Ok, think what you want to think, but I was trying to put out some reasons because this is kind of like a chain reaction.

Ex. People play more since they are motivated to win --> The game gets more competitive -->people get more toxic in some way because they want to win so badly

Or this update could work out perfectly, and I would be wrong. :)

But for now, if you don't mind, I'll tag some staff and see what they think because in the end, it's always the staff that make the decision, not us.

@Lezappen, @Power Ranger, @Younisco, @TheBrownster.

And @xGrenninja, add a poll please.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I think there should be a new mode for egg wars. [···] I would like to see that a mode like ranked egg wars where each win puts you on a leaderboard not like the one we have now with just how many wins you have but like when you get points for killing someone/breaking egg/winning game those points get added up and goes into a leaderboard system.

If a mode like that would excist it would be better if players where "locally" put in competition with others rather than a server wide competition, because you are making it into a competition, and as others have said competitive play leads to competitive players which also happen to be less friendly in chat.

So what do I mean by locally :
Ranked eggwars could be like gladiators, that has little "tournements", you would have to win a series of 4 games in a row to come out on top as champion.

This will act as a Honeypot and keep all the toxicity in one gamemode. Doing this would make every gamemode less toxic aside from ranked eggwars.
Players have their preferences for different gamemodes, I doubt FFA's regulars will move to eggwars.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
If a mode like that would excist it would be better if players where "locally" put in competition with others rather than a server wide competition, because you are making it into a competition, and as others have said competitive play leads to competitive players which also happen to be less friendly in chat.

So what do I mean by locally :
Ranked eggwars could be like gladiators, that has little "tournements", you would have to win a series of 4 games in a row to come out on top as champion.

Players have their preferences for different gamemodes, I doubt FFA's regulars will move to eggwars.
Having a highly competitive mode will attract players from different games to the highly competitive one. The main reason most people quit eggwars is because it is kind of pointless after a while. Winning a game is just another game. Having a competitive version increases the overall skill of players and adds more want to play.

While it will make the server toxic that would be a good thing, hear me out here. If players are being toxic that means they really care about the game. It demotes the "I don't really care anyways" feeling.
Having mini tournaments would be cool but wouldn't be as competitive.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on Xi1m's profile.
sir.
Reesle wrote on tant33's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🧁
Reesle wrote on gamer8314's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Omg mosquitoes kept me up all night again :(
iTz1Hamood wrote on Hqteful's profile.