Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

marcmq

May 26, 2020
London
I was playing egg wars on bedrock and two speed fly hackers broke every egg in under a minute and used some sort of damage aura to kill every single other player. (Unfortunately they were too quick for anyone in my party to record for evidence). But I feel like this problem would be easier to overcome if there was for example a 1 minute 30 second cool down on when the egg can be broken. I understand that rushing to break eggs is a strategy. However there needs to be some protections against this and also to give people some chance to prepare. This has happened to at least me a few games on bedrock mainly now. I don’t wish to have the cool down too long as it would discourage a lot of strategies. Just a suggestion but I know it’s not the best. My idea does need a lot more thought but I’m a little annoyed about these speed/fly hackers. Any advice on this idea or just if it’s awful all together, let me know.

Reactions: ComicCastle6489

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
It's a solid idea, but I think it won't be effective. I've had games where I run middle and just go get 2 eggs in less than a minute. I play on both Java and Bedrock and I think the best thing to do to solve this is just waiting for Sentinel's improvements. They'll still be able to get your egg if you have a cooldown or not, that's the problem with the cooldown. That's just my opinion though, if you could add a poll that'd be great.

Reactions: marcmq and East

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
It's a solid idea, but I think it won't be effective. I've had games where I run middle and just go get 2 eggs in less than a minute. I play on both Java and Bedrock and I think the best thing to do to solve this is just waiting for Sentinel's improvements. They'll still be able to get your egg if you have a cooldown or not, that's the problem with the cooldown. That's just my opinion though, if you could add a poll that'd be great.
Totally agreed. Even though it's unusual, people can rush eggs in under that time and when Cubecraft gets better anticheat developers sentinel will be massively improved and hackers won't be able to do this anymore.

Reactions: marcmq

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
I don’t think this is necessary. Also, Eggwars isn’t the game with the most hackers. I play Eggwars quite often and I almost never see a hacker there. The most hackers are on Skywars and FFA. And also, when there is a cooldown hackers will fly to another egg after the cooldown, so this has no point. Your egg will be destroyed anyway with a fly hacker.

Reactions: TheZigbot9000

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Some little cooldown like 20 seconds won't hurt anyone, because it will strictly exsist, just to prevent people from getting their eggs destroyed so easily.
With that, they are going to be able to react and possibly protect their egg(of course if they aren't the first victim of the same cheater)
But over a minute will kill every kind of strategy that you can imagine and the only thing that it will do is to annoy a massive amount of competitive players.
Even thought you don't see flying hackers on Eggwars as often as you see them on Skywars, I do like your idea, because it makes some sense.
But I'd say, that the cooldown has to be at least a minute shorter than the cooldown that you suggested.

Reactions: marcmq

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
Some little cooldown like 20 seconds won't hurt anyone, because it will strictly exsist, just to prevent people from getting their eggs destroyed so easily.
With that, they are going to be able to react and possibly protect their egg(of course if they aren't the first victim of the same cheater)
But over a minute will kill every kind of strategy that you can imagine and the only thing that it will do is to annoy a massive amount of competitive players.
Even thought you don't see flying hackers on Eggwars as often as you see them on Skywars, I do like your idea, because it makes some sense.
But I'd say, that the cooldown has to be at least a minute shorter than the cooldown that you suggested.
I disagree, the admins could be doing much more useful things that this, and on the offchance a non-hacker does break an egg within a small time frame, they will likely be quite annoyed, especially because what they did was so good, and they are likely to lose their own egg. If there is a fly hacker, chances are they will have combat hacks too, and this means the cooldown isn't going to stop them breaking your egg. Admins could be using their time otherwise to ban hackers or work on the anticheat, helping much more than this idea.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I disagree, the admins could be doing much more useful things that this, and on the offchance a non-hacker does break an egg within a small time frame, they will likely be quite annoyed, especially because what they did was so good, and they are likely to lose their own egg. If there is a fly hacker, chances are they will have combat hacks too, and this means the cooldown isn't going to stop them breaking your egg. Admins could be using their time otherwise to ban hackers or work on the anticheat, helping much more than this idea.
They are also living and breathing humans, and they cannot play 24/7, just to punish every possible cheater, as well the new anti-cheat developers just got hired to work on sentinel.
Completely changing a major mechanism in a popular gamode is a very risky move, which has to be done precisely.
For me, changing this in the way @marcmq suggested it will surely cause a lot of negative feedback, because it changes the game a lot, in a way, that won't make it more enjoyable (in most of the time).
Not every eggwars match is including a flying cheater, and that's basically why I don't think this will end well, if it's executed exsactly like that.
That's my point, if you like the idea in the exsactly same way that it was suggested, then it's perfectly fine.

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
With or Without the cooldown, you won't know there's a hacker until they fly around and break all the eggs which will catch you off guard anyways. Make the cooldown too long it'll deter rushing. Make the cooldown too short and it wouldn't be effective. Even a middle ground time of 30 seconds would cause problems. Say the hacker(s) is found out before they have a chance to finish breaking all of the eggs and is banned. This creates an unbalanced game where some teams have eggs and some don't. If there is a hacker and he starts breaking eggs i'd rather let them finish breaking all the eggs that way the game can be somewhat even. Don't want players gaining an unintended advantage over others.

marcmq

May 26, 2020
London
I don’t think this is necessary. Also, Eggwars isn’t the game with the most hackers. I play Eggwars quite often and I almost never see a hacker there. The most hackers are on Skywars and FFA. And also, when there is a cooldown hackers will fly to another egg after the cooldown, so this has no point. Your egg will be destroyed anyway with a fly hacker.
In bedrock I’ve seen and caught most hackers. But I suppose in java it’s less of an issue. I’ve seen fewer hackers on there.

marcmq

May 26, 2020
London
With or Without the cooldown, you won't know there's a hacker until they fly around and break all the eggs which will catch you off guard anyways. Make the cooldown too long it'll deter rushing. Make the cooldown too short and it wouldn't be effective. Even a middle ground time of 30 seconds would cause problems. Say the hacker(s) is found out before they have a chance to finish breaking all of the eggs and is banned. This creates an unbalanced game where some teams have eggs and some don't. If there is a hacker and he starts breaking eggs i'd rather let them finish breaking all the eggs that way the game can be somewhat even. Don't want players gaining an unintended advantage over others.
In this case they broke the egg instantly and killed us all seconds later... the game ended in under 2 minutes. There egg was still alive.

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
In this case they broke the egg instantly and killed us all seconds later... the game ended in under 2 minutes. There egg was still alive.

Understandable but if they kill you immediately after breaking the egg all the cooldown did was postpone your demise by a few more moments. How much preparation is 1 minute going to buy you before the hacker waits out the cooldown and breaks your egg?

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

After some weeks of break am I happy to announce that more interviews will come by! I have had interviews and also have some videos finished been working hard on them. I appreciate all feedback on them and the same style are in them. The next video of the series (when I write this is coming out in: 19 hours 17 minutes.) Happy to hear your feedback on it! Also have a good rest of your day!:D
had to reinstall minecraft just for the twitch cape (then uninstall it again)

looks great on my skin
image-51.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on BurgerCat13's profile.
🍔
BurgerCat13 wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
Happy cake day Eva
caraMel wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVA!!!! ✨
Top Bottom