Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamFudge

Jun 1, 2017
Tel Aviv, Israel
www.cubecraft.net
Welcome to the CubeCraft themed EggWars map!

I was struggling trying to find the right theme for a map. Thinking about themes that were relatable and important to the CubeCraft community like "Gaming" and "Music". I even thought about "Sushi". I mean who doesn't like sushi? Anyway. I realized that I had overlooked something that has been so important to all of us. The glue that holds our entire community together. CubeCraft. I wanted to honor us all by creating an incredible map that would start 2021 with a blast! Enjoy :D

Player Islands: Player egg, iron generator (Lvl. 1), and gold generator (Lvl. 1).
Sub-Islands: 2 diamond generators (Lvl. 1). May change to diamond generator (Lvl. 1) and gold generator (Lvl. 2).
Main Island: 2 diamond generators (Lvl. 3) and emerald generator (broken or Lvl. 1).

render.png

Attachments

• Entire.png
    Entire.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 100
  • In-depth.png
    In-depth.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 98
  • Main Island 2.png
    Main Island 2.png
    772.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Main Island.png
    Main Island.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 86
  • Main POV.png
    Main POV.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 79
  • Starter Island.png
    Starter Island.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 76
  • Starter POV.png
    Starter POV.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 86
  • Sub POV.png
    Sub POV.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 92

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
Visually, it looks pretty good. The player islands and sub-islands look nice, although the union jacks may be a bit excessive - especially from my perspective of someone not from the UK. The giant cube in the middle looks a little dark compared to the official logo, so you may want to use a different block there (I'm not really a builder so idk if there is a better option).

In terms of gameplay on the map, I have a few more issues. To start, I think the player islands are a bit small, and that the sub-islands should be a bit longer since there is quite a large gap between them and the main island. Also, I think 10 diamond generators is a bit much, especially since there are only 12 iron and gold generators. The main island has some big issues with its design, namely the narrow entrances to the interior of the cube and the emerald generator's room. I like the idea of the giant cube, but I feel that it would be a better centerpiece rather than the main island itself.

Reactions: wxzzrd

wxzzrd

Dedicated Member
May 30, 2020
I actually think it’s quite cool, maybe not the British flags and a little more detail to the cube

Kimbert_

Mar 8, 2017
Netherlands
I really like the theme of the map but there are some points where you can improve. Beginning with the blocks you've used.

Mid Island
Main Island.png

Those lanterns are added in 1.14+, you only may use blocks that are 1.8 friendly, (same for the end rods)
I'd also like to see some more details as it looks pretty plain to me, eventhough you tried to hide that with placing
painting around.

Starter Island
Starter Island.png

I'd remove those slabs as you way run into some issues when placing blocks, try replacing the with stairs
or a full/whole block e.g. sandstone. Try replacing those jungle logs with 6-sided logs ''//replace 17:3 17:15'' or
''//replacenear <radius> 17:3 17:15''

Semi-middle
Sub POV.png

You should remove those carpets too as you will run into some issues while building as well.
Try placing wool underneath so you still get the same effect.
Same here; use only 1.8 friendly blocks, those stripped logs behind the diamond generators will not work.
It's a hard theme for sure as Cubecraft has a pretty simple logo, I really like the map but it need some changes.

Soulless_Unity

Admin Team
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
May 22, 2017
Hello, thank you for your efforts in submitting this.

Unfortunately, collectively the design team have decided to deny this map submission due to the following reasons:
-Want to avoid using countries flags
-General layout could be improved

Your starting islands are pretty and I love the care you put into the map. Was a good submission, you should be proud of it. ♥️ I agree, love sushi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

woohoo!! 120.80 released and whenever i go into cubecraft my signature skin turns into a steve or alex but in worlds its there!!! thanks mojang now i cant have my skin while playing cubecraft
Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
Top Bottom