Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
A lot of games have barely any players. Which is a shame, but it is what it is.

I spend way to much time waiting for more players in game lobbies for survival games and skywars etc. Meanwhile I can play a game of Tower Defense with just one opponent. Why isn't this an option for some of the other games? I rather play survival games with 2 or 3 (the border could be a lot smaller in survival games with just 3 people) others instead of waiting for another couple to join.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sweetenerera

Wintrie

Dedicated Member
Dec 1, 2016
Scotland
www.youtube.com
nope, it has 3000 players on at the moment
if that is dying then I can't wait for when cubecraft is alive
Dying doesn't necessarily mean the population of the server. The overall quality of the server is "dying" most people only get on to play 1 game, many games (like expressed in this thread) only have 50 people of those 3000 players, so those specific games are dying, the server isn't dead quite yet but if they keep going down the route of monthly payments for a rank, almost "copying" their successors. I do not see this server hanging on for much longer than a year or two.

John Clark

Novice Member
Aug 8, 2018
Dying doesn't necessarily mean the population of the server. The overall quality of the server is "dying" most people only get on to play 1 game, many games (like expressed in this thread) only have 50 people of those 3000 players, so those specific games are dying, the server isn't dead quite yet but if they keep going down the route of monthly payments for a rank, almost "copying" their successors. I do not see this server hanging on for much longer than a year or two.
The quality is not dying it is actually getting better
Almost all good suggestions get esceleated and implemented immediately im pretty sure and they listen to players a lot and also they are partnered with microsoft so they have to be doing something right

Reactions: Priley

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
the server isn't dead quite yet but if they keep going down the route of monthly payments for a rank, almost "copying" their successors. I do not see this server hanging on for much longer than a year or two.

They are copying one of their successors a lot. Maybe they should just try to do their own thing, instead of doing the same thing the other side is doing, because why would someone come to Cubecraft if they can do it somewhere else in an arguable better way?

The quality is not dying it is actually getting better
Almost all good suggestions get esceleated and implemented immediately im pretty sure and they listen to players a lot and also they are partnered with microsoft so they have to be doing something right

I don't know about you, but when I was really active on this server around 2016 (maybe even 2017) I could hop into Eggwars match after Eggwars match. The map I played the most was Teaparty and was always full in no time. Now I can barely get 10 people in a survival game. And Eggwars is dead. And yet they decide to split the Eggwars community even more with "Experimental Eggwars" ... where would they have gotten that idea?

So playerbase they must be losing a lot.

> partnered with microsoft so they have to be doing something right

Good for them, but that honestly doesn't mean anything. For example I could set up my own brand mark shop or restaurant too, but that doesn't mean I will be successful. And I'm guessing if they partnered up with Microsoft it has nothing to do with the Java edition, but with the windows 10 edition and the Pocket editions.

Anyway, 3000 players online seems a lot, but divided between all kinds of games and different gamemodes (and inactive players) it simply isn't enough. Go through all the games and look at the signs...

Last edited:

John Clark

Novice Member
Aug 8, 2018
I don't know about you, but when I was really active on this server around 2016 (maybe even 2017) I could hop into Eggwars match after Eggwars match. The map I played the most was Teaparty and was always full in no time. Now I can barely get 10 people in a survival game. And Eggwars is dead. And yet they decide to split the Eggwars community even more with "Experimental Eggwars" ... where would they have gotten that idea?

So playerbase they must be losing a lot.

> partnered with microsoft so they have to be doing something right

Good for them, but that honestly doesn't mean anything. For example I could set up my own brand mark shop or restaurant too, but that doesn't mean I will be successful. And I'm guessing if they partnered up with Microsoft it has nothing to do with the Java edition, but with the windows 10 edition and the Pocket editions.

Anyway, 3000 players online seems a lot, but divided between all kinds of games and different gamemodes (and inactive players) it simply isn't enough. Go through all the games and look at the signs...
I think you are pretending the problem is worse than it is, the server is for sure not dead.
teaparty is a bad map anyway because it is hard to bowspam people off the island so all the tryhards just win, it is a bad map.

anyway the real reason people don't play eggwars and skywars as much is because slowly but surely we are getting rid of the tryhards (worst type of players), that is why we got rid of "no projectiles" mode in skywars because the tryhards would always vote for them. Now that the mode is gone, the tryhards will all quit, so for a while yes, maybe there will be less players, but later on the player count will grow again and this time it will grow without tryhards and have a happy friendy community instead :)

also i got many friends who play double eggwars it is fun and removing a game mode will not decrease players! you are complaining about a gift the cubecraft devs gave to us? so ungrateful!

also waiting for games is not hard, you just have to be patient. heck there are developers who work hard who deserve a rest but they refuse to rest and instead work hard everyday, but you are complaining that you have to wait a little long to play a game? that is disrespectful to the developers and staff and builders.

i think cube is fine as it is and does not need to cut down number of players for a game to start as people will just kill farm :)

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
I think you are pretending the problem is worse than it is, the server is for sure not dead.
teaparty is a bad map anyway because it is hard to bowspam people off the island so all the tryhards just win, it is a bad map.

Whether you think it's bad or not doesn't matter, it's the fact that barely any map gets filled to the max. Let alone a map for 40 players, which used to fill up in no time.

anyway the real reason people don't play eggwars and skywars as much is because slowly but surely we are getting rid of the tryhards (worst type of players), that is why we got rid of "no projectiles" mode in skywars because the tryhards would always vote for them. Now that the mode is gone, the tryhards will all quit, so for a while yes, maybe there will be less players, but later on the player count will grow again and this time it will grow without tryhards and have a happy friendy community instead :)

What is the difference between a tryhard and someone who is just better then you are? Anyway, I don't know whether or not the playercount will grow. I hope so, but I can't see Cubecraft gaining a much larger playerbase in their current state.

also i got many friends who play double eggwars it is fun and removing a game mode will not decrease players! you are complaining about a gift the cubecraft devs gave to us? so ungrateful!

Ungrateful? I'm giving my opinion. If you can't deal with different opinions and feedback towards Cubecraft I suggest you not to react to me again. If you are mature enough to accept people have different opinions and can keep continue the conversation in a mature way then I will happily receive your comment. What I'm saying is they split up all the Eggwars players between yet another gamemode, which means even less players in each mode and longer wait times.

i think cube is fine as it is and does not need to cut down number of players for a game to start as people will just kill farm

You can't kill farm in many games.

John Clark

Novice Member
Aug 8, 2018
Whether you think it's bad or not doesn't matter, it's the fact that barely any map gets filled to the max. Let alone a map for 40 players, which used to fill up in no time.

What is the difference between a tryhard and someone who is just better then you are? Anyway, I don't know whether or not the playercount will grow. I hope so, but I can't see Cubecraft gaining a much larger playerbase in their current state.

Ungrateful? I'm giving my opinion. If you can't deal with different opinions and feedback towards Cubecraft I suggest you not to react to me again. If you are mature enough to accept people have different opinions and can keep continue the conversation in a mature way then I will happily receive your comment. What I'm saying is they split up all the Eggwars players between yet another gamemode, which means even less players in each mode and longer wait times.

You can't kill farm in many games.
maybe people just got bored of those maps like teaparty, maybe they should be removed and new maps should take its place so people will be excited and join back again

a tryhard is someone that voted for no projectiles back when you could vote for that, they try too hard, are rude in chat and ruin games so all of us on the forums got mad and suggested that no projectile voting option get removed so that now they are quitting, maybe 50% are gone already, hope fully 100% soon and we can start a new friendly community. why can you not see the player base growing?? they are adding so many things like battle zone updates every 2 weeks and a ton of new maps and volleyball gadgets, cages and more fun vanity items. the server will defintely grow because of this, too many new features to count

also they did not split up eggwars, people who like egwars can still play it, now some people can play double eggwars mode too! :)

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
maybe people just got bored of those maps like teaparty, maybe they should be removed and new maps should take its place so people will be excited and join back again

Wouldn't that be amazing. If removing some maps and adding new maps would bring back people?

why can you not see the player base growing?? they are adding so many things like battle zone updates every 2 weeks and a ton of new maps and volleyball gadgets, cages and more fun vanity items. the server will defintely grow because of this, too many new features to count

Because it has dropped so hard? Some new maps and gadgets isn't really gonna get the big numbers back, but I do hope it will grow. Don't see it happening anytime soon tho. If you think the server will definitely grow because of those features then I don't understand how it has been losing players in the first place.

also they did not split up eggwars, people who like egwars can still play it, now some people can play double eggwars mode too! :)

John Clark

Novice Member
Aug 8, 2018
Wouldn't that be amazing. If removing some maps and adding new maps would bring back people?

Because it has dropped so hard? Some new maps and gadgets isn't really gonna get the big numbers back, but I do hope it will grow. Don't see it happening anytime soon tho. If you think the server will definitely grow because of those features then I don't understand how it has been losing players in the first place.
Maybe but I think I'm right :P

D

Deleted member 347571

Fortnite is the reason ((: & Mc i just dying like other games. Cubecraft will get their players back if Fortnite dies ((:

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Congrats.
Kiyaan gaming world on YouTube
This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
Top Bottom