• Maybe, tell me why.

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • No, tell me why.

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters

Blocky

Forum Expert
Jun 3, 2017
CubeCraft is form my point of view, a clean and smooth Minecraft experience. These kind of modifications would just ruin the experience over all. In vanilla Minecraft you don’t have damage indicators and CubeCraft is very vanilla-ish. It gives experienced players an even higher cutting edge over new players. I know this is already used by many players, but not everyone has access to them as you said. Imagine the clean feast FFA would become if you were able to see “Oh look! Two hits and he’s gone!”.
Minecraft is a beautiful and very enjoyable game in itself, and it has become the most sold game in history for a reason. Because it doesn’t have things like damage indicators. Minecraft is simple, keep CubeCraft simple.
actually, vanilla's scoreboard command has an option to display player health in the player list. (it's something at least)

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I don’t really care if it gets added for everyone or is made banable, but it should be one of those options and not whatever you want, due to unfair advantages. The only reason I downloaded it, is because I’ve always felt like tryharders won because I couldn’t see their health (“:

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
no way, we got a professional reader right here
I never said it was fair nor do I support allowing them in the first place. Just because some players get an unfair advantage doesn't mean everyone should. That's why I said at the very top of the thread..
Just because some players get an unfair advantage doesn't mean everyone should.
There you go. I'm a professional reader. I sweat it. :)

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
actually, vanilla's scoreboard command has an option to display player health in the player list. (it's something at least)
Well yes, but my point is CubeCraft already has a simple interface and it should be kept simple. It is very easy to understand and to get used to. Especially after the Big Change. Adding stuff like this (imo) would damage this simple and smooth interface CubeCraft has.

Reactions: God.

AngelClick3r

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Oct 12, 2018
mexico
www.cubecraft.net
Es una buena sugerencia pero yo no estoy de acuerdo porque si por si hay clientes que te muestran la vida de los demás jugadores y eso es una clara ventaja y para mi es una forma de hacer trampa, pero no me molesta que usen esos clientes pero que por favor no agreguen esto a cubecraft en sus modalidades. :D

English translated.

Is a good suggestion but I do not agree because if there are customers who show you the lives of other players and that is a clear advantage and for me it is a way of cheating, but it does not bother me that they use those clients but that please do not add this to cubecraft in its modalities. :D

Ding Junhui

Novice Member
Oct 25, 2017
location, location
In vanilla Minecraft you don’t have damage indicators and CubeCraft is very vanilla-ish.
Vanilla minecraft doesn't have health bars because it wasn't created to be a primarily PVP game

I've never used a health bar mod (have thought about it) and I don't necessarily feel like it gives too much of an advantage. During a fights it quite hard to concentrate on your health, your opponent's health and pvping all at once and in 1.8 fights are generally over fairly quickly. Also, if you are lower health than your opponent during a fight and start running they'll assume that you're low health, regardless of health indicator, and chase you anyway. It would only be advantageous when you're higher health than your opponent so you know to keep fighting. I do think it will make targeting/cleaning slightly more prevalent but, having said that, even now most people just rush you anyway if you've just fought someone.

Personally I would prefer health bars to be banned completely but I not sure if it's possible to police that, maybe a dev or someone could weigh-in. Also, I believe adding a health bar takes away the skill of being able to gauge who is winning a fight by counting hits. So overall, assuming a health bar ban isn't policeable, adding health bars by default would be the fairest option.

Other options could be to have health show in tab (player list) or have it show when you bow a player. I think these are to two most common alternatives. Another add-on which I would quite like to have is to be able to see the health of the person who killed you, in chat.

Blank

Sep 19, 2017
Egypt
It's actually a good idea because most of the people who own computers with low spaces can't use forge and add mods such as damage indicators..etc, so this will be a good move and it will help those people with low spaces computers and will remove the advantage wall between the people with good computers and people with low spaces computers.

Fedde2001

Oct 10, 2016
Netherlands
It's actually a good idea because most of the people who own computers with low spaces can't use forge and add mods such as damage indicators..etc, so this will be a good move and it will help those people with low spaces computers and will remove the advantage wall between the people with good computers and people with low spaces computers.

Tbh, I dont think you'll need that good of a PC to use the systeem as intened at the site.
If your PC is to bad to upload a few video's and use some kind of recording systeem, you should ask yourself (If this would be you) if this wouldn't be unpleasant if you'll become a member of staff and need to help people 'quick'?

Not sure how to tell this a better way, if this comes 'toxic' then know there isn't any toxic intention in this ^^

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Hello

It's ya boy Mega here. Before I start the suggestion you might know it by the title what I'm going to suggest. This has been sugested in the past, I know. But that's like 2 years ago and the answer to that thread was "Install Labymod or a damage indicator."

Well, here's the thing. It might be true to install Labymod or damage indicators, but some of us doesn't acutally know how to download those kind of mods or their pc/laptop isn't beast enough to run mods. For those players it would be handy that cube add damage indicators on the server by default. What this means is that between the player's head and the player's name is a damage indicator. Just a simple one like the '20 <3' one. (see picture)

View attachment 153129

This was a little suggestion. Nothing more to say I guess. You all know what I mean now and if one if you dare to say "Instal labymod or damage indicators" the answer to that is: I use Badlion client and it's impossible to add damage indicators, LOL. No I'm joking. The main reason is for our peasant gamers here. Hopefully you enjoyed reading this suggestion and let's see if it's getting tweaked in the next update.

Thank you
-Megaaa
A true professional pvper or a person who knows what he is doing don’t needs that.For an exaample I’m 69th on the duels leaderboard and I know that you need exsactly 6 criticalls to kill a player who didn’t eat golden apple with the full iron kit and 9 criticalls to kill a player with the diamond armour kit

Ding Junhui

Novice Member
Oct 25, 2017
location, location
A true professional pvper or a person who knows what he is doing don’t needs that.For an exaample I’m 69th on the duels leaderboard and I know that you need exsactly 6 criticalls to kill a player who didn’t eat golden apple with the full iron kit and 9 criticalls to kill a player with the diamond armour kit
So this means it's unfair as an unexperienced player could just download a health bar mod and knows these things without having to learn to gauge fights and count hits.

Er3bos

Dec 4, 2015
Hello

It's ya boy Mega here. Before I start the suggestion you might know it by the title what I'm going to suggest. This has been sugested in the past, I know. But that's like 2 years ago and the answer to that thread was "Install Labymod or a damage indicator."

Well, here's the thing. It might be true to install Labymod or damage indicators, but some of us doesn't acutally know how to download those kind of mods or their pc/laptop isn't beast enough to run mods. For those players it would be handy that cube add damage indicators on the server by default. What this means is that between the player's head and the player's name is a damage indicator. Just a simple one like the '20 <3' one. (see picture)

View attachment 153129

This was a little suggestion. Nothing more to say I guess. You all know what I mean now and if one if you dare to say "Instal labymod or damage indicators" the answer to that is: I use Badlion client and it's impossible to add damage indicators, LOL. No I'm joking. The main reason is for our peasant gamers here. Hopefully you enjoyed reading this suggestion and let's see if it's getting tweaked in the next update.

Thank you
-Megaaa
So many times you are in fight and you get nervous because you don't know the life of the enemy

Juskebat

Dedicated Member
May 18, 2017
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
If there’s any thing I’m doubt about it’s this. It makes the game more skill if you don’t show each other’s health, but with health indicators people will clean more often and people will make decissions because of their opponents’s health. I prefer vanilla Minecraft so I’d say no I think.

Another thing I don’t get is that dragclicking is bannable, most likely because it’s unfair or so (no idea why) but health indicators are way more unfair but that’s cubecraft logicness I guess.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on r1ftz9462's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Tripleee wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy Birthday!
I love the mix of the spring and birthday lobby. Wish it lasted longer than a week.
IMG_5318.png
Top Bottom