Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think this improvement should be added to sentinel?

• YES! ABSOLUTELY, Now the unfairly banned players will have a fairer chance. :)

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • No, sorry I do not see this as being a good improvement.

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
That's certainly true, but still. Like @zDutchie said, 2 minutes more with a hacked client is a pretty much disadvantage. Hacking is a massive disadvantage for others in general.
True but in my opinion, If they would hack for 2 minutes more, I would rather choose that on potentially helping someone who might get a 7-day ban or a permanent ban.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
That's certainly true, but still. Like @zDutchie said, 2 minutes more with a hacked client is a pretty much disadvantage. Hacking is a massive disadvantage for others in general.
Whatever happened to ' its better to let a guilty player go free, than an innocent be banned' ? the extra minutes would give them an advantage yes, but id rather let a supposed hacker have that advantage then ban the player and then later unban for innocence

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
That's true, but you can also just close Minecraft and delete the file and say ''I don't have hacks. Here, take a look at my folder.''
That wont work, computers dont allow you to delete the file while the application is in use for instance i use the 5zig mod, if im in the middle of an eggwars match, i cant delete it because the game is running, and they cant close the game because that erases chat, either way they still lose

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
That wont work, computers dont allow you to delete the file while the application is in use for instance i use the 5zig mod, if im in the middle of an eggwars match, i cant delete it because the game is running, and they cant close the game because that erases chat, either way they still lose
I already know that, but I thought @Jackxist meant something else.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I'm not sure how much this would help. I actualy thought this would be a good idea before. But while many hackers probably aren't able to completely disable their clients while the game is running, but i assume a good portion is. Those that can't disable it obviously won't send in a video and still complain about being banned unfairly. With those that sent in a video you can still not be sure if they disabled their client and removed the files before recording or not. Especially if players know about this feature, they will search for a client that has a disable option and get ready to delete the suspicious files in case they get banned.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
On linux you can delete jar files that are currently used. A friend and me made a 5zig plugin that is able to delete its own jar file to update itselfand we were initially confused that it didn't work on windows. But I think with administrator permissions it's still possible to delete those files so if they look up how to do that before starting the game it probably won't be a problem for them to delete the files.

D

Deleted member 169486

Here's the thing. A two minute warning seems good in theory, but in practice not so much. Not everyone has a screen recorder, so it's relatively useless for them. Lots of people don't even understand the appeal process when it's written out for them, so I doubt they will be able to understand a message saying they will be banned.

People that are hacking will just have more time to ruin more games and making it worse for other people. And they can easily delete the client or turn it off and start recording, and then get unbanned.

An easier solutions would just to include why they were banned in the message instead of just 'you were banned by the anti-cheat' so players would be able to focus on what would have caused that while explaining it.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I believe some ghost clients have self destruct options... Showing the MC files doesn't prove anything, remembering what you where doing before you got banned may.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
I'm not sure how much this would help. I actualy thought this would be a good idea before. But while many hackers probably aren't able to completely disable their clients while the game is running, but i assume a good portion is. Those that can't disable it obviously won't send in a video and still complain about being banned unfairly. With those that sent in a video you can still not be sure if they disabled their client and removed the files before recording or not. Especially if players know about this feature, they will search for a client that has a disable option and get ready to delete the suspicious files in case they get banned.

This is true, There are clients with a self-destruct feature that would be able to bypass this.

Here's the thing. A two minute warning seems good in theory, but in practice not so much. Not everyone has a screen recorder, so it's relatively useless for them. Lots of people don't even understand the appeal process when it's written out for them, so I doubt they will be able to understand a message saying they will be banned.

People that are hacking will just have more time to ruin more games and making it worse for other people. And they can easily delete the client or turn it off and start recording, and then get unbanned.

An easier solutions would just to include why they were banned in the message instead of just 'you were banned by the anti-cheat' so players would be able to focus on what would have caused that while explaining it.

1 - The message will say that they will be banned in 2 minutes, a lot of players said that if they knew that they were going to get banned they would have immediately opened up a recording software to record, That is where I got this from, to help out the innocent player

2 - I believe that 2 minutes of hacking does not outway the advantage of having an innocent player potentially banned. + Yes there are some ghost clients that are able to self-destruct themselves from the game. A lot of players do not use these. This is merely to give players a chance, Please keep in mind It is telling them they are getting banned, not telling them to record their screen, This is also in a way to help an innocent player out. Whereas a hacker would probably just not do anything when they see the message. And most players do not use ghost clients to hack, Most of them use big-name clients like Wurst and Senos for example.

3 - Sentinel ban message (You have been banned by sentinel. Reason: Cheating)

I believe some ghost clients have self destruct options... Showing the MC files doesn't prove anything, remembering what you where doing before you got banned may.

This is true, although not a lot of players use this and it would not say to start recording, this will at least be able to let them say they have a chance, But there is a chance however that someone uses a self-destruct ghost client which may prove to be a flaw in this. Thankyou for the feedback and I really do appreciate bringing up this problem. Have a nice day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on __obektev__'s profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your time here :)
Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
I have no motivation to write (as well as a bunch of things that I need to get done). However, I have this random plot idea of a new LitD. Two characters who are rivals in many cooking competitions throughout their lives but one of them is in love with the other.

1716070529301.png
Top Bottom