• No, tell me why.

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
Hello

It's ya boy Mega here. Before I start the suggestion you might know it by the title what I'm going to suggest. This has been sugested in the past, I know. But that's like 2 years ago and the answer to that thread was "Install Labymod or a damage indicator."

Well, here's the thing. It might be true to install Labymod or damage indicators, but some of us doesn't acutally know how to download those kind of mods or their pc/laptop isn't beast enough to run mods. For those players it would be handy that cube add damage indicators on the server by default. What this means is that between the player's head and the player's name is a damage indicator. Just a simple one like the '20 <3' one. (see picture)

c59935db390aa18149822501c9eff867816a79be.png

This was a little suggestion. Nothing more to say I guess. You all know what I mean now and if one if you dare to say "Instal labymod or damage indicators" the answer to that is: I use Badlion client and it's impossible to add damage indicators, LOL. No I'm joking. The main reason is for our peasant gamers here. Hopefully you enjoyed reading this suggestion and let's see if it's getting tweaked in the next update.

Thank you
-Megaaa

Fedde2001

Oct 10, 2016
Netherlands
Hey Mega, great suggestion.
My Pc is ‘Beast enough’ for any kind of mods, I just dont play with mods, this would be usefull for me.

I would say i voted ‘Yes make everyone able to see the HP of other players’
But, since there is no poll I cant
Would you mind adding a pol to your post? So everyone can just vote whatever they like!

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
But, since there is no poll I cant
Would you mind adding a pol to your post? So everyone can just vote whatever they like!
Added!

No. These kind of mods should be banned entirely
Can you say why it should be bannable? It maybe give players that have such a mod a great advantage, but if everyone has a damage indicator by default, it isn't really an unfair advantage anymore.

Reactions: Ronzo

God.

Apr 29, 2017
Hell
I kind of disagree,I don't think you should be able to see someone else health bar because it removes the uncertainty before a battle and I think that that removes some fun;but since laby mod/damage indicator are accepted mods and some people use it It may be good to add a default health bar to make things more balance for everyone.

CatLoverSupreme

Novice Member
Jun 1, 2019
Alaska
In general most games on here are structured to not know what other peoples health are. So everyone could present a risk to you and winning but you'll never know. Also, people are more likely to target people on low health which wouldn't be to fair. Honestly I don't agree with having them period nor any other modification like zoom and stuff like that. -1

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
In general most games on here are structured to not know what other peoples health are. So everyone could present a risk to you and winning but you'll never know. Also, people are more likely to target people on low health which wouldn't be to fair. Honestly I don't agree with having them period nor any other modification like zoom and stuff like that. -1
I understand your opinion. But about the targetting part. No matter what the player is using, he still targets you if he sees you are a good player.

CatLoverSupreme

Novice Member
Jun 1, 2019
Alaska
I understand your opinion. But about the targetting part. No matter what the player is using, he still targets you if he sees you are a good player.

That's not exactly true but if you can see if your at a couple hearts he going to make sure to get the easy kill and or clean. If he has no idea he will be more cautious 9.2/10 and won't necessarily target. And what a player uses does matter. Especially if it's giving you a clean cut advantage. Not to mention almost every Skywars game for example is filled with mostly people you don't know and won't run into for a long time again. So you won't always know if their good or not. So it's a gamble. But using that, a pro player can abuse this and attack people who are not as good right away. I just feel like this idea has more problems than it's worth not to mention it takes away from what these games are supposed to be and should be.

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
That's not exactly true but if you can see if your at a couple hearts he going to make sure to get the easy kill and or clean. If he has no idea he will be more cautious 9.2/10 and won't necessarily target. And what a player uses does matter. Especially if it's giving you a clean cut advantage. Not to mention almost every Skywars game for example is filled with mostly people you don't know and won't run into for a long time again. So you won't always know if their good or not. So it's a gamble. But using that, a pro player can abuse this and attack people who are not as good right away. I just feel like this idea has more problems than it's worth not to mention it takes away from what these games are supposed to be and should be.
I don't know from what source these numbers coming from but even though, it's very common that people target rankers or good players. By good players I mention the Leaderboard players or the players that are famous by their name as little Youtuber. Also the chances to encounter the player you've killed last game are bigger than you might think. Like 2 weeks ago I quit Solo Skywars for a moment. Back then I encountered like 10 times the same person in a row. It's because Cube has a low players count at the moment. That will be a lasting problem. About the pro player abuses to attack less experienced players is a myth. In every game you will see de difference between a pro player and a player that's new to the game. Also 1.9 PvP demands a bit of practise, but if your timing is good and your aim is decent you get the hang of it quite easy.

CatLoverSupreme

Novice Member
Jun 1, 2019
Alaska
I don't know from what source these numbers coming from but even though, it's very common that people target rankers or good players. By good players I mention the Leaderboard players or the players that are famous by their name as little Youtuber. Also the chances to encounter the player you've killed last game are bigger than you might think. Like 2 weeks ago I quit Solo Skywars for a moment. Back then I encountered like 10 times the same person in a row. It's because Cube has a low players count at the moment. That will be a lasting problem. About the pro player abuses to attack less experienced players is a myth. In every game you will see de difference between a pro player and a player that's new to the game. Also 1.9 PvP demands a bit of practise, but if your timing is good and your aim is decent you get the hang of it quite easy.

How good you are at PvP has nothing to do with this thread. The point is this should have never really been apart of the game and it shouldn't be encouraged. Not to mention targeting someone based on rank is SEPARATE from this. Their more likely to be targeted for that reason. With being able to see everyone's health ANYONE can be targeted. If rank people have it bad enough, why make it bad for everyone? Also that is not a myth. Happens to me all the time and it happens to others all the time. Example: I was at middle on Skywars with mostly full diamond and another I was after had chain and leather. This dude came who was clearly your typical tryhard had to have health indicator as he must have saw I had less health than the other dude because he went after me and killed me and then went after the other guy. True he would have tried killing both of us but he would have gone with weaker armor logically unless he saw I was down to 3-4 hearts.

Bottom line from all of this: Let's just keep combat games the way they should be because they function fine the way they are. You don't need to know someones health to win a game.

Ronzo

Dedicated Member
Aug 26, 2016
How good you are at PvP has nothing to do with this thread. The point is this should have never really been apart of the game and it shouldn't be encouraged. Not to mention targeting someone based on rank is SEPARATE from this. Their more likely to be targeted for that reason. With being able to see everyone's health ANYONE can be targeted. If rank people have it bad enough, why make it bad for everyone? Also that is not a myth. Happens to me all the time and it happens to others all the time. Example: I was at middle on Skywars with mostly full diamond and another I was after had chain and leather. This dude came who was clearly your typical tryhard had to have health indicator as he must have saw I had less health than the other dude because he went after me and killed me and then went after the other guy. True he would have tried killing both of us but he would have gone with weaker armor logically unless he saw I was down to 3-4 hearts.

Bottom line from all of this: Let's just keep combat games the way they should be because they function fine the way they are. You don't need to know someones health to win a game.
Hypixel has a health indicator and no one complains there

Ronzo

Dedicated Member
Aug 26, 2016
Does this look like Hypixel to you?
Just because they have it doesn't mean we should
My point was that it's not a bad idea as a server, much bigger than cube, has this feature; most people in the minecraft community like this

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
My point was that it's not a bad idea as a server, much bigger than cube, has this feature; most people in the minecraft community like this
I think the reason as to why not many people on Hypixel complain is because they simply don't know any better. Let's also note that Hypixel and CubeCraft are complete opposites.

Adding on, this would simply be unfair due to the fact the awful crime, cleaning, would be committed way more and with this community, that'd be awful

Ronzo

Dedicated Member
Aug 26, 2016
I think the reason as to why not many people on Hypixel complain is because they simply don't know any better. Let's also note that Hypixel and CubeCraft are complete opposites.

Adding on, this would simply be unfair due to the fact the awful crime, cleaning, would be committed way more and with this community, that'd be awful
It's not unfair that labby mod users get this feature and no one else?

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
It's not unfair that labby mod users get this feature and no one else?
I never said it was fair nor do I support allowing them in the first place. Just because some players get an unfair advantage doesn't mean everyone should. That's why I said at the very top of the thread..

No. These kind of mods should be banned entirely

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
CubeCraft is form my point of view, a clean and smooth Minecraft experience. These kind of modifications would just ruin the experience over all. In vanilla Minecraft you don’t have damage indicators and CubeCraft is very vanilla-ish. It gives experienced players an even higher cutting edge over new players. I know this is already used by many players, but not everyone has access to them as you said. Imagine the clean feast FFA would become if you were able to see “Oh look! Two hits and he’s gone!”.
Minecraft is a beautiful and very enjoyable game in itself, and it has become the most sold game in history for a reason. Because it doesn’t have things like damage indicators. Minecraft is simple, keep CubeCraft simple.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Hypixel has a health indicator and no one complains there
Hypixel is more of a competitive server if you haven’t noticed. They also send you short messages when you shoot someone so you know how much health they have.
But (as I see it) CubeCraft has a different demographic, and keeping their games simple is the best they can do.

Fedde2001

Oct 10, 2016
Netherlands
Lots of comments on this tread are about that this Will be an advantage or not.
Yes, if Atm a player has LabyMod/any mod that shows Health. They are having an advantage.

I dont like mods and specially not these ones, but since these are allowed on CC I dont think its ‘unfair’ or ‘target increasing’ to make this for players without a mod also.
The second any ‘health-showing-mod’ is not allowed anymore I would change my vote to remove the health function.

Until then, I would like mod users to be even with players without mods.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
Top Bottom