• Maybe (explain why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kyviu

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2021
Pronouns
He/Him
I want to introduce another idea for the future duels update that may be beneficial to players, so currently as it stand in a normal game of duels the timer to start the game is 10 seconds, and i feel like this time period is unnecessarily long and should be reduced down to 5 seconds, 2 seconds to get ready and a 3 second coutndown on screen compared to the current 5 seconds, and then another 5 seconds for the countdown, the reasoning behind this is that it would cut down my personal TTW (time to win) by 16.7%, which doesnt seem that significant by itself but added up it makes a big difference.

Example:
My current TTW in the kit i use it around 30 seconds average including the 10 second countdown, so on average 1000 wins would take about 30,000 seconds which would convert to exactly 8.3 hours of gameplay.
Now lets do the same math but with the countdown reduced to 5 seconds, this would change my TTK to 25 seconds, which over 1000 wins would be 25,000 seconds which would convert to 6.94 hours, reducing time played by more than an hour.

Reason for this change:

Any players that are trying or have tried to reach leaderboards for duels know how every second you waste makes it slower and more painful to reach these leaderboards, this is typically why a lot of leaderboard players stay away from the overpowered kits in duels as OP games average a longer TTK therefore reducing efficiency, with this change it will make games more efficient whilst also not affecting the players at all, in my opinion there are no downsides to this idea and the countdown isnt really necessary at all, and could just be removed outright.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I want to introduce another idea for the future duels update that may be beneficial to players, so currently as it stand in a normal game of duels the timer to start the game is 10 seconds, and i feel like this time period is unnecessarily long and should be reduced down to 5 seconds, 2 seconds to get ready and a 3 second coutndown on screen compared to the current 5 seconds, and then another 5 seconds for the countdown, the reasoning behind this is that it would cut down my personal TTW (time to win) by 16.7%, which doesnt seem that significant by itself but added up it makes a big difference.

Example:
My current TTW in the kit i use it around 30 seconds average including the 10 second countdown, so on average 1000 wins would take about 30,000 seconds which would convert to exactly 8.3 hours of gameplay.
Now lets do the same math but with the countdown reduced to 5 seconds, this would change my TTK to 25 seconds, which over 1000 wins would be 25,000 seconds which would convert to 6.94 hours, reducing time played by more than an hour.

Reason for this change:
Any players that are trying or have tried to reach leaderboards for duels know how every second you waste makes it slower and more painful to reach these leaderboards, this is typically why a lot of leaderboard players stay away from the overpowered kits in duels as OP games average a longer TTK therefore reducing efficiency, with this change it will make games more efficient whilst also not affecting the players at all, in my opinion there are no downsides to this idea and the countdown isnt really necessary at all, and could just be removed outright.
I think it's a good idea, for example, in Java the countdown is just 4 seconds long, which I think is perfect.

Reactions: kyviu

dvodany

Spytastic
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Apr 9, 2020
Czech Republic
This seems to have a point.

Like I'm not playing Duels too often but from day to day few matches aren't bad. And I think this is good idea. Sometimes this waiting time is annoying to me too. I agree.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Hoshi wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday Egg!! 🎉
Reesle wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday 🥚
hey

if you dont find me playing cubecraft often then dont be surprised
obviously this doesnt mean that im quitting im just like drifting away since ive started to enjoy and play games other than minecraft so what im trying to say is
im not going to be as active ingame but i will be on the forumds
Xi1m wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy eggday
Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Top Bottom