Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should an events channel be added to Discord?

• Yes

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Hello :)
I think with CubeCraft “focusing on the community” and all recently, I think a good step is having an events channel in Discord, for official competitions, community events, and more. The thing is, you can’t really tag everyone in the forums, so not everyone is aware that there is an event happening.
I’ve noticed that not a lot of people are submitting content for the competitions (currently the valentines competition), but with it being on Discord, many more people would know about it, and it’s just an easier way of showcasing the winners of the completions and so on.
The events channel could hold more community events such as meetups, streams, community games, Marketplace free showcase (where one of the Marketplace worlds is transferred to a server for a couple of hours so players can join and play the world with other event attendees for free), etc.
Obviously there might be some confusion on who will be where because there are two different platforms, but they will have to be different times, so that one time is Bedrock, the next time is Java, and so on, so that there aren’t two events going on in different platforms at the same time.

Overall this would be great, because right now the announcements channel isn’t only really for server news, and nothing really community-based, so I feel like there should be a whole new channel for community announcements. The events and competitions would still be on the forums as well, just more focused on Discord.
Thanks! ;)

D

Deleted member 294498

Nah, I like the way how it is now.

Altough, you're kinda ''spamming'' with suggestions ;p

D

Deleted member 294498

Haha sorry, I had a lot of suggestions of my mind, this should be the last one for quite some time ;)
I don't bother it though.
But it's great that you're helping the community with suggesting new things!
:)

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
I think the way how they do it, is better, I get why you suggest this and it is a good one but I think people will think something others, like me.

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
I think the way how they do it, is better, I get why you suggest this and it is a good one but I think people will think something others, like me.
Fair enough. People want to keep the Discord as a communication platform only, which is understandable. I just thought it might be a good move for CubeCraft with them focusing on the community and all.
Thanks for the opinion :)

Reactions: Zathelas

Fisktratt

Forum Expert
Sep 15, 2018
Sweden
The thing is, you can’t really tag everyone in the forums, so not everyone is aware that there is an event happening.
There's a feature to "watch" a forum. If you do so, you can get notifications for new threads, etc. This could be a great way to get more people to discover the forums though, so I agree with it.
upload_2020-2-10_8-17-20.jpeg
upload_2020-2-10_8-17-25.png

Reactions: TeamTMS

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
There's a feature to "watch" a forum. If you do so, you can get notifications for new threads, etc. This could be a great way to get more people to discover the forums though, so I agree with it.
Hey, thanks for that. But my point is that not everyone that goes on the forum watches it. Alot of new members are on the forums for a little while and then leave, where as on Discord, they have all of their communications in one place, so they can get notified even if they aren't "watching" it, or even if they forgot about the CubeCraft events. I hope I explained that well, but thanks anyways :)

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on SlinkyGnu05604's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Alexp192's profile.
You are cool Alex!:D
Apparently three years, so time for cake 🍰
1715552101512.png
Elenahh wrote on Livvv's profile.
Better!
Kazwa wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
happy birthday!
Top Bottom