Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think the New and Amazing Currency should be implemented :)

• Yes, This sound like a great addition the server :)

• no sorry but I would have to disagree

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
The Problem:
I am hosting a tournament and I wanted to give a reward but did not have real money and I thought to myself well, wouldn't it be just amazing if cubecraft had their own currency that players can trade with one another so I decided to come up with a decent addition :).

The Suggestion:
So What if Cubecraft had a currency called Cubes. You could exchange your "Points" for Cubes in game. As an example, 10 points will = 1 Cube and then if you want you are able to exchange it back so then it will be 1 Cube = 10 points and thus giving the ability for players to give one another points in this way... You may be asking, why not just make Points tradeable. In my opinion, having points be tradeable will just be boring I mean here is an example:
"Cubecraft Just made points tradeable you are no able to type /pay"
where instead you can do this:
"We are launching a new currency to cubecraft soon. It will be tradable among players and can be exchanged for points. This currency will be called Cubes"
It is MUCH more interesting and I think it will be an amazing addition to Cubecraft :)

Notes:
1 - Vote on the poll whether you agree with this suggestion or not
2 - If you disagree please let me know why. I would love to see other views on this topic :)
3 - Please read through the whole suggestion and all its replies before posting to avoid confusion or double posting
4 - If you agree but think that there is something missing. LET me know in the replies :)

Thanks for reading through my suggestion and have a wonderful day : )

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
This is essentially just sharing points but with a bit of a fancy yet completely unnecessary step of converting points to something else, then to send it, and then to convert it back down to points. I can't see why something so impractical should be implemented just for the sake of "it sounds more interesting". Especially if you know it's not actually more interesting, just a pointless step.

Most point sharing suggestions have been turned down by the community, mostly because points are supposed to be earned and not just given to people who don't work for them. Many like myself, have hundreds of thousands of points purely because we worked to get them. The minute they make points sharable, our high point count is basically going to be devalued a lot since it's not as hard to come by points at that point.
Another problem would be the amount of beggars that you'd see in lobbies. Sure, you could report them, but if you have to warn them first, most of them would just lobby surf (switch between lobbies quickly) to get as much bang for their buck as possible before their first warning. Not only is that annoying, but it also provides yet another option for people to break the rules. And frankly, the less rules the better. After all, having a small amount of rules makes them easy to follow.
Furthermore, people could also take advantage of this system by having a friend or someone break rules (such as hacking, teaming, exploiting, etc.) to get points with ease, just to send those points to a friend. Those people would essentially gain points for exploiting the system by having another person break rules to gain them points. You'd get the rewards for someone else doing the dirty work.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
This is essentially just sharing points but with a bit of a fancy yet completely unnecessary step of converting points to something else, then to send it, and then to convert it back down to points. I can't see why something so impractical should be implemented just for the sake of "it sounds more interesting". Especially if you know it's not actually more interesting, just a pointless step.

Most point sharing suggestions have been turned down by the community, mostly because points are supposed to be earned and not just given to people who don't work for them. Many like myself, have hundreds of thousands of points purely because we worked to get them. The minute they make points sharable, our high point count is basically going to be devalued a lot since it's not as hard to come by points at that point.
Another problem would be the amount of beggars that you'd see in lobbies. Sure, you could report them, but if you have to warn them first, most of them would just lobby surf (switch between lobbies quickly) to get as much bang for their buck as possible before their first warning. Not only is that annoying, but it also provides yet another option for people to break the rules. And frankly, the less rules the better. After all, having a small amount of rules makes them easy to follow.
Furthermore, people could also take advantage of this system by having a friend or someone break rules (such as hacking, teaming, exploiting, etc.) to get points with ease, just to send those points to a friend. Those people would essentially gain points for exploiting the system by having another person break rules to gain them points. You'd get the rewards for someone else doing the dirty work.

This is true.

Proposal 1: cube adds a conversion fee towards this? example would be 10 points will get you 1 Cubes where as 1 Cube will get you 3 points.

Proposal 2:
Cubes can not be exchanged for point but can act as a secondary much rarer currency then points. You are able to get for example 1 Cube per game played (Depending on the game) and you are able to trade that to a friend. This currency can be used to purchase normal things that points can but at a higher cost. for example: Buying a parkour map would cost 500 points wheras it would cost around 2k Cubes.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Proposal 1: cube adds a conversion fee towards this? example would be 10 points will get you 1 Cubes where as 1 Cube will get you 3 points.
Still results in a gain of points either way. And something like this might just make it a feature that nobody would really use.

Proposal 2: Cubes can not be exchanged for point but can act as a secondary much rarer currency then points. You are able to get for example 1 Cube per game played (Depending on the game) and you are able to trade that to a friend. This currency can be used to purchase normal things that points can but at a higher cost. for example: Buying a parkour map would cost 500 points wheras it would cost around 2k Cubes.
A single cube per game played is nothing if a price of a parkour map would be 4 times the price in points. You get an average of 20 points per win in any game, right? If you get a single cube for that what gets you 20 points, you'd basically be getting 80 cubes and a single consolation cube. It'd be worthless at a value so small. This would also not stop people from begging or profiting in a questionably unfair way.
All in all, this would make them useless and not solve any of the aforementioned issues either.

Reactions: Lezappen

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
Still results in a gain of points either way. And something like this might just make it a feature that nobody would really use.

A single cube per game played is nothing if a price of a parkour map would be 4 times the price in points. You get an average of 20 points per win in any game, right? If you get a single cube for that what gets you 20 points, you'd basically be getting 80 cubes and a single consolation cube. It'd be worthless at a value so small. This would also not stop people from begging or profiting in a questionably unfair way.
All in all, this would make them useless and not solve any of the aforementioned issues either.

With my second proposal, I was just making examples. The point was that we could make a different way of purchasing items that are rarer in a way but also balanced as to not disrupt the point system which should solve the issue that you brought up with points.

As for the issue with players begging, I cant actually resolve that other than suggesting to have a rule against begging but then it would go against what you said about having an extra rule and I do agree, it would be better if there are fewer rules and I do agree that beggars will be an issue

Back to the rarity of the cubes, If a cube was to be 1 per win but then the price would be lower for the item as to be balanced enough. Example: 50 cubes for a 500 point map. (Keep in mind I am not the best at balancing) but something like this would also solve the point issue

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
Top Bottom