Status
Not open for further replies.

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
We have 25 maps in total. I want to know what your favourite and least favourites maps are.

Since it might be hard to know the names of the maps, here are all the maps:

Lava River, Fairies, Forest, Underwater, Courtyard, End, Bridge, Soul Sand, Garden, Frost, Sandstone, Western, Bath, Ice Rink, Lava pools, Cactus, Maze, Pond, Floppy bird, Fort, Picnic, Arena, Playground, Bird, boom
Names in order of picture shown: http://imgur.com/a/zYzJC

You can pick as many maps as you want. Please use this format
This is an example

Favourites:
Boom
- Because I love the craziness in this map when all the TNT blows up and makes this map so much fun
Bridge - It's good and flat which makes it great for PvP and I love the obstacle of the river

Dislike:
Picnic
- It's too difficult to PvP on due to all the gaps

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Favourites:
- Maze: I just like shifting and confusing my opponent where I might be :P
- Western: It looks amazing and when you're bored with your friends you could maybe even play Hide and Seek
- Garden: This map looks both amazing and you can have some fun with custom kits

Dislike:
- Picnic: As mentioned by Efcluke94, there are too much gaps where you can fall :/
- Floppy Bird: Same as with Picnic. You can get knocked off so easily.

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
My favourites:
Picnic - It's just a fun map.
Bath - It's a good map to strave people because of the flat area. :)
Soul Sand - Nice map! Also good to strave if someone stands on the soulsand. :P

Dislikes:
Ice Rink - If you got the kit no-debuff, you've enderpearls. People would enderpearl on the rostrum (I don't know that's the correct word for it) and would camp there.
Courtyard - If you are trying to hit the person, you hit the grass or the tall grass. That's quite annoying.

All the other maps are just neurtal for me. :)

Zachㅤ

Dedicated Member
Jan 15, 2016
Hogwarts
dqyGcbj.gif

-Underwater: I like the more flat terrain to fight players.
-Forest: I like how simplistic the map is.
-Sandstone: No obstacles in the way of fighting, nowhere to hide.
-Lava River: I like to push players into the lava, I like that their is not to much lava.

fGm81kb.gif

-Frost: I don't like that you have to slide around to fight the players.
-Floppy Bird: Most of the time a player falls into the void before one dies.
-Ice Rink: Again, I don't like sliding around, especially when the map is mostly all ice.
-Pond: Most of the time the player goes into the water and it becomes a water pvp fight which I dislike.

Last edited:

Stefanvld

Forum Expert
May 24, 2014
Behind you.
General things that should not be in a pvp map:
- Ice (Although this might seem like a fun challenge, it's really annoying most of the time.)
- Grass (Please don't use grass or flowers in pvp maps, you keep hitting the grass which is really annoying.)
-
A lack of room to pvp. (Getting knocked off is okay in a fight with knockback sticks, but not with other kits.)

Maps I therefore dislike;

- Floppy bird: I like the concept of the map, but there's a lack of room to have a good pvp fight. Also, whenever playing with the tnt kit, both players will get stuck unable to kill each other 75% of the itme.

-
Frost: Ice is annoying.

-
Ice rink: Same as Frost.

-
Courtyard - The grass. The grass.

My favourite map
- Sandstone - This is a perfect pvp map, in my opinion. It does not have any obstacles and there is a lot of room to have a good pvp fight.

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
Favourite:
Lava Pools: This maps looks amazing and it doesn't take too long until your opponent dies.

Maze: I always forget which direction is the best, but it's a really nice map!

Dislike:
Floppy Bird: It isn't really PvP when they just shoot you off in the first 3 seconds. ;D

Ice Rink: I don't mind if it's flat, but the map is too big. It usually takes more than 3 minutes to kill your opponent because he keeps running away.

I hope this helps! :D

Last edited:

Anmazing

Dedicated Member
Aug 7, 2014
Favourites
- Lava River (Terrain is really good for PvP, there are no unnecessary details and also contains parkour, which often can change the whole match)
- Forest (A lot of free space, perfectly built, and doesn't have too much grass / flowers)
- Bridge (Clean map, awesome design on the floor; lilypads are a really cool addition)
- Sandstone (Perfectly built; easier to focus on your opponent, but it's also impossible to run and hide if you are low)
- Arena (Amazingly designed walls, so as the floor; parkour is also really cool because it can be used to escape your opponent)

Dislikes
- Courtyard (Too much grass and flowers, which makes it harder to PvP and use lava; it's really well built, just needs less grass)
- Frost (Ice can sometimes be a problem; it sometimes helps me get a combo, but often makes me miss all my hits)
- Ice Rink (I'm sorry to the person who built this, but I think that this map is just not up to the standard of pretty much all the others; it would be a lot better if there was a 'colosseum' around it, and if it had less ice)
- Floppy Bird (Not much space for PvP, easy to fall off; it could also use some more details with walls and pipes)

Steyro

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Belgium
Favorites :

Fairies : The pond in the middle of this map is easy to win. Because the player gets stuck in the water and you can easily kill him.
Sandstone : It is the only and the best map to PvP in because it is flat and you got no obstacles.

The ones I don't like :

Ice Rink : It is really slippery and difficult to PvP.
Frost : Same as here ^^.

No problem.

Reactions: Efcluke94

Cyan

Forum Expert
Dec 21, 2014
Freak Show
www.youtube.com
Dislikes

Forest: (Doesn't lack space, but there's no where to take cover regardless of the trees.)

Ice Rink: (Doesn't lack space AT ALL, but if people were to use TNT bows or TNT in general, it would be extremely easy to explode the floor and have an easy win. It is good for pvp, but personally not my favourite for TNT)

Frost: (Definitely a very open map, there is no obstacles so this map wouldn't really be meant for bow fights, more for pvp)

----------------
Favourites

Fairies: (This map is good for bow fights does not lack space and has many slots to take cover.)

Lava Pools: (I have mixed opinions on this map, really good for bow fights and pvp, but there's many places where your opponent can/would hide. Overall, this map has good spacing and is one of my favourites)

I hope this helped! Definitely going to do more later.

df3d12b0850ea3c3a3fdd3b10bc961f6.gif

Last edited:

Neptuune

Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2015
Favorites:
Fairies- There's lots of open space for PvP, but also lots of places to hide for bow battles
Forest- It has lots of free space, one of my favorites, but there aren't a lot of trees to hide behind for cover
Lava Pools- It's a nicely built map, and it gives a small challenge for PvP, but also has lots of cover for bows. Good map.

Dislikes:
Ice Rink- The ice is really hard to fight on cause you're just sliding everywhere. Also with the map only being 2 blocks thick, if you have explosive arrows it's an easy win
Frost- Like "Ice Rink" the ice is just really hard to run around on, also there aren't a lot of places on the map to take cover

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
Favorites:
Lava Rivers, NIce mix between rough terrain, some parkour, and a little bit of warmth ;)
Frost. Nice mix between ice and normal terrain, pretty flat so it's easy to PvP
Sandstone Flat and easy to pvp, also nice with archer kit, because there are no places to hide and it's all about aim.
Maze: Nice strategy map, you can hide if necessary and it's not hard to find each other
Floppy bird: Idk, pretty flat mid, so a good place to have a fight. The void gives it a bit more difficulty without making it a pro+ map.

Dislikes:
Ice rink: 2MuchIce4Me, it's really hard to hit the opponent as he and you keep moving because of the ice.
Pond: Most fights are at the dry part of the map, and most people just run away.
Cactus: Most people run around the cactus until the time is up.
Picnic, the void makes it to hard to pvp, also, if you didnt die in the void, the cups and glasses will annoy you, having to run around them.

As you can see, 2 of the maps I don't like is because of the people that abuse it, not becasue of the map itself.

TeoVolcano

Forum Veteran
Aug 20, 2015
Under your bed
Favorites:
-Fort: I enjoy playing in this map, because PvP is fast, there are different ways to attack your enemy and you can come up with different strategies during the match.
-Arena: it's a good map, my favorite one according to the building itself.
-Bridge, soul sand, garden and sandstone: I do also like this maps because they are good looking and perfect for PvP. There are just a few elements that can be used to camp/hide (which usually makes the game boring).

Dislike:
- Ice rink and frost: PvPing on ice is difficult. I'd only like playing on ice maps if the whole ground was made of ice, so players could keep sprinting while PvPing. :p
--Lava pools: in this map, games usually end up with one of the players falling in lava and dying. Also, I find it too big for a 1v1, maybe because of the spikes, idk.
- Pond: euhmmmm, not enough space for Pvp, the pond is too big, and the slimeblocks (even though they make the building look better) don't let players PvP fluently. NO WATER (maybe replacing it with blue and white glass would be a nice way to make the map better)

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
Dislike
-Frost the guy that thaught ice was good for pvp had to be drunk
-ice rink ^
-courtyard the tallgrass is annoying
-western you can walk to the stone on the outside
-maze awfull for bow
-pond too much water
I'd suggest adding a barrier block roof on all maps so you can't enderpearl out

-flat maps without too much water/lava & no ice at all

gigglydonkey

Jun 13, 2016
Lava River, Fairies, Forest, Underwater, Courtyard, End, Bridge, Soul Sand, Garden, Frost, Sandstone, Western, Bath, Ice Rink, Lava pools, Cactus, Maze, Pond, Floppy bird, Fort, Picnic, Arena, Playground, Bird, boom

Favorites:
Fairies: the water in the middle makes pvp more fun. could be advantageous or disadvantageous for pvping.
Forest: one of those ideal pvp maps
Bridge: it's cute and creative
Ice rink: I read the comments that people don't like it but I think it's interesting
Fort: I've just liked playing on this map.
Picnic: colorful and I could climb on the hot dog
Playground: the slide in the middle keeps things interesting

Dislikes:
Courtyard: not enough even playing field
Soul Sand: I like the terrain but dull in color
Garden: people hide behind structures too often and too hard to chase them around
Frost and Sandstone: too open
Bath: too much water. the game could be boring since whoever ends up in the water is basically bound to lose

sdgd

Sep 18, 2015
Favourite:
Sandstone: Enough place, nothing stands in your way. Perfect!
Ice rink: the same as sandstone. Also fine is that stage around the pvp arena.

Least fovorite:
Bath: Many people go under water, and many people find the underwater pvp not as "fun"
Floppy bird: Same opinion as @Buddy_CC

TheCraftBro

May 27, 2016
Dislike: Picnic. I always fall out.
Like/Neutral: All of the rest.

ALSO: Can I suggest removing the bow kit from 1.8 PVP? It's pointless...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom