• Yes!

• No! (comment why)

Results are only viewable after voting.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hello, it's me, RemiO05 and I would like to introduce you to one of my new ideas!
This time, it's about the Discord server! I think we need a bot. (Don't become mad, please read the whole thread!)
That bot is called Mee6, and it would be very handy to use this bot!

-Why?
-Who are gonna use the bot?
-Guide for moderator+
-What if they don't want to add the bot?
-Conclusion
-Tags

Why do you think this bot is useful?
I think this bot is useful because it has some nice functions, like !clear, !mute, and you can block swear words!
For example, you can easily use !clear if someone is spamming! It's too hard to remove all the messages by yourself!
This is a useful addition for the Discord server, because you can prevent players from breaking the rules :)

Who are gonna use this bot?
Players with moderator+ will be able to use this command, and some commands are going to be disabled, because they are not useful.
Some examples from commands/messages which are going to be disabled: the music commands, the level commands, the timers and the welcome messages.

Guide for moderator+
I decided to add a guide to my thread, because some people don't know how to use Mee6.

How to use !clear?
If you want to remove 10 messages, use !clear 10.
If you want to remove 20 messages, use !clear 20, and if you want to remove all the messages from 1 single player, use !clear @[tag].
It's not that hard to use !clear. :)
Keep in mind that you can only remove messages which are younger than 2 weeks.

How to use !mute?
It's very easy to use the !mute command.
If you want to mute someone, use !mute @[tag], and if you want to unmute someone, use !unmute @[tag].

How to block swear words?
Go to the Mee6 site, go to Moderator and fill in the words!

What if the management team doesn't want to add the Mee6 bot?
So, what if they want to make a bot by themself?
I would like to see a couple of features if they create a bot by themself.
-The /clear command.
-The /mute command. (It will disallow the player to talk in a certain chat, until a staff member unmute them.)
-A feature to block some swear words.

Conclusion:
My suggestion is: Add the Mee6 bot and only enable the moderator commands, because this would be a useful addition!

(Sorry, but this thread isn't that long because I made the thread at school!)

Last edited:
T

The Lord Pleb

I like the idea. It's also true what iLoveYouu says, I don't think they add to the bot, because of the fact that they will create theirs (if the idea is accepted).
You could also put other types of bots, such as the Nightbot, or the Dyno. In any case, I like the idea.
(Sorry for not working a lot on the answer, I'm in the clinic schedule doing a food collection.)

D

Deleted member 352903

Hello, it's me, RemiO05 and I would like to introduce you to one of my new ideas!
This time, it's about the Discord server! I think we need a bot. (Don't become mad, please read the whole thread!)

-Why?
-Guide for moderator+
-Conclusion
-Tags

I think this bot is useful because it has some nice functions, like !clear, !mute, and you can block swear words!
For example, you can easily use !clear if someone is spamming! It's too hard to remove all the messages by yourself!
This is a useful addition for the Discord server, because you can prevent players from breaking the rules :)

Players with moderator+ will be able to use this command, and some commands are going to be disabled, because they are not useful.
Some examples from commands/messages which are going to be disabled: the music commands, the level commands, the timers and the welcome messages.

Guide for moderator+
I decided to add a guide to my thread, because some people don't know how to use Mee6.

How to use !clear?
If you want to remove 20 messages, use !clear 20, and if you want to remove all the messages from 1 single player, use !clear @[tag].

How to use !mute?
If you want to mute someone, use !mute @[tag], and if you want to unmute someone, use !unmute @[tag].

I would like to see a couple of features if they create a bout by themself.
-The /clear command.
-The /mute command. (It will disallow the player to talk in a certain chat, until a staff member unmute them.)

Conclusion:
My suggestion is: Add the Mee6 bot and only enable the moderator commands, because this would be a useful addition!

So you’re doing this at school!? >:U you are not studying!? >:U

P.S.: nice suggestion C:

Oh, btw I am in math class >: D

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
As stated above, they will probably create their own bot. Having a bot which gives the staff members permissions to several handy features will only make moderating easier for them. Muting someone in Discord? Nah, it’s like forbidding someone to chat for a while. I think warning and kicking the users for their actions is still better than having a !mute command. Making a bot to make it harder for the players to violate the rules is definitely something they should discuss.

Last edited:

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

-Why?
-Guide for moderator+
-Conclusion
-Tags

Guide for moderator+

How to use !clear?

How to use !mute?

I would like to see a couple of features if they create a bout by themself.
-The /clear command.

Conclusion:

If I know anything about cubecraft, they will probably make their own bot. I like the reasoning here though.
+1

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
This will help the staff members moderate the discord server and it has a lot of handy features. It would be nice to see a bot like this getting added so that people already can't say some bad words or innapropriate stuff. It would be cool to see that they add custom made commands to make it easier to moderate the server. Great suggestion :D

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
We only add the moderator commands and disable the other commands.
Why add a bot, built with over 100 commands and options built in, but use only 5/6 of its commands? They've got the means to make their own, with the added bonus of being able to control what everything does to the smallest detail.

Sep 10, 2016
Coool place in the 'south'
I agree with the aspect that the Discord server should receive something to make moderation easier for Moderators and vice versa. I feel a mute command would be ample as well as clearing messages as well. As stated by many users these features will just make moderation easy and simple for moderators. As well as management. We all understand these people have lives and therefore a bot might not be such a bad idea.

Honestly, what is there too loose with this? Yes, there may be queries like why is it necessary etc. Personally, I am all for this as we could try this and maybe see where it is taken in the future.

Reactions: remio
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

blazingwind47 wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
u seem like a cool person
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Cool person appreciation moment!:D
Basketman wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom