Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you believe Egg Embryos or something similar could have potential?

• Total voters

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
(THIS SUGGESTION PERTAINS TO EGGWARS TEAMS MODE.)
What’s an Egg Embryo?

An egg embryo is a player-dropped item on ELIMINATION which allows you to buy special TEAM UPGRADES at the mid shop. All Upgrades on Items and Potion Effects will cease to exist when YOUR egg is destroyed.

Egg Embryos can be traded for team item upgrades , potion effects and exclusive items such as-

Knockback 1 on all axes

Fire Aspect 1 on all swords

Unbreaking 1 on armor (pay for each piece of armor)

Triple Shot (custom enchantment) on all bows

They can also be used for personal upgrades, items and potion effects.

Thorns on Armor

Jump boost (toggleable)

Speed 1 Leather Boots

Egg Regeneration - regeneration 2 from your egg every 5 minutes (LASTS 4 SECONDS.)

I haven’t gone into detail about prices as we can be sort that out together.

Why should you upvote this suggestion?
Well, this incentivizes Aggressive-Defensive play. You can no longer rush w/o caring about your egg (as your purchased upgrades depend on your egg being alive) also, you cannot simply afford to camp the whole game. Do kindly consider upvoting my suggestion🚀, at least for the sake of innovation.

Will this replace Emerald Generators?

Nope! I believe this as well as emerald generators play parallel roles in making eggwars a strategy intensive gamemode.

This idea was born in 2017 as was heavily upvoted then. I have reimagined it slightly and provided some examples as well. The examples are just examples and need not be taken in their current form

(Tribute to @Qin Shihuangdi who loved this suggestion)

Last edited:

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
Isn't this more of an advantage for the better players? Tell me if I'm wrong.
Isn’t that the point of the game. I can tell you 100% this does not help rushers because
1. Their Egg has to be alive for the upgrades to work
2. If they are to protect their egg they cannot go rushing 4 or 5 islands.

Campers will get overwhelmed by any team that has many potion effects concurrently. I’ll tell you that this makes communication and coordination prime.
You must be able to kill your immediate neighbors before getting your egg killed.

Any team that can communicate well even if they’re not tryhqrd PvP legends will have a big chance of being the underdog turned champion.

Does this put undue disadvantage on a team with a destroyed egg?

This disadvantage can be overcome by using emerald generators to buy potions, fireballs etc.

So this favours smart players, not tryhards. i hope i have convinced everyone now to vote yes. This is worth a try.

Slimeyz

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
Belgium
Isn’t that the point of the game. I can tell you 100% this does not help rushers because

Campers will get overwhelmed by any team that has many potion effects concurrently. I’ll tell you that this makes communication and coordination prime.
You must be able to kill your immediate neighbors before getting your egg killed.

Any team that can communicate well even if they’re not tryhqrd PvP legends will have a big chance of being the underdog turned champion.

This disadvantage can be overcome by using emerald generators to buy potions, fireballs etc.

So this favours smart players, not tryhards. i hope i have convinced everyone now to vote yes. This is worth a try.
I guess you're right.

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End

I thank you for explaining that to me because i was a bit confused. I think it's a capital idea. So these upgrades will be permanent as long as your egg is left alive compared to the potions you buy with Emeralds?

Reactions: Queen Ualala

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
if you can explain your No Votes it would be appreciated!!

Last edited:

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I voted no, and since you really want to know why players voted no. Here we go!
Knockback 1 on all axes
Yeah, euhm. No. This is way too overpowered, you just buy a wooden axe for bridge fight and you win. w-tap + kb1 will send player flying. And I'm not even talking about 1.8 where you can do that without kb1.

Fire Aspect 1 on all swords
Again, way too overpowered. Fire tick will not only do damage but will also mess up your jumps, ...

Unbreaking 1 on armor
While this isn't too overpowered. I don't want to see diamond armour with unbreaking on it. That doesn't even break without it...
Triple Shot
If one arrow gives three arrows, be my guess, If not, no thank you. I don't want to buy more arrows because my teammate bought something that makes my bow shoot more arrows.

Thorns on armour
No, if I had thorns. Why would I buy a sword. Lots of armour sets, notches and golden apples. They die while killing me... Also, please no. if you hit someone on a bridge you get kb.?...

Speed 1 Leather Boots
Well... you can buy speed pots for 1 emerald. So I don't see the use it them.

Egg Regeneration
No, this basically gives you full health every 5min. I am aware that 5min is a long time. But in the late game. Fight take 5min. If I have my enemy on 0,5 HP, and he gets regen just because of that. I'm just leaving.

You can no longer rush w/o caring about your egg
Of course, you can? My games end quicker than other teams have time to buy these things. In maps that are good for rushing, this will not change a thing. Maybe the biggest map against this. Three house, against most playing going left and right of your island in groups of 2 will grant you the win without having to think about your egg.
you cannot simply afford to camp the whole game
Of course, you can? I have a bow, well that is nice unbreaking you have there; The void doesn't care!

If they are to protect their egg they cannot go rushing 4 or 5 islands.
Of course, they can? One playing can defend the egg. And in Beta, wood is enough for most of the time in the beginning of the game. You come back from mid and you have obby.

I can tell you 100% this does not help rushers because
Neither does it work against them. Games end faster than other players can buy these things. And rusher know how to play, if they see that player are farming mid they will go mid.

So this favours smart players, not tryhards.
Well... if you're farming mid and the "tryhards" take your egg. It was for nothing. This favours no one but time.
So I stand by my point. And would not like to see this in game.

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
@Fesa, the items I mentioned were just examples I thought of quickly. Vote based on the main idea, not the items.

I have given little thought on the items apart from KB axe. I dont think KB 1 does that much extra knockback, and on an axe it needs to be fully charged. But whatever. Items are irrelevant.

This idea is in the ‘embryo stage” (haha) so just vote yes/no based on the main idea.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
These items and upgrades are ridiculously overpowered. All of them actually (apart from the regeneration one).
Aside from this, it would not promote a "aggressive-defensive" play-style like you think, it would just promote obscene rushing as soon as the game starts, making the luck of not getting targeted being a bigger factor. Now, perhaps you and players similar to you would enjoy this, but I would think that a game like this is rather two-dimensional and not something the strategic players would enjoy.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
Top Bottom