• Add only DTC!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LunariusFlare

Aug 9, 2016
United States
TL;DR provided at end.
I didn't want to make two posts, so I will try to condense both suggestions into this one post.
IMO the anticheat should be of highest priority to the developers right now. If staff would like to consider this idea, please finish the AC first :p

Suggestion 1: XML Map System

So, I've noticed something that happens when maps start in Eggwars. A few times (in solo mainly), each generator has the sign above it say something like this:
Iron

Or something along the lines of that. It seems that everytime a round starts, either:
A. the coordinates for all the generators are preloaded
B. the plugin has to search and find all generators
However, I had an idea for when map submissions reopen. Mapmakers could bundle XML files with their maps that define basic behaviors. Maybe something like this in Eggwars, for example:
<map author="LunariusHydra" name="Example Map" type="eggwars">
<teams>
<team color="Red" players="5">
<spawnzones> ... etc </spawnzones>
<egg>0,0,0</egg>
</team>
</teams>
<generators>
<generator type="diamond" level="1"/>
</generators>
</map>

As a basic uncompleted example.
This could be used for lots of things and could be used to add custom behavior to maps (block drops, custom kits, etc)
Suggestion 2: CTW/DTC Gamemode(s)
CTW/DTC were some of the earlier gamemodes for PvP, but are now largely unknown and unplayed. Almost no servers do this - none of the large networks, and almost no small networks have plugins to run these gamemodes. However, the XML system would play a crucial part in these gamemodes (defining spawn areas, etc)
CTW:
CTW is Capture the Wool. There can be 2-4 teams. Each team has a spawn area, and a predefined loadout (no buyable kits, etc.) Each team also has 2-3 woolrooms depending on the map. The woolrooms are made of bedrock, with some wool outside to represent what color of wool it is. The entrances are blocked with destroyable cobwebs. Inside, there are chests of wool, as well as some useful gear (diamond helmet, gapples, whatever the mapmaker chooses. Nothing too OP of course.)
Then, the player must bring the wool back successfully to their spawnroom. Then, they will place it on the Victory Monument. Once a team has placed all the wools, they win.
Each side also should have a source of water and iron (usually iron blocks.) Then, they can craft armor, buckets, etc.
The map should also be mineable, besides spawnrooms, a bedrock layer, and woolrooms. This is part of the traditional CTW gamemode - stealth.
DTC:
There are 2-4 teams. Each team has Core(s) and/or Monument(s). These are made of obsidian, and float above their side of the map. The Monument is an obsidian pillar or block, whereas the Core is an obsidian sphere with lava inside. If lava leaks from the Core, that objective is completed. If a Monument has been completely destroyed, that objective is completed. As with CTW, maps should have XML as well as iron/water.
Also, both gamemodes should have a scoreboard on the side that keeps track of objectives.
Summary (TL;DR):
An XML system will allow maps to be extremely customised. CTW/DTC gamemodes are very unplayed at the moment, though introducing these gamemodes would revive ancient parts of the PvP community. In conjunction with a fixed AC, this could bring many new players to the server.
Please don't say "CTW is pretty much BlockWars." It's really not. There is no crafting or any of that, just build defense, run to enemy side, and capture the flag. After a while, the gameplay is sort of bland.

If I wasn't clear enough, search for CTW/DTC servers or videos. But this post is long, so I'll stop here.

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
DTC Would be a copy of 2 things. Another version of blockwars core version, and a copy of a map/minigame that is already made and cubecraft doesn't copy other servers or maps. CTW should be on a game all on its own. But that is also still too similar to blockwars ctf version
TL;DR provided at end.
I didn't want to make two posts, so I will try to condense both suggestions into this one post.
IMO the anticheat should be of highest priority to the developers right now. If staff would like to consider this idea, please finish the AC first :p

Suggestion 1: XML Map System

So, I've noticed something that happens when maps start in Eggwars. A few times (in solo mainly), each generator has the sign above it say something like this:
Iron

Or something along the lines of that. It seems that everytime a round starts, either:
A. the coordinates for all the generators are preloaded
B. the plugin has to search and find all generators
However, I had an idea for when map submissions reopen. Mapmakers could bundle XML files with their maps that define basic behaviors. Maybe something like this in Eggwars, for example:
<map author="LunariusHydra" name="Example Map" type="eggwars">
<teams>
<team color="Red" players="5">
<spawnzones> ... etc </spawnzones>
<egg>0,0,0</egg>
</team>
</teams>
<generators>
<generator type="diamond" level="1"/>
</generators>
</map>

As a basic uncompleted example.
This could be used for lots of things and could be used to add custom behavior to maps (block drops, custom kits, etc)
Suggestion 2: CTW/DTC Gamemode(s)
CTW/DTC were some of the earlier gamemodes for PvP, but are now largely unknown and unplayed. Almost no servers do this - none of the large networks, and almost no small networks have plugins to run these gamemodes. However, the XML system would play a crucial part in these gamemodes (defining spawn areas, etc)
CTW:
CTW is Capture the Wool. There can be 2-4 teams. Each team has a spawn area, and a predefined loadout (no buyable kits, etc.) Each team also has 2-3 woolrooms depending on the map. The woolrooms are made of bedrock, with some wool outside to represent what color of wool it is. The entrances are blocked with destroyable cobwebs. Inside, there are chests of wool, as well as some useful gear (diamond helmet, gapples, whatever the mapmaker chooses. Nothing too OP of course.)
Then, the player must bring the wool back successfully to their spawnroom. Then, they will place it on the Victory Monument. Once a team has placed all the wools, they win.
Each side also should have a source of water and iron (usually iron blocks.) Then, they can craft armor, buckets, etc.
The map should also be mineable, besides spawnrooms, a bedrock layer, and woolrooms. This is part of the traditional CTW gamemode - stealth.
DTC:
There are 2-4 teams. Each team has Core(s) and/or Monument(s). These are made of obsidian, and float above their side of the map. The Monument is an obsidian pillar or block, whereas the Core is an obsidian sphere with lava inside. If lava leaks from the Core, that objective is completed. If a Monument has been completely destroyed, that objective is completed. As with CTW, maps should have XML as well as iron/water.
Also, both gamemodes should have a scoreboard on the side that keeps track of objectives.
Summary (TL;DR):
An XML system will allow maps to be extremely customised. CTW/DTC gamemodes are very unplayed at the moment, though introducing these gamemodes would revive ancient parts of the PvP community. In conjunction with a fixed AC, this could bring many new players to the server.
Please don't say "CTW is pretty much BlockWars." It's really not. There is no crafting or any of that, just build defense, run to enemy side, and capture the flag. After a while, the gameplay is sort of bland.

If I wasn't clear enough, search for CTW/DTC servers or videos. But this post is long, so I'll stop here.

LunariusFlare

Aug 9, 2016
United States
DTC Would be a copy of 2 things. Another version of blockwars core version, and a copy of a map/minigame that is already made and cubecraft doesn't copy other servers or maps. CTW should be on a game all on its own. But that is also still too similar to blockwars ctf version
DTC has very few similarities to BlockWars Core - honestly, I don't like how it's just plain PvP. Build defense, then try and mine in which takes forever. After a while, the gameplay gets pretty bland. DTC has an obsidian core which you have to leak and protect. You have to protect it all game, because there is no build period - the round starts, and you begin defending/offending immediately.
I know a server that does have DTC. However, it's a really small server, and so I think it would be cool to add it Cubecraft. What server/minigame are you talking about?
CTW also has very few similarities to BlockWars CTF. Same thing as Core - you have two minutes to defend with just one block type, same kits, same maps, over and over. Adding CTW would introduce new gameplay capabilities (waterbuckets, craftable armor, better defense [crafting tables, etc]). CTW and DTC had a huge part in the competitive community before servers like Badlion came along, mainly on the Overcast Network (now closed.) If you google videos of CTW, you will see it is nothing like Blockwars CTF.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
DTC has very few similarities to BlockWars Core - honestly, I don't like how it's just plain PvP. Build defense, then try and mine in which takes forever. After a while, the gameplay gets pretty bland. DTC has an obsidian core which you have to leak and protect. You have to protect it all game, because there is no build period - the round starts, and you begin defending/offending immediately.
I know a server that does have DTC. However, it's a really small server, and so I think it would be cool to add it Cubecraft. What server/minigame are you talking about?
CTW also has very few similarities to BlockWars CTF. Same thing as Core - you have two minutes to defend with just one block type, same kits, same maps, over and over. Adding CTW would introduce new gameplay capabilities (waterbuckets, craftable armor, better defense [crafting tables, etc]). CTW and DTC had a huge part in the competitive community before servers like Badlion came along, mainly on the Overcast Network (now closed.) If you google videos of CTW, you will see it is nothing like Blockwars CTF.
There's also the paintball minigame in Arcade. There are a few maps that have CTF-style gameplay.
I like the idea of an XML system though!

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Currently working on “New Skyblock Island” suggestion #7! It might be the most detailed one yet.
EpicShotz1432 wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
EpicShotz1432 wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday 🎂
JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
Sorry, I thought you are just mad at me. I keep reporting these stuff, and thought my name is all over the reports. :)
UncleSpect wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Hi Bram! Welcome back! I missed you bro 🥹
Top Bottom