Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
Hello, CubeCraft community.

If you are a regular user of the CubeCraft Games Discord, then you will know what #staff-help means, but if not, I will explain rather briefly. "#staff-help" is the Discord channel where players can interact with staff if they have a question or query towards a staff member, reports, or the network. Today, I want to go over the channel, as well as a few other things that might happen outside of it. The channel gets a lot of questions every day from players around the globe, and it is the job of the Helpers, Moderators, and Senior Moderators to make sure that a player receives a response back from their inquiry.

This doesn't mean that they are always available though. The CubeCraft Games staff team mainly consists of volunteers. This means, Moderators, Helpers, and quite possibly Designers, always take the time out of their day, to build, moderate, and help members of the CubeCraft Games community. Because volunteer roles aren't paid roles, there aren't any standard regulations that show they have to be active all the time. Now, I'm not just saying you can get a staff role and expect to do what you want, as there are still guidelines that members of staff have to follow depending on their role(s).

Sometimes, when members of staff are busy or unavailable, players will take it into their own hands (in my case paws) to try and help the player in need with their inquiry. I know a lot of players might not prefer this since they might prefer to get a response from an actual staff member, but keep in mind that there are members of the community who are just trying to help other players. It doesn't matter that they don't have a staff rank, they still want to help and will do their best to.

I understand player concerns that the answers they are receiving might be false or untrue, but we shouldn't forget that the user is asking in the #staff-help channel, meaning they will eventually get a response from a member of the CubeCraft Games staff team, so staff will still answer their question. Yes, staff replies are important because there is more chance of it being true, but there are members of the community who are putting themselves out there to help players of all ranks including you reading this, and we should all appreciate that everyone is trying to help each other.

I know a lot of players don't really like this because of the number of people trying to respond to #staff-help messages, but it is better to get a response from someone rather than nobody at all, and if staff are unavailable (Normally around 2-5 am GMT), we should consider the replies given by the community members who are putting their time into helping you. So, next time you see a player responding to someone who asked in #staff-help, in another channel like #english, #java, #bedrock, etc... just remember they are trying to help others.

Most of the standard inquiries are about player reports, what is allowed, what isn't, and the players who are trying to help will more likely provide web links to official forum threads by members of the staff team. This is usually the same case for anyone asking about joining the forums, and anyone having a suggestion and feeling unsure how to suggest it. Because these linked threads are from official sources, anyone who links threads like this can rest assured they are getting 100% accurate information towards their inquiry. If players are still unsure, they could easily see the user who made the thread and their rank/position within the network.

One of the most important things we shouldn't forget is that you can't become a staff-member out of nowhere. You need to show that you are willing to help and dedicate some of your time to the CubeCraft Games network. Players who are trying to respond to questions in #staff-help might have applied to join the staff team, just their application might be marked as "considering" or "new" or even "closed". This doesn't mean they can't help players out in the process.

Feel free to show your appreciation for them, as well as yourself if you try and help players across the CubeCraft Games network.

Thank you, CubeCraft community members, and members of the staff team, for trying to make the network a better place.
(Dang I type a lot & this was only half the length of my application. Feel free to hide if this thread goes against any forum rules or creates unwanted drama.)

Entrustious6679

Mar 28, 2020
Playing CubeCraft Skywars
Hello, I just saw this thread now! The staff members and people putting themselves out there to help others with issues ranging from reporting to not receiving a rank are highly appreciated! I saw you helping others in #english and you do an amazing job helping people with ranging problems: keep up the good work and don’t let anyone put you down! Staff rank or no staff rank, it is still people taking time out of their daily life to help others :)

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
Your thread was long because the first two paragraphs are completely unnecessary. We all know what staff help is already.

Also, normal members speaking in staff thread is like going to technical support but some kid comes on and teaches you instead how to install a virus rather than fix your laptop

Reactions: Smoothlyy

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
Hello, I just saw this thread now! The staff members and people putting themselves out there to help others with issues ranging from reporting to not receiving a rank are highly appreciated! I saw you helping others in #english and you do an amazing job helping people with ranging problems: keep up the good work and don’t let anyone put you down! Staff rank or no staff rank, it is still people taking time out of their daily life to help others :)
Thanks for the support :D I do my best to provide the correct information, and only reply to players IF I know how to respond. And if I don't... I leave it for the staff team.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Luckily this thread isn't two weeks old yet! And I can still reply since I honestly have an opinion that mostly contrasts with everything you have stated here.

Sometimes, when members of staff are busy or unavailable, players will take it into their own hands (in my case paws) to try and help the player in need with their inquiry. I know a lot of players might not prefer this since they might prefer to get a response from an actual staff member, but keep in mind that there are members of the community who are just trying to help other players. It doesn't matter that they don't have a staff rank, they still want to help and will do their best to.
I really don't think that's the case. To me, from what I perceived as a member and now perceive as a Moderator is that in most of the cases people are just trying to seem helpful to the eyes of the recruitment team, perhaps to boost their chances of becoming Helpers not legitimately wanting or feeling like helping others. As I said on another thread about Mini-modding, answering people's questions in staff-help is in the most part not justified, since almost no questions require immediate attention. It feels more oportunistic than anything else, simply an attempt in making a statement, making an image.

I understand player concerns that the answers they are receiving might be false or untrue, but we shouldn't forget that the user is asking in the #staff-help channel, meaning they will eventually get a response from a member of the CubeCraft Games staff team, so staff will still answer their question. Yes, staff replies are important because there is more chance of it being true, but there are members of the community who are putting themselves out there to help players of all ranks including you reading this, and we should all appreciate that everyone is trying to help each other.
Now here you provide an argument that doesn't really favour what you're trying to prove, if players are going to receive an eventual answer anyway, there is basically no need for community members to step in and take matters into their own hands. It's just lost effort because no Moderator will go onto #english and check if the question has been answered by someone else already, they will just restate the answer, which basically proves that answering questions as a member is mostly pointless. It's no-one's responsibility apart from the Moderation team to answer inquiries and help people, and logically they're the most qualified group of people to provide correct and helpful assistance to whatever users may need it. Not to mention that a lot of the questions we get asked every day don't even have specific answers, and sometimes we ask the Moderation Team for opinions before reaching back to the user to answer the question.

One of the most important things we shouldn't forget is that you can't become a staff-member out of nowhere. You need to show that you are willing to help and dedicate some of your time to the CubeCraft Games network. Players who are trying to respond to questions in #staff-help might have applied to join the staff team, just their application might be marked as "considering" or "new" or even "closed". This doesn't mean they can't help players out in the process.
By becoming a staff-member out of nowhere do you mean that helping people on Discord is part of the process of becoming staff? Or that it's meaningful toward someone's efforts in becoming staff? If so I strongly disagree, mainly because it's not even listed in the Helper Values. Never do they encourage you to take Moderator tasks into your own hands in an attempt to prove you're good for the job, they give you other much more valid attributes that they're looking for. There are so many more ways of showing that you will make a good staff member rather than just answering questions.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on 500 msgs!
Top Bottom