Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

hFurb4ll

Jul 6, 2021
Pronouns
She/They
Helo, uhh I’d like to just immediately begin talking about the things that I need to say. Cubecraft has not exactly had the greatest start to 2024, and this thing I want to talk about just so happens to have occurred right into that time frame. There is a pack on Cubecraft right now called “Devil opening pack” for lucky blocks, being advertised literally in the lobby, and someone who goes by the name of Riftz made a community post about it. Which says in these exact words:
“Some of you may know I’m a Christian, I fully believe that the only way to heaven is to believe and put your trust in God. I do not want to put my trust in a server that is advertising the devil. This is a KIDS Minecraft server. So disappointed at whoever thought this was a good idea. I don’t want to be partnered with a server that advertises the devil. Coming from a server that says they stay neutral with religion and then proceed to do this is so wrong. Cashing out to kids by using this is disgusting. Very annoyed.”
The post can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxHeEYscuWSlzu8NTujI0BiHYHH6GKYOik
I’m so sorry for just copying and pasting that but anyways, many people agreed with Riftz. If you look at the replies, it’s pretty much all agreement. Except, the story unfortunately doesn’t end there. A bit later Riftz makes a video titled “Why I’m leaving” and in it, explains what happened after that post was made. Here is the summary of that video:

After Riftz made the post about the pack, they had received a warning from Cubecraft partner support. With the reason for the warning being because of Riftz’s toxic nature. So Riftz asks if partner support could specify the warning as “toxic nature” was vague. However, there were no further details provided and Riftz was told that further details could not be provided. So Riftz was a little confused since why would you warn someone and then not go into any further detail about it? Then from there, assumed that the warning was only because of religious beliefs. Partner support says that the post about the pack had only partial impact and then mentions that Riftz said they didn’t want to be partnered so that’s exactly what happened. Riftz asks again what else is there to the warning, but the response is the same “your behavior towards staff and community, but I won’t go into any further details.” Proceeds to also mention the removal of partnership. So Riftz says “I have not asked for removal, I said I will resign if nothing is done about the pack.” Along with a couple other things. The response from partner support has 3 parts: They don’t specify because they want to protect the people involved, the pack went through review and got no flags so it won’t be changed or removed, and then informs Riftz that they took away the partnership, ending the discussion altogether.

A couple things to note:
-Riftz didn’t have a choice whether or not to stay partnered in the end.
-A claim was made that partner support was checking every spot of the Cubecraft internet to find any evidence of Riftz being toxic to others. Yet there was no evidence of that. However, neither do I know of any evidence that supports this entire claim, but if there is then let me know.
-The actual video of this can be found here, and I think it’s better than the summary I gave:

After that whole video thing went around. A couple other partners did not really like how the situation was handled and also left. There’s this funny moment of a tweet or uhm, an X post, by VanHouten which takes the video by Riftz and puts it out there more publicly. Insert a Spongebob 9 hours later transition to a follow up saying they’ve been muted for a week because they brought the situation to light.
Which this is the tweet: And this is part 2: That’s pretty much the entire story, Cubecraft wins in the end.

I’m on Riftz’s side for this one. The way an actual discussion was avoided is kind of strange, and just how the situation was handled in general isn’t okay and is quite unprofessional. It isn’t just me who agrees with that either. Unfortunately, what it has felt like from Cubecraft after that whole drama is just “it’s not our fault unless we say it is.” Cubecraft has a resume at this point of being the server that seems to have some strange perception of the community. That strange perception almost feels a little alienating. Multiple times it’s been said that the community isn’t really listened to and that Cubecraft just cannot take criticism to save their life. Thinking about it, yea it’s pretty true. I cannot stress enough that Cubecraft should’ve apologized for offending a religion, and even how they handled the situation. An apology was the perfect opportunity to stop this from turning into a huge drama, yet they kinda just threw away that opportunity and then it became a huge drama. An apology in that moment could’ve stopped their reputation from dropping to the negatives in the eyes of many.

I want to conclude by saying that you can say whatever you’d like to defend Cubecraft here, but I don’t think anything can excuse the fact that this pack is still offensive and goes against millions of people’s religious beliefs. I’m not even a religious person and the pack makes me uncomfortable. Leaving that pack there, you can and already are being called a devil worshipping server. Also since this is mostly directed towards children who probably have no idea that this is actually wrong, it makes this even worse. Yeah Cubecraft is focused on business, but taking it into the territory of religion I don’t think is a good idea because of how controversial of a topic religion is. This is why I’m more comfortable with “Winter bundle” rather than “Christmas bundle” which someone should fact check if it was actually called “Christmas bundle” at one point or my memory just failed on me. Anyways, one last thing, if you don’t care that it’s offending others, then I’m sorry, but that is kinda greedy, if not selfish. I want to believe that there weren’t any ill intentions but that is extremely difficult.

So now what ?
Well, the pack should just be at least changed to something different. At this point, it’s either that or it gets removed entirely. I know that this is “just a cosmetic on a Minecraft server” but you can’t deny that you gotta respect people’s religious beliefs. If nothing is done about the pack, then welp, goodbye Cubecraft from me !
However, I hope it doesn’t reach that point. So uhm, yeah that’s pretty much all I have to say. Thanks for reading <3

Oh, the cosmetics are still being advertised in the lucky blocks lobby last time I checked.
For real this time: thanks for reading <3

Reactions: remio

asqsk

Novice Member
Apr 16, 2023
Pronouns
He/Him
Helo, uhh I’d like to just immediately begin talking about the things that I need to say. Cubecraft has not exactly had the greatest start to 2024, and this thing I want to talk about just so happens to have occurred right into that time frame. There is a pack on Cubecraft right now called “Devil opening pack” for lucky blocks, being advertised literally in the lobby, and someone who goes by the name of Riftz made a community post about it. Which says in these exact words:
“Some of you may know I’m a Christian, I fully believe that the only way to heaven is to believe and put your trust in God. I do not want to put my trust in a server that is advertising the devil. This is a KIDS Minecraft server. So disappointed at whoever thought this was a good idea. I don’t want to be partnered with a server that advertises the devil. Coming from a server that says they stay neutral with religion and then proceed to do this is so wrong. Cashing out to kids by using this is disgusting. Very annoyed.”
The post can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxHeEYscuWSlzu8NTujI0BiHYHH6GKYOik
I’m so sorry for just copying and pasting that but anyways, many people agreed with Riftz. If you look at the replies, it’s pretty much all agreement. Except, the story unfortunately doesn’t end there. A bit later Riftz makes a video titled “Why I’m leaving” and in it, explains what happened after that post was made. Here is the summary of that video:

After Riftz made the post about the pack, they had received a warning from Cubecraft partner support. With the reason for the warning being because of Riftz’s toxic nature. So Riftz asks if partner support could specify the warning as “toxic nature” was vague. However, there were no further details provided and Riftz was told that further details could not be provided. So Riftz was a little confused since why would you warn someone and then not go into any further detail about it? Then from there, assumed that the warning was only because of religious beliefs. Partner support says that the post about the pack had only partial impact and then mentions that Riftz said they didn’t want to be partnered so that’s exactly what happened. Riftz asks again what else is there to the warning, but the response is the same “your behavior towards staff and community, but I won’t go into any further details.” Proceeds to also mention the removal of partnership. So Riftz says “I have not asked for removal, I said I will resign if nothing is done about the pack.” Along with a couple other things. The response from partner support has 3 parts: They don’t specify because they want to protect the people involved, the pack went through review and got no flags so it won’t be changed or removed, and then informs Riftz that they took away the partnership, ending the discussion altogether.

A couple things to note:
-A claim was made that partner support was checking every spot of the Cubecraft internet to find any evidence of Riftz being toxic to others. Yet there was no evidence of that. However, neither do I know of any evidence that supports this entire claim, but if there is then let me know.
-The actual video of this can be found here, and I think it’s better than the summary I gave:

After that whole video thing went around. A couple other partners did not really like how the situation was handled and also left. There’s this funny moment of a tweet or uhm, an X post, by VanHouten which takes the video by Riftz and puts it out there more publicly. Insert a Spongebob 9 hours later transition to a follow up saying they’ve been muted for a week because they brought the situation to light.
Which this is the tweet: And this is part 2: That’s pretty much the entire story, Cubecraft wins in the end.

I’m on Riftz’s side for this one. The way an actual discussion was avoided is kind of strange, and just how the situation was handled in general isn’t okay and is quite unprofessional. It isn’t just me who agrees with that either. Unfortunately, what it has felt like from Cubecraft after that whole drama is just “it’s not our fault unless we say it is.” Cubecraft has a resume at this point of being the server that seems to have some strange perception of the community. That strange perception almost feels a little alienating. Multiple times it’s been said that the community isn’t really listened to and that Cubecraft just cannot take criticism to save their life. Thinking about it, yea it’s pretty true. I cannot stress enough that Cubecraft should’ve apologized for offending a religion, and even how they handled the situation. An apology was the perfect opportunity to stop this from turning into a huge drama, yet they kinda just threw away that opportunity and then it became a huge drama. An apology in that moment could’ve stopped their reputation from dropping to the negatives in the eyes of many.

I want to conclude by saying that you can say whatever you’d like to defend Cubecraft here, but I don’t think anything can excuse the fact that this pack is still offensive and goes against millions of people’s religious beliefs. I’m not even a religious person and the pack makes me uncomfortable. Leaving that pack there, you can and already are being called a devil worshipping server. Also since this is mostly directed towards children who probably have no idea that this is actually wrong, it makes this even worse. Yeah Cubecraft is focused on business, but taking it into the territory of religion I don’t think is a good idea because of how controversial of a topic religion is. This is why I’m more comfortable with “Winter bundle” rather than “Christmas bundle” which someone should fact check if it was actually called “Christmas bundle” at one point or my memory just failed on me. Anyways, one last thing, if you don’t care that it’s offending others, then I’m sorry, but that is kinda greedy, if not selfish. I want to believe that there weren’t any ill intentions but that is extremely difficult.

So now what ?
Well, the pack should just be at least changed to something different. At this point, it’s either that or it gets removed entirely. I know that this is “just a cosmetic on a Minecraft server” but you can’t deny that you gotta respect people’s religious beliefs. If nothing is done about the pack, then welp, goodbye Cubecraft from me !
However, I hope it doesn’t reach that point. So uhm, yeah that’s pretty much all I have to say. Thanks for reading <3

Oh, the cosmetics are still being advertised in the lucky blocks lobby last time I checked.
Hello, I think all the actions they did in Cubecraft are correct and here's why:
When they created a bundle with the name of Devil on it, that does not really mean that they are in solidarity with him. What your friend Riftz did is called interference in the server’s affairs. He is just a player who can give the package a bad rating if he wanted to, but he did the exact opposite. He intervened in the server’s affairs and imposed his opinion. As if he owned the server.

How do you say that if they continue to put the bundle, it will be bad for kids? If you want it like this, in most games, most players use names that contain death, blood, or the devil. Why are you not against this here? In reality, I see no reason to deter the package because I see all your statements as illogical and somewhat contradictory to reality.

And after the Cubecraft admins treated him in the right way, guess what, he went to post a clip against Cubecraft and encourage people to leave him. Man, he is exceeding his limits a lot. In any case, your friend is wrong against the server and I hope he apologizes and then leaves the server whenever he wants. This is a personal decision on his part. Thanks you . I hope I explained it right.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hello, I think all the actions they did in Cubecraft are correct and here's why:
When they created a bundle with the name of Devil on it, that does not really mean that they are in solidarity with him. What your friend Riftz did is called interference in the server’s affairs. He is just a player who can give the package a bad rating if he wanted to, but he did the exact opposite. He intervened in the server’s affairs and imposed his opinion. As if he owned the server.
He was not just a player, but took part in the partner program, making him advertise the server and being some kind of a representative figure. That in mind, it's a logical thing to be extra vocal about something that goes against your morals and values.

How do you say that if they continue to put the bundle, it will be bad for kids? If you want it like this, in most games, most players use names that contain death, blood, or the devil. Why are you not against this here? In reality, I see no reason to deter the package because I see all your statements as illogical and somewhat contradictory to reality.
Classic whataboutism, says absolutely nothing about the topic itself. This is a 'child friendly' server that has always banned and will always ban swearwords, blood, gores etc. The stuff that you say it just completely irrelevant.
'Most games have it' they don't necessarily advertise themselves as being 'child friendly'?

Reality is that the 'child friendly, open to everyone and neutral towards religion' server actively shows to be open to everyone only if you belong to a certain category/bracket. (Which doesn't really sound open to everyone)

cryptofrogz

Novice Member
Jul 18, 2023
England
I’m gonna be honest this is just dead news now. Riftz was a nice bloke and all and dealt with the situation well but could have made a couple better choices but so could have cubecraft. All Cube had to do was mention that the bundle was verified by Microsoft itself in the beginning of this issue and it would have probably ended the situation a lot quicker. Yes everyone is allowed to talk about and have a say about religion to a certain extent on the server but it did cause some unnecessary drama which was beyond that threshold and therefore led to a situation which Cube had very little control over and the only way to end it was to meet and the middle and revoke riftz from the partner programme a little shorter than what he said he would do himself. But then why play Minecraft if they literally have a dimension based around hell. I am referring to the nether biome fire, lava and goofy looking meaty mobs yes there is no demonic stuff actually in the game that was the idea Mojang was going off in the first place, Obviously that had no religious intent. Why play Minecraft at all? but then your targeting a bundle on its appearance just because of the title. I’m sure if they just changed the name to something else like the “Eternal heat” opening pack none of this would have occurred. No one ever questioned the devil egg cosmetic for eggwars, its just another battle between the community and how far they can push the boundaries of the staff and its guidelines. Obviously it wasn’t in any way malicious but did put them in a little vulnerable spot for their reputation within the active long and committed community’s.
I don’t really care about any of this as it was rather a tic for a tat game and is in the past, there was a resolution for the situation and both parties went their separate ways and haven’t had contact since.
End of.

asqsk

Novice Member
Apr 16, 2023
Pronouns
He/Him
He was not just a player, but took part in the partner program, making him advertise the server and being some kind of a representative figure. That in mind, it's a logical thing to be extra vocal about something that goes against your morals and values.

Classic whataboutism, says absolutely nothing about the topic itself. This is a 'child friendly' server that has always banned and will always ban swearwords, blood, gores etc. The stuff that you say it just completely irrelevant.
'Most games have it' they don't necessarily advertise themselves as being 'child friendly'?

Reality is that the 'child friendly, open to everyone and neutral towards religion' server actively shows to be open to everyone only if you belong to a certain category/bracket. (Which doesn't really sound open to everyone)
I did not say that he is an normal player, but he opposes the decision of the Admins and they are the people who know the best interests of the server.

His words were taken into consideration and rejected. This is what actually happened. I did not say that blood, death, or the devil exists on the Cubecraft server. I know the rules, by the way. I said in most games and did not specify.

Why do you keep saying “child friendly”, literally it is just the name of a devil placed on a bundle, and I think all his words have been answered before me by the admins, in the end the decision has been made, why is the topic opened again?

I’m gonna be honest this is just dead news now. Riftz was a nice bloke and all and dealt with the situation well but could have made a couple better choices but so could have cubecraft. All Cube had to do was mention that the bundle was verified by Microsoft itself in the beginning of this issue and it would have probably ended the situation a lot quicker. Yes everyone is allowed to talk about and have a say about religion to a certain extent on the server but it did cause some unnecessary drama which was beyond that threshold and therefore led to a situation which Cube had very little control over and the only way to end it was to meet and the middle and revoke riftz from the partner programme a little shorter than what he said he would do himself. But then why play Minecraft if they literally have a dimension based around hell. I am referring to the nether biome fire, lava and goofy looking meaty mobs yes there is no demonic stuff actually in the game that was the idea Mojang was going off in the first place, Obviously that had no religious intent. Why play Minecraft at all? but then your targeting a bundle on its appearance just because of the title. I’m sure if they just changed the name to something else like the “Eternal heat” opening pack none of this would have occurred. No one ever questioned the devil egg cosmetic for eggwars, its just another battle between the community and how far they can push the boundaries of the staff and its guidelines. Obviously it wasn’t in any way malicious but did put them in a little vulnerable spot for their reputation within the active long and committed community’s.
I don’t really care about any of this as it was rather a tic for a tat game and is in the past, there was a resolution for the situation and both parties went their separate ways and haven’t had contact since.
End of.
I agree with every word you said. I really don't know why the topic was opened again. I thought it was resolved.

Mr Jii Gamer

Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him

A couple things to note:

So now what ?

Thats a really long speech but i thing all things on cubecraft are normal and do not touch any of Religions so they know what they do and he is own decisions for leaving cubecraft and the partner of it

Aratic

Dec 30, 2022
that orange tree
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him

A couple things to note:

So now what ?

I think this is now outdated, both ends had bad communication and that caused issues

Reactions: Casualpoalrbear

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Hello,

This subject has already been resolved and replied to on this thread. Our position on the Devil Opening Pack remains the same as of current.

The spread of misinformation has sadly made this situation a lot worse than it was, so you'll need to take what you read online about this whole situation with a pinch of salt.

Thanks,
Cam! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

qKhalidd wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Top Bottom