Do you think my suggestion was a:

• Good idea?

• Bad idea!

• I have no opinion when it comes to this

Results are only viewable after voting.

Thea77661

Jun 5, 2016
Sweden
Have you ever made a report when a player has broken the rules? Have they then got banned but then you hear they got unbanned because they have a friend who is staff and unbanned them? No? Well, I have!

Just a few hours ago, me and my friend was playing against some crossteamers. So he died on purpose to be able to record and report. The staff told us it was handled and we continued to play. But then we see those crossteamers in a lobby, and asked if they got a warning. They told us they got banned for 24 hours, but that a friend to them who was staff unbanned them after 2 minutes or something. How ducking unfair isn’t that? Breaking the rules and then get unbanned just because you know a staff? I believe that the staff who unbanned them was abusing his/her rank!

As you might understand when you read the title, my suggestion, who is mostly for staffs, but also something that could make it better for the players - that the staff has to doublecheck with at least 5 other staffs before unbanning, because otherwise it could just end like this!

Also, I have a link to the video we used for the reporting, tell me if you want it to be linked so you could watch and say whatever you think of it.

Any thoughts about this? Please make a comment then! :)

lindgren

Jan 18, 2018
Players shouldn't be able to be unbanned without appealing at all, it is really unfair that some people can get unbanned faster (if it actually was false) if they know a staff, and that they can be unbanned even if someone have proof against them.

Checking with 5 staffs would slow down the appeals a lot and that is probably not possible to do, but if the first staff member that check the appeal thinks that the player should be unbanned, then they may check it with one or two more staffs though, and if they agree, then the player would be unbanned but if they don't, the appeal will stay open until more staff members can check the proof

Thea77661

Jun 5, 2016
Sweden
Players shouldn't be able to be unbanned without appealing at all, it is really unfair that some people can get unbanned faster (if it actually was false) if they know a staff, and that they can be unbanned even if someone have proof against them.

Checking with 5 staffs would slow down the appeals a lot and that is probably not possible to do, but if the first staff member that check the appeal thinks that the player should be unbanned, then they may check it with one or two more staffs though, and if they agree, then the player would be unbanned but if they don't, the appeal will stay open until more staff members can check the proof
I agree with you, well said!:)

Reactions: lindgren

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Sooo as it is now:
you head to staff member 1 and ask him to get unbanned: "You should talk to #staffMember2 since he banned you."
you head to staff member 2 and ask him to get unbanned: "I clearly saw you flying over the map, I'm not unbanning"
you head to staff member 3 and ask him to get unbanned: "You should talk to #staffMember2 since he banned you."
you head to staff member 4 and ask him to get unbanned: "You should talk to #staffMember2 since he banned you."
you head to staff member 5 and ask him to get unbanned: "You should talk to #staffMember2 since he banned you."

I don't see why any other staff member would unban in staffMember2's behalf.
My reasoning is that if staffMember2 banned you, he had good reason to and I won't undo his punishment without checking with him first anyways.
If you think a staff member was acting outside of his jurisdiction, like banning you for saying "nuv", you can always make a staff report on the forums.
TL;DR: We all follow the same well defined rules, all mods will say the same thing.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
It’s a staff member their decision to unban the player or not. If their appeal was good enough we unban. If the staff member really unbanned someone because it’s their friend, you should create a thread on the staff support section. Someone from higher up will look into it.

It’s really not needed to check with 5 other staffs if we should unban them or not, as everyone thinks differently about it

Last edited:
Reactions: CommunistCactus

lindgren

Jan 18, 2018
It’s really not needed to check with 5 other staffs if we should unban them or not, as everyone think differently about it
That doesn't make any sense lol, shouldn't "everyone think differently about it" be an argument for this instead of against? It everyone think differently about it but only one staff member get to decide, then it is not fair, it's just luck

Reactions: Thea77661

Thea77661

Jun 5, 2016
Sweden
That doesn't make any sense lol, shouldn't "everyone think differently about it" be an argument for this instead of against? It everyone think differently about it but only one staff member get to decide, then it is not fair, it's just luck
Totally agree! Though, I mean, a staff could of course think differently, but like you said, its not fair if only one staff member gets to decide and therefor they should act more alike when it comes to banning/unbanning.

Reactions: lindgren

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Have you ever made a report when a player has broken the rules? Have they then got banned but then you hear they got unbanned because they have a friend who is staff and unbanned them? No? Well, I have!

Just a few hours ago, me and my friend was playing against some crossteamers. So he died on purpose to be able to record and report. The staff told us it was handled and we continued to play. But then we see those crossteamers in a lobby, and asked if they got a warning. They told us they got banned for 24 hours, but that a friend to them who was staff unbanned them after 2 minutes or something. How ducking unfair isn’t that? Breaking the rules and then get unbanned just because you know a staff? I believe that the staff who unbanned them was abusing his/her rank!

As you might understand when you read the title, my suggestion, who is mostly for staffs, but also something that could make it better for the players - that the staff has to doublecheck with at least 5 other staffs before unbanning, because otherwise it could just end like this!

Also, I have a link to the video we used for the reporting, tell me if you want it to be linked so you could watch and say whatever you think of it.

Any thoughts about this? Please make a comment then! :)

Do you have discord? If so add me because I would like to discuss this.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Well, if you have evidence of your claim that someone was really unbanned because they're friends with a staff member, then I would partly agree with your suggestion.
Yes, the Staff member would be abusing its rank. But even then, to add a rule where 5 other staff members have to double check the appeal to decide wether someone gets unbanned is a but too much. Due to Cubecraft's staff team not being the biggest out there. Adding this rule could result into slowing the process of reviewing appeals and reports, which could lead to even more complaints from the community.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Totally agree! Though, I mean, a staff could of course think differently, but like you said, its not fair if only one staff member gets to decide and therefor they should act more alike when it comes to banning/unbanning.
That's not how being a staff member works. We also don't decide with 5 staffers every report we get. That would be way to much work. Yes we do ask opinions on suspicious cases if it's not clear, but if something's real clear it shouldn't be reviewed 5 times. If someone abuses his rank, you can report him with evidence, so someone can look into it. No need to cause extra delay to things. + what lez said, it was the staffer his decision to ban, he should decide to unban or not (with a right reason).

Reactions: BlueMoon475

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
With this, I find that if 5 staff members have to look at a report, or an appeal, then it will be super time-consuming, considering we do have other commitments on the server like our general moderation. Having 5 staff members review report evidence, and appeals will just lead to unnecessary wait times, especially when some of the appeals are pure jibber-jabber.

All of the moderators (apart from a few who may have gone through the process beforehand) have gone through a helper process where they learn the ins and outs of what it takes to be a moderator — including extremely accurate detecting of illegal clients. This allows for, if or when they get promoted, the reports they deal with to be looked at with precision (and in some cases, they will ask for help).

As a result, this will lead to a strenuous cycle for active moderators in the team, as they will be constantly looking at videos that have already received a judgement independently. There are lots of circumstances, as well, that may lead to controversy. What if the votes are at 3-2, or 2-3? It’s too close, and with such demand for reports + appeals, we’d much rather not spend 15 minutes on one player when we can ban 15 players in 15 minutes.

Therefore, I do not agree with this suggestion.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
If Cubecraft were about 50x smaller, I'd say this would be a fine suggestion. We deal with hundreds of bans a day. Our staff don't have time to consult with 4 other people over every single ban. We trust them to make the correct decision with their punishments.

That said, if you believe a member of staff is abusing their power, please report them here: https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/staff-feedback.53/

Shifts

Oct 18, 2017
Somewhere On Earth
I don’t agree with this at all and would love to see this video because
First (I might be wrong) but I feel like this scenario was made up.

Second, a lot of staff members are busy and wouldn’t want to look at a case that 1. They don’t know anything about and a case they they don’t know what exactly happened 2. A case that many other staffs already viewed.

Third, sometimes reports are false, for example my friend PheonixFF was falsely banned for hacking 3 times and was unbanned every time, but the point is that sometimes reports and decisions made by the staff are unfair and when the staff realizes that, they should be allowed to change their decision on whether they should punish a player or not without the approval of 4 other staff that would say the same thing.
Overall, I feel like adding this system would just be a waste of time.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
[...]sometimes reports and decisions made by the staff are unfair and when the staff realizes that, they should be allowed to change their decision on whether they should punish a player or not without the approval of 4 other staff that would say the same thing.
Overall, I feel like adding this system would just be a waste of time.
If ever a staff member has a doubt about an appeal/ban etc.. we always ask other staff members. Yes, people submit fake reports, but if we detect those reports as fake we ban the person reporting instead of the reported player.

Our goal isn't to punish innocent players.

Shifts

Oct 18, 2017
Somewhere On Earth
If ever a staff member has a doubt about an appeal/ban etc.. we always ask other staff members. Yes, people submit fake reports, but if we detect those reports as fake we ban the person reporting instead of the reported player.

Our goal isn't to punish innocent players.
I did not say fake reports but unfair reports and false bans. By the way two of the three times my friend pheonixFF was banned was because of a video that your staff made... and he was eventually unbanned, but just so you don’t misinterpret what I just said, they didn’t make fake reports but they made a false report lol

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
I did not say fake reports but unfair reports and false bans. By the way two of the three times my friend pheonixFF was banned was because of a video that your staff made... and he was eventually unbanned, but just so you don’t misinterpret what I just said, they didn’t make fake reports but they made a false report lol
Made as in manufactured or recorded?
If it's recorded I don't see any problem with your friend being banned.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg:
Top Bottom