• no

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
Hello everyone! I'm your casual Fennec lover, and SkyWars no-lifer~
Not gonna lie, lately I've fallen in love with 1.8 Lucky islands. I just like playing 1.8 from time to time, but it always has endless hackers: on the contrary, lucky islands has almost no hackers. I've personally played for hours on 1.8, and have yet to see at least one hacker.

Back to the point:
Pre-game chat in Lucky islands.

Honestly, I'm not sure why this even is a thing; considering SkyWars, EggWars, and practically every Solo game mode doesn't have those (apart from Minerware, and Arcades.)
You're actually able to chat before the game starts. But why can you only do that on Lucky islands, yet you can't do so in Eggwars, and SkyWars? Considering I'm the only ranked player in almost every single game, I keep getting spammed by people to vote for something specific. Out of being kind, I did it a few times. It got excessive and obnoxious.

https://imgur.com/a/6PLJYcw

This is only one example, since I didn't screenshot the ones before. There would be 2-3 people, every single game, tagging me and asking me to vote for something; most of the times, it's Crazy mode.

My suggestion is just to disable the ability of chatting, as it's extremely annoying (especially because I get pinged whenever my name is mentioned in chat); and of course, I can't report anyone because I'm using Labymod.

Before you suggest not using Labymod and report: No. I like the mod, and it has some really nice addons; I realize I can't report and I'm fine with it, because I only use Labymod in 1.8 (a mode I rarely play in, I'll do it more often now, I'm guessing).

Also, I can't report people mentioning my name once or twice in chat, asking me to vote for something; that's not against the rules. It's rather kinda rare to see people spam tag me, to the point that it can be reported for spam, as shown in the screenshot.

And no, I want to be notified whenever my name is mentioned in chat because I go AFK pretty often, and would like to know when a friend has joined my lobby and wants to say hello.

Disabling this wouldn't hurt anyone. It's already a thing in SW & EW, no idea what harm would it do by doing it in LI as well.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
But I actually like the fact that this is enabled on Lucky Islands, talking to other players, maybe them revealing their secret to rush others, asking how their day were, and so on, I've had it all :p
Yeah, there are some people who ask you to vote what they want, and I used to pick what they wanted. Okay I got bored of that after a little while, starting to just ignore it or replying with "You can do /buy to buy a rank yourself and pick something ;)" or something like that.
Most of them don't really tag me for it, so it never really bothered me and I would be sad if chat was completely disabled.
This was enabled because, before the Lucky Islands update about a year ago, you could only vote for time, and people didn't really care about that so they didn't ask for it, I guess.
Now it's different, but I don't want chat to go, I don't support the idea :/

Ghoste

Nov 30, 2016
the computer
See like SanCookie stated it's nice to talk to the other players in the pre game lobbies.
Yeah it could get annoying whenever a player repeatedly asks for a certain game mode, but like how I see it is that you get to vote for whatever you want to vote for.

I don't think pre-game lobbies should be muted.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
-1 the ability to talk pre-game means if you want to say something like gl hf or hope you play well, you don't have to spend a couple of seconds at the start of the game doing it that you could use to gear up to defend against rushers. You can chat pre-game in SG and bingo aswell, tbh this should be the case with all games.

Kloska

Duckerator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
But I actually like the fact that this is enabled on Lucky Islands, talking to other players, maybe them revealing their secret to rush others, asking how their day were, and so on, I've had it all :p
Yeah, there are some people who ask you to vote what they want, and I used to pick what they wanted. Okay I got bored of that after a little while, starting to just ignore it or replying with "You can do /buy to buy a rank yourself and pick something ;)" or something like that.
Most of them don't really tag me for it, so it never really bothered me and I would be sad if chat was completely disabled.
This was enabled because, before the Lucky Islands update about a year ago, you could only vote for time, and people didn't really care about that so they didn't ask for it, I guess.
Now it's different, but I don't want chat to go, I don't support the idea :/
@SanCookie Already stated everything good to say. I guess I'll just say that I agree with him.

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
I agree that it shouldnt be disabled tbh. Maybe they could make it against the rules to ask people to vote for something? Warnings - mutes

Ghoste

Nov 30, 2016
the computer
Maybe they could make it against the rules to ask people to vote for something? Warnings - mutes
That would mean all hell would break loose. I mean think about it, MoonlightHugs. Many players would complain and want that to be removed.

I myself would be against that, even though I have an Emerald rank.

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
That would mean all hell would break loose. I mean think about it, MoonlightHugs. Many players would complain and want that to be removed.

I myself would be against that, even though I have an Emerald rank.
But why though? Many players would complain yeah, cause they can't have their way easy anymore. They'd have to actually do what the rest of the people who vote did, and buy a rank. Only reason anyone would complain is cause they want a free ride.
It's only fair that someone who paid to be able to vote shouldn't have to deal with the constant spamming.
Everyone would just have to resort to...you know...talking to others about anything else.

Why are you against it exactly?

Ghoste

Nov 30, 2016
the computer
But why though? Many players would complain yeah, cause they can't have their way easy anymore. They'd have to actually do what the rest of the people who vote did, and buy a rank. Only reason anyone would complain is cause they want a free ride.
It's only fair that someone who paid to be able to vote shouldn't have to deal with the constant spamming.
Everyone would just have to resort to...you know...talking to others about anything else.

Why are you against it exactly?
See in my opinion I don't really care if I'm constantly spammed being told what to vote for. I just say that I want to vote for what I want to vote and just ignore them, just how everyone else who has a rank should do. If you want to vote for what the players want you to vote well then go ahead and be my guest.

Plus if the person keeps spamming when asking well then report them for spamming.

It would be sad to see Cube go that low just to stop people from asking for a certain game mode.

MoonlightHugs

May 20, 2018
Malta
See in my opinion I don't really care if I'm constantly spammed being told what to vote for. I just say that I want to vote for what I want to vote and just ignore them, just how everyone else who has a rank should do. If you want to vote for what the players want you to vote well then go ahead and be my guest.

Plus if the person keeps spamming when asking well then report them for spamming.

It would be sad to see Cube go that low just to stop people from asking for a certain game mode.
It has more to do with etiquette I guess. If you've been in the lobby for some time, having a conversation with someone with a rank and say you'd appreciate a certain gamemode sure. No prob. If you just enter a lobby and just say "vote no throwables" or something that's being obnoxious and having no etiquette.

I can't really relate to how annoying it would be seeing how I dont have a rank and all, but I'd think it could be pretty annoying if it keeps happening. I don't see how its "low". As I said, it's a quality of life improvement for people who paid money to the server. As for free players, it isnt in any way reducing their priviledges or anything. Nothings being done to them. They just cant be obnoxious to others.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
..?
-1 it could get a little bit annoying.
How can it get "annoying"? If it actually was annoying, then why aren't skywars and eggwars players complaining about it?

As for the other arguments, I have nothing to counter argue. I didn't realize how many people actually liked chatting before the game starts, and considering I'm a skywars no lifer, I didn't expect people to want this to stay either. But now I understand more. Thanks all for the feedback. :>

KellyBoo

Sep 2, 2015
Ibiza, Spain
..?

How can it get "annoying"? If it actually was annoying, then why aren't skywars and eggwars players complaining about it?

As for the other arguments, I have nothing to counter argue. I didn't realize how many people actually liked chatting before the game starts, and considering I'm a skywars no lifer, I didn't expect people to want this to stay either. But now I understand more. Thanks all for the feedback. :>
Oh, I misunderstood

Last edited:

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
Because if someone in the game has rank, everyone would start saying the item types that they want, And for me this is so annoying (It's just my opinion)
This is quite literally what my suggestion is about. Disabling the pre-game chat: because it's already a thing.
You misunderstood my suggestion; I made this to disable the chat, so that people don't
start saying the item types that they want
, therefore it wouldn't be
so annoying
I think you didn't understand what I was talking about in this thread. xd

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom