Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Hey fellow players!
I noticed ButWhyThough in a lobby, conversation follows..
(ButWhyTh

:Emerald: OfficiallyBerre: ButWhyThough duel me
:Emerald: ButWhyThough: sure

Just to be clear: we dueled three times, he won twice, I won once. But ofcourse I dont share my losses with the community :D

~Berre
@Jespunyyy wanted tag, so here you go
GG that was a long figh dude!
You should take is place on the leader board xD

Reactions: Priley

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
GG that was a long figh dude!
You should take is place on the leader board xD
I'd love to be on a leaderboard! Especially on the Skywars or Eggwars leaderboard. Unfortunately, these leaderboards do not reflect skill-level, but how active you are.. I suggested Monthly Leaderboards, but Cubecraft seems to ignore all good suggestions

A

A pigeon

@effot Almost everything you said was incorrect. @CommunistCactus some of your info was wrong as well

PvP Changes past 1.9:
1.9.2: Adds toughness and armor piercing
1.10: Rods pulling in players now becomes a vanilla mechanic (not 100% sure)
1.11: Fixes the saturation system so that it heals 65% of what it did previously, also makes shields block 100% of damage in a 120 degree radius in the front
Somewhere between 1.10 and 1.12: Dramatic hit detection improvement

As for changes in the healing system, doing a consistent test where you take a 23 block fall with 1.5 hunger bars lost to drain to half a heart, you'll find that 1.8 takes 77 seconds to heal with just standard food. In 1.12 it takes 57 seconds with carrots, 46 seconds with cooked rabbit, 27 seconds with steak, and 23 seconds with golden carrots. Golden apples remain pretty OP, taking about 8 seconds to bring you back to full health. But, healing potions will do the same thing in 5.2 seconds so it's not that legitimate of a complaint. Verdict: 1.12 fixes the healing system. With the next thing, we could make the argument that 1.8 has the problem worse than 1.12.

Also, 1.12 DPS exceeds 1.8 in the majority of scenarios. This ranges from 0.93x for a no-crit iron armor / iron sword match all the way to 3.17x for an all-crit PotPvP match. btw, the potpvp match would take 6.16 seconds in 1.12 so not even in PotPvP can the gapple bring you back quickly enough. Verdict: 1.12 fights are shorter when 2 good players are playing, and the healing system doesn't affect fights

The shield changes in 1.11 is the change I'm least excited about, but it doesn't affect fights nearly to the degree you think. You can easily just crit around them and they won't be able to do much about it. If they back into a corner, drop lava. Verdict: Easy to bypass

Also, why do 1.8 people never admit to 1.8's own problems - like never being able to catch people that run away? In 1.8 you have two things to catch runners - speed 2 potions, which allow you to land one single hit roughly every 8-10 seconds and flame bows, which become harder to use with every missed hit and can easily be extinguished. Not very good. In 1.12, you gain so much - slowness arrows, levitation arrows, dramatically improved bows, tridents in 1.14, rods that pull people in, and the offhand allows you to do more things at once. That's something that 1.12 definitely improves, but you never bring that up

And hit detection in 1.12 is 10 times better than 1.8, but that's never brought up because it harms your argument.

And most importantly, you guys seem to forget all the good stuff that doesn't directly affect PvP, but still provides an interesting addition. Elytra is always cool, and I've done some sky based bow fights. They're actually a ton of fun, and definitely one that takes a lot of skill. Magma blocks were also a sneaky addition in 1.10, which is basically a cactus that can be placed anywhere. They can be used as an interesting combo starter if you know how to make proper use of them. Also, chorus fruit can mix up fights a bit when you're struggling to win one. Finally, while it's a bit of a cheap move it's hilarious to blow people up with ender crystals as they would've never seen it coming.
1.9 brought in player reeling rods, the percentage of that happening in combat is so low even with Lure. Ps 1.10 was where items coukd be reeled in with fishing rods.

SwiftySwoo

Sep 2, 2016
After having checked cubecraft forums for the first time in like 3 months or something, kinda smh cause ppl are still arguing about 1.7/1.8 vs 1.9+ combat. I've played both equally as long, been playing since the year 2012. First just for some input, I think the direction of minecraft is turning away from the whole PvP aspect and trying to make it have more story depth, which is why they added the Trident (which is completely different from everything else in the game). As for food regeneration, I personally do not like how fast food heals in 1.9, in my opinion food should not have such a drastic change on a fight. For 1.9 players who argue that you can get crit out while eating during a fight, in 1.8 there is no benefit to eating unless from a far distance. Eating in 1.7/1.8 because it still heals but it does not change or has a very small impact on the outcome of a fight. As for 1.9, a player can heal back 3+ hearts with most of the better foods (Steak, Porkchop etc), which removes the fastpace of a fight. For example, when I play iron warrior, I can outhit my opponent, and still lose because they ate a Golden Apple (whilst I was critting them). Food is supposed to be eaten once in a while, not every 10 seconds. Although I like both 1.7 and 1.9 PvP, 1.9 has more flaws than 1.7 has. The only flaw with 1.7 PvP in my opinion is cheating which can also be applied to 1.9. As for 1.9, shields in 1.10+ (or whatever version blocks 100% damage) are still broken in my opinion. Instead of having axes disable a weapon, every item has a disable but varying times. Axes would disable for longer than swords would. Fishing rods barely pull players, it has little to no impact on PvP (try it yourself). Almost all of the famous 1.7 PvP gamemodes are copied into the Cube kits but are completely broken due to the cooldown. Also lag effects PvP a lot more than it does to 1.7 PvP. I'm done ranting, I feel bad for @OfficiallyBerre sorry. pce

F

Facelurite

After having checked cubecraft forums for the first time in like 3 months or something, kinda smh cause ppl are still arguing about 1.7/1.8 vs 1.9+ combat. I've played both equally as long, been playing since the year 2012. First just for some input, I think the direction of minecraft is turning away from the whole PvP aspect and trying to make it have more story depth, which is why they added the Trident (which is completely different from everything else in the game). As for food regeneration, I personally do not like how fast food heals in 1.9, in my opinion food should not have such a drastic change on a fight. For 1.9 players who argue that you can get crit out while eating during a fight, in 1.8 there is no benefit to eating unless from a far distance. Eating in 1.7/1.8 because it still heals but it does not change or has a very small impact on the outcome of a fight. As for 1.9, a player can heal back 3+ hearts with most of the better foods (Steak, Porkchop etc), which removes the fastpace of a fight. For example, when I play iron warrior, I can outhit my opponent, and still lose because they ate a Golden Apple (whilst I was critting them). Food is supposed to be eaten once in a while, not every 10 seconds. Although I like both 1.7 and 1.9 PvP, 1.9 has more flaws than 1.7 has. The only flaw with 1.7 PvP in my opinion is cheating which can also be applied to 1.9. As for 1.9, shields in 1.10+ (or whatever version blocks 100% damage) are still broken in my opinion. Instead of having axes disable a weapon, every item has a disable but varying times. Axes would disable for longer than swords would. Fishing rods barely pull players, it has little to no impact on PvP (try it yourself). Almost all of the famous 1.7 PvP gamemodes are copied into the Cube kits but are completely broken due to the cooldown. Also lag effects PvP a lot more than it does to 1.7 PvP. I'm done ranting, I feel bad for @OfficiallyBerre sorry. pce
Saturation and armor were both fixed in 1.9.4. From my experience shields are balanced for PvE but completely broken in PvP situations.

How do you like the trident?

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow to I guess.