• Total voters

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
Hello people of Cube. Here's an idea:

CUBEFEST

Cubefest is based off of Splatfest, from the Nintendo game Splatoon. I will let the wiki explain what it is and I will edit it to make sense in Minecraft terms.

WHAT IS CUBEFEST

Cubefest is a month long event where players are able to choose between two teams and participate in battles against each other. Players are limited to two teams during the Cubefest, reflecting which side they're on. The teams will always be based around a question.
Ex: What Game Do You Like More: Skywars or Eggwars?
Event Games will be where players fight for their side. For the example question, players will fight in the games Skywars and Eggwars. The Event Games will always have 2 teams, one for each answer of the question.

BATTLES

Cubefest battles will be specially highlighted in the TEAM portion of the gamemodes. These battles could happen twice a day or such. Once players click the sign, they will be teleported to the usual waiting lobby. There players can pick their side in the battle. There are no limits of how many players on each team. The waiting lobby will have a 5 minute countdown before the game begins. From there on, it follows normal team rules. The team that stands victorious at the end will gain points for their team.

WINNING

The Final Score will calculated based on both popularity and wins.
Each Event Game won will be 100 points for your team. Losing will not decrease your points.
Popularity will be based on how many players are on each team X10.
Ex: Eggwars has 50 players in this game and Skywars has 35
Eggwars will then earn 500 points for their team and Skywars will win 350 for their team.
Staff Members will be assigned to watch the game and look out for any rulebreakers. They will then report who won the game and gather up the points to be tallied.

REWARDS
Rewards will be given to the winning team. The rewards would be:
  • 3 Cubelets
  • 500 Points
  • A Vanity Item Exclusive To The Cubefest Events

Thanks For Reading!
Please give me your opinion in the comments or in the poll!

Tags: @Unipotato @CyanYellow @KitKatkels17 @LucianYOLO @Emmy @Tacosbefriends @TheBrownster904

Sources: https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Splatfest

A

A pigeon

Im crying rn because i may not be able to get splatoon 2 at launch.

Right now let me elaborate on how the winning team will be rated

For example , Ninjas vs Pirates ( cubefest should not be like this)

Ninjas had 70% popularity but Pirates had only 20%

However pirates won because their number of wins was multiplied 4 times i believe.

They won because Ninjas team kept getting paired up with other Ninjas and thus most could not contribute enough wins. Real splatfest btw , this actually happened. The team with most players almost always lost , there were only 2 exceptions - being the first and last splatfest.

So basically what im trying to say is , the popularity should not play a major role in determining the winning team.

Therefore The number of wins should be multiplies thrice and the popularity should be multiplied by half .

Also in eggwars , during splatfest , ih cubefest, modify the maps . Ex We should be able to play a 25 v 25 game on mushrooms. For example , there will be teams of 25 , but there would be an individual egg for each island.

Essentially , the entire team of 25 would have 5 eggs.

This could go either way - once an egg breaks , the players who spawned in that particular island, where the egg broke can no longer respawn

Or.. the enemy would first have to break all 5 eggs to be able to eliminate any player

Lol the reply itself is longer than the thread . Gl for the icecream vs cake splatfest demo nextweek btw.

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
I feel like this would be a lot of development work for an event that wouldn't last. Maybe if they did every year, like every <insert month here> is cubefest from now on, but then I feel like if new payers joined during that month they would be confused and get a misrepresentation of the server that is the other 11 months of the year. I just feel like this is too much trouble for the amount of effort required, and it would have to be executed really well to be any fun.

A

A pigeon

I feel like this would be a lot of development work for an event that wouldn't last. Maybe if they did every year, like every <insert month here> is cubefest from now on, but then I feel like if new payers joined during that month they would be confused and get a misrepresentation of the server that is the other 11 months of the year. I just feel like this is too much trouble for the amount of effort required, and it would have to be executed really well to be any fun.
It doesn not need to be efficiently excecuted to be fin . They could do a sloppy job and it would still be fun. I would prefer if they did a good job , but for ideas like these , a meh job is better than nothing

Gaaabb

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Hello people of Cube. Here's an idea:

CUBEFEST

Cubefest is based off of Splatfest, from the Nintendo game Splatoon. I will let the wiki explain what it is and I will edit it to make sense in Minecraft terms.

WHAT IS CUBEFEST

Cubefest is a month long event where players are able to choose between two teams and participate in battles against each other. Players are limited to two teams during the Cubefest, reflecting which side they're on. The teams will always be based around a question.
Ex: What Game Do You Like More: Skywars or Eggwars?
Event Games will be where players fight for their side. For the example question, players will fight in the games Skywars and Eggwars. The Event Games will always have 2 teams, one for each answer of the question.

BATTLES

Cubefest battles will be specially highlighted in the TEAM portion of the gamemodes. These battles could happen twice a day or such. Once players click the sign, they will be teleported to the usual waiting lobby. There players can pick their side in the battle. There are no limits of how many players on each team. The waiting lobby will have a 5 minute countdown before the game begins. From there on, it follows normal team rules. The team that stands victorious at the end will gain points for their team.

WINNING

The Final Score will calculated based on both popularity and wins.
Each Event Game won will be 100 points for your team. Losing will not decrease your points.
Popularity will be based on how many players are on each team X10.
Ex: Eggwars has 50 players in this game and Skywars has 35
Eggwars will then earn 500 points for their team and Skywars will win 350 for their team.
Staff Members will be assigned to watch the game and look out for any rulebreakers. They will then report who won the game and gather up the points to be tallied.

REWARDS
Rewards will be given to the winning team. The rewards would be:
  • 3 Cubelets
  • 500 Points
  • A Vanity Item Exclusive To The Cubefest Events

Thanks For Reading!
Please give me your opinion in the comments or in the poll!

Tags: @Unipotato @CyanYellow @KitKatkels17 @LucianYOLO @Emmy @Tacosbefriends @TheBrownster904

Sources: https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Splatfest

Ow, sounds cool :>

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
It sounds crazy good. So you need to practise with your team so that you can do a battle against other teams. I kinda see your point , there are a lot of players who are starting competitions. I would like to see this but it will take a lot of time.

Reactions: TriangleAttack

Gaaabb

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Instead of posting meaningless comments you can like the thred instead. It is annoying to see pointless comments and get notified for them
lol? I just say it sounds cool and noe you are coming and say meaningless comments? Bruh, other people do the same so don't be mad at me man! Go annoy other people please. I try my best and say that's a cool idea

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Im sure splat herself would like her homeland event hosted in other places,
It's a cool idea, but i would the shorten the event to 1 week instead of a whole month
I dont see the problem really we are just tacking on another event thats set up like halloween and christmas

A

A pigeon

Im sure splat herself would like her homeland event hosted in other places,

I dont see the problem really we are just tacking on another event thats set up like halloween and christmas
True and all but , whta do you mean by 'splat herself'

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
uhu :thisisfine:
Kloska wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Capitan wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday Elivat!
Basketman wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow 💛
SpringWarz wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Top Bottom