Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SHOULD WE GET RID OF RESPAWN PROTECTION AND REPLACE IT WITH A RESPAWN COOLDOWN?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

beartziaYT

Feb 4, 2017
Before you read this, please read this thread first: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/respawn-protection-for-egg-wars.38087/

I don't know if this one is the original thread that gave cubecraft the idea of adding a respawn protection timer for egg wars or not, but this is sort of an issue.

Yes, I agree with the people who posted the threads, having a respawn protection to prevent the other team from spawn killing you, which was a problem. I see that they have added it now. But then, now that they have added it, the problem is the other way around. If the game has just started a couple of minutes ago, and then you rush a team, kill everyone, then everyone's dead, and then you proceed to break the sandstone/obsidian around their egg, to break their egg. The thing is, the respawn protection prevents you, the enemy, from killing players that you have killed before, because of the respawn protection, leaving them immortal for a couple of seconds. Keep in mind, that this game just started, and you rushed, meaning that the armour isn't going to do you any good for a long time without being able to "hit" the enemy. So therefore, you die. And your mission was unsuccessful. This could be lag, but it's happened to me all the time, so I doubt it.

So should we include the respawn protection or not?

Another thing you could add is a respawn cooldown, which makes the player have to wait a specific amount of time before respawning again, let's say 5 to 10 seconds.

Thank you for taking your time to read this.
beartziaYT

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Before you read this, please read this thread first: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/respawn-protection-for-egg-wars.38087/

I don't know if this one is the original thread that gave cubecraft the idea of adding a respawn protection timer for egg wars or not, but this is sort of an issue.

Yes, I agree with the people who posted the threads, having a respawn protection to prevent the other team from spawn killing you, which was a problem. I see that they have added it now. But then, now that they have added it, the problem is the other way around. If the game has just started a couple of minutes ago, and then you rush a team, kill everyone, then everyone's dead, and then you proceed to break the sandstone/obsidian around their egg, to break their egg. The thing is, the respawn protection prevents you, the enemy, from killing players that you have killed before, because of the respawn protection, leaving them immortal for a couple of seconds. Keep in mind, that this game just started, and you rushed, meaning that the armour isn't going to do you any good for a long time without being able to "hit" the enemy. So therefore, you die. And your mission was unsuccessful. This could be lag, but it's happened to me all the time, so I doubt it.

Another thing you could add is a respawn cooldown, which makes the player have to wait a specific amount of time before respawning again, let's say 5 to 10 seconds.

beartziaYT
First of all this is in the wrong section

now secondly about the suggestion, i personally recall a thread about adding these cooldowns on spawning but making them gradual (don't really remember who made it or the title)
E.g The 1st respawn = no cooldown to respawning, 2nd respawn = 2 second spawn delay, 3rd = 4 second spawn delay etc but they keep the spawn protection since we already gave them a spawn delay
and this is what i personally prefer because the no cooldown to spawning and respawn protection gives a chance for those who died to fight back
If you want the spawn protection to be removed the answer is No. People will start to farm kills

Reactions: DragonSan

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016

now secondly about the suggestion, i personally recall a thread about adding these cooldowns on spawning but making them gradual (don't really remember who made it or the title)
E.g The 1st respawn = no cooldown to respawning, 2nd respawn = 2 second spawn delay, 3rd = 4 second spawn delay etc but they keep the spawn protection since we already gave them a spawn delay
and this is what i personally prefer because the no cooldown to spawning and respawn protection gives a chance for those who died to fight back
If you want the spawn protection to be removed the answer is No. People will start to farm kills
^ What he said. Keep the spawn protection but add a gradually increasing spawn delay to solve the problem. Plus this would make people value their lives more instead of getting cheap kills, like suiciding off a bridge to punch a full iron guy off it while they're naked. It's funny when it happens, but it's so annoying when you're the one on the receiving end of it xD

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
One of the things I like about Hypixel's bedwars is he lack of spawn protection which is amazing for taking out he beds. If the spawn protection was kept I would also like to have it where players can't hit you until they are also able to be hit. That way he spawn protection would be used as it should - a way to get gear to defend your egg and protection from being killed over and over due to lag.

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com

beartziaYT
I think their should be a 2 second delay, with the spawn protection. Just 2 seconds every life. This will balance it out, it will make it so the attacker will have a chance at the egg, and the defender still can live.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco

beartziaYT
well there is spawn protection in normal minecraft too
yes there is a longer spawn protection in eggwars (to avoid full camping) so it still going to be there just saying

Orangeric88

Forum Expert
Apr 22, 2016
Planet Orange
www.cubecraft.net
- Moved to Suggestions

In my opinion, I don't really agree with the whole 5 second respawn thing. With the 'grace period' you get when you die, your basically vulnerable. If you were to get respawned and someone is at your base, you can't really do much (assuming the attacker is smart and blocks him/herself in in order to break the obsidian.). Plus, even if they have a shell cracker kit, there is a kit delay.

Having the grace period thing brings more strategy to the game. If the 5 second thing would be added, might as well remove both the grace period and the 5 second respawn. You can see what I mean on Hypixel Bedwars.

Reactions: Injunction
Mar 20, 2017

That's the problem if they die they lost the fight they shouldn't be able to keep spawning and hitting you to prevent the egg from being destroyed and it is also very irritating cause they constantly spam you.

Mar 20, 2017
- Moved to Suggestions

In my opinion, I don't really agree with the whole 5 second respawn thing. With the 'grace period' you get when you die, your basically vulnerable. If you were to get respawned and someone is at your base, you can't really do much (assuming the attacker is smart and blocks him/herself in in order to break the obsidian.). Plus, even if they have a shell cracker kit, there is a kit delay.

Having the grace period thing brings more strategy to the game. If the 5 second thing would be added, might as well remove both the grace period and the 5 second respawn. You can see what I mean on Hypixel Bedwars.
Trying to dis bedwars when you know its better

Darkform9

May 6, 2016
European Union- unlike a certain traitor
I think the respawn protection needs a little bit of reworking but I think removing it completely wouldn't be a good idea. I think either making it a shorter invulnerability or making it so they can't while invulnerable, so they have to use it to either run away or buy items. It would allow them to purchase things instead of an immediate death, and it would increase the overall tension of the game as instead of repeated unarmed players coming at you; you would have a fully armored player. It would make combat very tense and enjoyable in my opinion as both players would be waiting for the second the spawn invulnerability to wear off so they can combat. It also requires a lot more strategy in planning out an attack on enemy bases. It's only what I think would improve the system but I understand it is not for everyone.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
That's the problem if they die they lost the fight they shouldn't be able to keep spawning and hitting you to prevent the egg from being destroyed and it is also very irritating cause they constantly spam you.
Trying to dis bedwars when you know its better
I think the respawn protection needs a little bit of reworking but I think removing it completely wouldn't be a good idea. I think either making it a shorter invulnerability or making it so they can't while invulnerable, so they have to use it to either run away or buy items. It would allow them to purchase things instead of an immediate death, and it would increase the overall tension of the game as instead of repeated unarmed players coming at you; you would have a fully armored player. It would make combat very tense and enjoyable in my opinion as both players would be waiting for the second the spawn invulnerability to wear off so they can combat. It also requires a lot more strategy in planning out an attack on enemy bases. It's only what I think would improve the system but I understand it is not for everyone.
How about a cooldown on the spawn protection just like the kits?
Sorry to be breaking this to you but this topic should be locked since 2 weeks are already up from the last reply. Going to tag a staff member to lock this topic.
@Buuuddy @DutchieTheKid @Anmazing
May you please lock this thread
~Thank You

Reactions: Anmazing
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
meow :33
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Otherworld's profile.
💙
UncleSpect wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy Birthday my friend, I hope you have a wonderful day today!:D
Top Bottom